The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 44 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 2751

Thread: Well Hell...

Banned
    workouts look great man

so whats the goal? youre close as hell. within what kind of time frame are you working?

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    workouts look great man

so whats the goal? youre close as hell. within what kind of time frame are you working?
    Well, I'm setting monthly loss goals. I've gained a lot of weight back from the winter, not all of it, but a lot...too much. Each time I start dieting I'm starting lighter than I started in the past, so I guess that's a plus. My goal this time, honestly is to just stay slow and consistent with diet and workouts man. Let's just say my weight, it's up there again. But...it's coming down and we're gonna push through it and make sure I stay on this horse and keep going. I've lost 102lbs since I started worrying about my weight in 07, and I'd love to see another 100 come off.

Weight today:361.8 I know...sad isn't it?
    Last edited by Mark!; 04-05-2011 at 08:39 PM.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Don't worry too much about putting some of the weight back on. It's done and over with and we can't go back in the past and change it. So there's no need to worry about it. You've got your goals for the future and that's what we are aiming and working towards! You'll get there with time and dedication.

Sometimes I think we get stuck on the big goal and lose focus that it takes many steps (short term goals) to get to the bigger goal. So I like the idea of having a monthly goal. Mine was/is to lose 5 pounds a month. Many months I didn't make it in time but it was a weight goal more than a time goal and I just kept going to the goal weight.

Slow and steady wins the race!

Things are looking good Mark! Consistent training/diet will get results every time!

Quote Originally Posted by SCmmaFAN View Post
    Don't worry too much about putting some of the weight back on. It's done and over with and we can't go back in the past and change it. So there's no need to worry about it. You've got your goals for the future and that's what we are aiming and working towards! You'll get there with time and dedication.

Sometimes I think we get stuck on the big goal and lose focus that it takes many steps (short term goals) to get to the bigger goal. So I like the idea of having a monthly goal. Mine was/is to lose 5 pounds a month. Many months I didn't make it in time but it was a weight goal more than a time goal and I just kept going to the goal weight.

Slow and steady wins the race!
    I really appreciate this post man. I've had a really hard time focusing on my current, short term goals and such and getting way too caught up in the future, a year down the road and crap. I get excited about the future, and when I see the little loss here and there, it sucks because I want to see the BIG loss already. I've got to get a new mentality about how to do this rodeo, and gotta get over the crap I've thought in the past. It's hard, but hell, if it weren't hard obesity wouldn't be an issue right? I've got no excuse to keep falling, I mean I've got everything I need to lose weight and build strength in my garage, and a wife that's willing to go through the diet and help prepare our meals together for the week and such. My wife is doing well too, she's lost I think 8lbs this week so far.

Quote Originally Posted by john o View Post
    Things are looking good Mark! Consistent training/diet will get results every time!
    Heck yeah man. I know I've been absolutely blessed to have the people in my life that I do. The trainer I've got is absolutely the best, and can get me exactly where I want to go, and my wife is so super supportive of everything we're doing. Just gotta stay consistent, and stay on target. That's the hard part.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Don't forget...you have all of us pulling for you.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    I really appreciate this post man. I've had a really hard time focusing on my current, short term goals and such and getting way too caught up in the future, a year down the road and crap. I get excited about the future, and when I see the little loss here and there, it sucks because I want to see the BIG loss already. I've got to get a new mentality about how to do this rodeo, and gotta get over the crap I've thought in the past. It's hard, but hell, if it weren't hard obesity wouldn't be an issue right? I've got no excuse to keep falling, I mean I've got everything I need to lose weight and build strength in my garage, and a wife that's willing to go through the diet and help prepare our meals together for the week and such. My wife is doing well too, she's lost I think 8lbs this week so far.
    It sounds like you're getting it figured out! I'm definitely pulling for the both of you.

It's easy to get caught up on the big goal and nothing else. After all, it's usually what motivates us to actually start up a routine, program, diet, etc. Then it's easy to lose focus because it's far enough away from where we are at now. I know I would have quit early on if I was constantly thinking about where I'll be in a year rather than focused on my weekly weigh-ins, monthly weight goals and getting my lifts to go up this month. Yes, I thought about where I wanted to be in a year but the main focus was generally no further than a month ahead and it still is that way, although I'm starting to really think about reaching my major weight goal just 20 pounds away.

Things are looking good Mark. Well done.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

Hey Mark,

I'd like 100 of those lbs. if you don't mind. Maybe make a trade?

