The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 46 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 2751

Thread: Well Hell...

Quote Originally Posted by SCmmaFAN View Post
    Solid lower body workout. Very nice squatting and busting out the PR's! Also, how did you like the sumos?
    Thanks SC. Sumos were fine, different, a little uncomfortable at first but after going up in weight they felt pretty good. Just gonna take some time getting used to them. Will use them as an accessory for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by StLRPh View Post
    are you squatting to a box of rat poison That's HARDCORE!
    I wish it was, just for the hardcore factor, lol. It's actually a model rocket box that my boys and I built last summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Focused70 View Post
    is in order.

Great job btw.
    Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by john o View Post
    Numbers are very good Mark!
    Thanks John. Liking the progress I'm seeing weight wise on the bar and the scale.

Quote Originally Posted by RvNijnatten View Post
    Congrats on all the PR's lately. Progress is looking very well.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    You have made some good improvement from your last squat video. Doing great with it.
    Thanks OR. Minor adjustments here and there, but I've recently discovered the benefit of recording lifts to see weak points, it's a huge help.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Metroflex Session!!!!!! Some big boys working out today, make me feel small. One guy doing STRICT bent over rows with 315 and deadlifting 645 for reps, beastly.

Bench
    Bar x some
    135 x 5
    185 x 5
    205 x 3
    225 x 3 Rep PR, could have gone 2 or 3 more for sure.

185 x 8 sets x 4 reps Each set felt good and smooth. Touch and go.

Rows on Incline Bench
    30lb dumbbell/arm x 4 sets x 12 reps

Decline Bench
    215 x 2 sets x 5 reps

Dicks Press
    105 x 4 sets x 12 reps Last set was a doozy.
    115 x 5 Easy

I's, T's, Y's
    15lb dumbbell/arm x 3 sets x 8 reps

Overall was a solid workout. I didn't miss any reps today, felt pumped and strong for a change on the bench. 225 was easy. I'm loving this bench style, touching lower on my chest and pushing straight up. I always knew the closest distance between 2 points was a straight line, just never applied it to benching, haha.

So, after some thought, I'm planning on my first meet in August. It will be a Bench and Deadlift meet. I want to get down to around 300lbs bodyweight and be able to bench at least my body weight by that time. It's gonna be rough but that's what I'm aiming for. With the progress I've been making on the bench, I'm confident in a 260lb max right now and progress has been smooth since I've never worked upper body or focused on bench. I'm gonna enjoy these gains while I can. I'm not sure what I want to pull DL wise. 525 by august would be nice but my progress there is slower due to me training DL for a good while. Just have to see what we can do, that's all.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Garage Lifter
    It's very cool that you're stepping up to the platform. Good luck!
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

You will NAIL 525 Mark......maybe 545?

Nice bench PR!!
    Squat briefs only 625 @ 210
    Bench geared 525 @ 210
    Deadlift geared 650 @ 220

Captains of Crush #3

Building Mighty Mitts...

It's very cool that you're stepping up to the platform. Good luck!
    Hell yeah man, figured what the hell. The meet is more of just a get together type gig, not as competitive as others but still has some big lifters. It'll be Metroflex Mid Cities meet in August. I'm psyched about it, gotta get the diet in 110% check and continue with the weight loss and everything will fall in place.

Quote Originally Posted by NickAus View Post
    You will NAIL 525 Mark......maybe 545?

Nice bench PR!!
    If I'm comfortable with 525, I'll it that 2nd lift and go for 545 as a 3rd, who knows, I may be comfortable with 545, would be bad ass by then. Hell if I pull like you do, 90 times a week, it'll be a breeze. I do love to pull though, it's my 2nd favorite lift, right behind bench and only behind bench because I've got to force it to be my favorite so I do it more and with a good attitude, haha.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Good luck on your meet mate your looking really strong for it!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

thanks Kiff...I'm just hoping to get my lifts that I've got planned for the first meet. It's gonna be a blast.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Well, I certainly had the worst workout today that I believe I've ever had. I may have screwed things up with the wife, for good. I didn't cheat or anything, I just run my stupid pathetic mouth far too often. Just have to wait and see I guess...sucks. Couldn't focus on a damn thing out there, almost walked out several times, but figured what good would that fuckin do.

Squats
    135 x 5
    225 x 3
    285 x 3
    315 x 3
    345 x 3

295 x 5 x 5

Pause at the bottom
    245 x 5 reps x 3 sets

Clam Shells with monster minis
    3 sets x 12 reps each leg

1 legged bridge
    3 sets x 12 reps

leg raises
    3 sets x 12 reps

That's all
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

I just occurred to me that I automatically thought of coming here after the workout to post, regardless of my feelings or what's going on. I guess that me getting my workout in was important, and was good that I didn't just walk out. I felt better, just couldn't get my mind right at all. The workout took me about 2 damn hours, I'd find myself thinking about my wife, and our family, and things going on. All the shit I said, and all the shit I haven't held up to, the broken promises and such. I was honest about how I felt, and about how I wanted to not feel this way anymore with her, and wanted to fix things, but I guess hearing that your husband has been miserable and feels alone all the time was hard to hear. Sometimes, I wish I had a heart, and could filter the shit I say.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Sounds crappy mate, sorry to hear it, WBB forums are a great vent for all sorts of crap!

I am sure she will understand, maybe the reason you feel you blurt your mouth too often is you never finish or fully say what your feeling, get it all out in one and move on...
    GL mate!