Keep it up.

Hobbit-san
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Don't forget...you have all of us pulling for you.
    Yeah buddy, I definitely know the WBB family is here for me. We're here for everyone. This has to be the absolutely best place for inspiration and help regarding this lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by SCmmaFAN View Post
    It sounds like you're getting it figured out! I'm definitely pulling for the both of you.

It's easy to get caught up on the big goal and nothing else. After all, it's usually what motivates us to actually start up a routine, program, diet, etc. Then it's easy to lose focus because it's far enough away from where we are at now. I know I would have quit early on if I was constantly thinking about where I'll be in a year rather than focused on my weekly weigh-ins, monthly weight goals and getting my lifts to go up this month. Yes, I thought about where I wanted to be in a year but the main focus was generally no further than a month ahead and it still is that way, although I'm starting to really think about reaching my major weight goal just 20 pounds away.
    See, I've got to wrap my head around this sort of stuff. I've got to start thinking the right now, and a month from now, and not the long term. I know the long term goal exists and has to exist, however it's gotta take a backseat to this game while the short term goals get lined up and knocked down one by one. I'm going to try my hardest to take this approach, and to see my way through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiff View Post
    Things are looking good Mark. Well done.
    Thanks Kiff, you're making some good progress too brother, keep at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Focused70 View Post
    Hey Mark,

I'd like 100 of those lbs. if you don't mind. Maybe make a trade?

Keep it up.

Hobbit-san
    I would most certainly absolutely love to set up this trade, haha. I'm really just ready to lose this and get it over with. Losing it, forgetting about it, and just getting on with it.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Did some good yard work today, and that's it. My session at metroflex was put on hold this week. My mothers cremains are ready to be placed in the ground, so I figured I needed time to be with my family tomorrow as we do this. I will still get my routine via email, and knock it out just as intense in the garage, working just as hard.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

You seem very dedicated Mark.........no stopping people like you!

Make sure you enjoy the fact that your a hard worker........"never meet a man worth his salt who didnt enjoy the grind" V Lombardi
    Squat briefs only 625 @ 210
    Bench geared 525 @ 210
    Deadlift geared 650 @ 220

Captains of Crush #3

Building Mighty Mitts...

Quote Originally Posted by NickAus View Post
    You seem very dedicated Mark.........no stopping people like you!

Make sure you enjoy the fact that your a hard worker........"never meet a man worth his salt who didnt enjoy the grind" V Lombardi
    Thanks Nick, I just wish I was dedicated for longer periods of time and didn't go from all out balls to the wall to eating whatever and not lifting/etc. And I do like that quote from Vince.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Had a hell of a workout tonight, felt fantastic.

Bench Press
    195 x 3
    205 x 3
    215 x 3
    225 x 2

Speed Bench
    185 x 4 x 6 touch and go, one minute between sets

Decline Bench
    205 x 5 x 2

Bent Over Rows w/Reversed Grip
    95 x 12 x 5

Dicks Press
    95 x 12 x 4

I's, Y's, T's
    10's x 10 x 3 Last set was supersetted with 8's x 4 and 6's x 4

Spread Eagle Sit Ups
    10 x 2
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Nice one Mark. Keep up that consistancy.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Good stuff Mark! At a certain point this stuff becomes a lifestyle. You feel like something is missing without the training.

Thanks guys, I appreciate ya'll checking in. John I know what you mean, right now I feel like going and doing some deadlift work.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

That is nice Mark, way to go at it.

Thanks Coke.

Quick DL session

Conventional Pulls
    135 x 5
    225 x 3
    315 x 2
    405 x 1
    455 x 1
    485 x 1
    505 x 1

Shut it down after that. I was still tired and sore from benching the other day. At 505 my stomach cramped up a bit, decided they were probably still sore from the bench set and the ab work I did then.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

500 lb deadlift...bastard!
    I wish I could do that
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Huge Pull!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

Thanks guys. Update though. My previous PR for DL was 495, 505 didn't get locked out. So, last night, pulling 505 was a new PR. Horray for delayed PR celebration!!!! I kept thinking about it, and finally went back and looked at my log and saw my previous PR of 495 was a 505 attempt that went .99999999 of the way up. So, that's exciting.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Great job on the deadlifting. You must be built for it, so enjoy the big numbers from it.

You are beastin' dude.

Garage Lifter
    nice bench session and great session with the DL as well
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988