A Westside journal.

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

Banned
    good luck with the woman man. i am not a communicator but i hope things pan out in your best interests

weights look great even despite being distracted!

Garage Lifter
    sorry to hear about those things but sometimes you have to just talk and say what you're really feeling, I wish you to best with everything. BTW, I've been there and it can get better.
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by Kiff View Post
    Sounds crappy mate, sorry to hear it, WBB forums are a great vent for all sorts of crap!

I am sure she will understand, maybe the reason you feel you blurt your mouth too often is you never finish or fully say what your feeling, get it all out in one and move on...
    GL mate!
    Thanks Kiff. It's been a rough while now, I rarely say what I need to, or how I'm feeling and keep it all bottled up. I'm the worst when it comes to communicating. But, it's time to just get better.

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    good luck with the woman man. i am not a communicator but i hope things pan out in your best interests

weights look great even despite being distracted!
    Thanks man.

sorry to hear about those things but sometimes you have to just talk and say what you're really feeling, I wish you to best with everything. BTW, I've been there and it can get better.
    Thanks bro. It's really hard for me to talk and express what I'm feeling usually, but it's a necessity.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Feeling a bit down about the diet right now, I'm not seeing results. The first week was great, lost 10lbs, now I can't get the scale to budge. I guess it's better than gaining, but I've been sitting at 360 for about a week now. Spoke with Josh, he's gonna make some changes, so hopefully the changes will help out. I'd like to see 308 by August 28th, meet day, 2.6lbs a week. With the way I lose weight, that's totally possible, just gotta get the weight moving again. Gonna step up the cardio each week. Gonna shoot for 2 hours of cardio a week, which will include walking/jogging, tire flips and conditioning.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Sorry to hear about your relationship troubles. I hope you can get things fixed/resolved/situated to your satisfaction.

As for your diet, I assume that you have enough dieting experience to know what to expect. If Josh wants to change some things then that's cool but I wouldn't worry about one week. Your body may just need some time to adjust to the initial weight loss.

Quote Originally Posted by SCmmaFAN View Post
    Sorry to hear about your relationship troubles. I hope you can get things fixed/resolved/situated to your satisfaction.

As for your diet, I assume that you have enough dieting experience to know what to expect. If Josh wants to change some things then that's cool but I wouldn't worry about one week. Your body may just need some time to adjust to the initial weight loss.
    Thanks man. Things are going well today, and hopefully we can get on the same level and communicate more frequently, and more efficiently together to get our needs across.

Yeah I know my body probably needs some time to just adjust and see what's up and all, just frustrating.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Holy shit..CARDIO!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! sort of...

20 mins incline treadmill alternate slow jog/fast walk

Front Bends
    BW x 10 x 2 sets

Dumbbell Presses (cuz I felt like it on an off day)
    60's, 70's, 80's, 90's x 6 The 90's were a rep PR.
    100's x 3 Weight and Rep PR +15lbs

One arm dumbbell standing presses
    65's x 5/arm

Triceps extensions
    80lbs x 10 x 2 sets

Was a nice workout, made me feel good just getting a small PR like that. Te wife did cardio while on her lunch break at work with my in the gym at work. It felt good just working out together, carrying a conversation. I think things are lookin up.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Banned
    am crew and sunday do not mix

strong pressing!

Thanks man, I'm trying not to freak about the weight stall. I'm removing all supps from the intake, concrete will go and at large monohydrate creatine will come back in as I've had luck on a cut with it, and the dmaa's are gonna go for now, until I can rest assured they are not at fault for the stall. Gonna start back up on ECA stack likely tomorrow as well, it worked in the past. Dialing things in to a T, removing all and starting with just whole foods, and adding slowly to be sure a continued loss happens. The more I think about August, the more I get excited. It's months away, but hopefully it'll be the first of many meets. I'm not even going to put up impressive numbers, going for 300+ bench and 525+ deadlift, but I'm stoked about it. And for some reason, I was gazing at Inzer bench shirts. I could swipe one from house of pain for $40.00. I may dabble after benching 300 raw, just for shits and giggles.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Garage Lifter
    slow and steady bud, keep at it and you'll be fine

Nice work mate, the weight loss will come, keep at it.

A Westside journal.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it a lot. I've stripped everything out of the diet supp wise, added ECA back in, because I know it works. I feel a good weigh in coming up, a new low. Gotta stay consistent with diet and eca stack.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Banned
    good call. 1,3D is not thermo.. amazing stimulant.. but EC is superior for dieting. i

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    good call. 1,3D is not thermo.. amazing stimulant.. but EC is superior for dieting. i
    Yeah I absolutely loved the stimulant effect, but not in my plans right now. I got enough of the stuff to last a long time, so it'll have its place in my diet again I'm sure.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Hell yeah man, figured what the hell. The meet is more of just a get together type gig, not as competitive as others but still has some big lifters. It'll be Metroflex Mid Cities meet in August. I'm psyched about it, gotta get the diet in 110% check and continue with the weight loss and everything will fall in place.

If I'm comfortable with 525, I'll it that 2nd lift and go for 545 as a 3rd, who knows, I may be comfortable with 545, would be bad ass by then. Hell if I pull like you do, 90 times a week, it'll be a breeze. I do love to pull though, it's my 2nd favorite lift, right behind bench and only behind bench because I've got to force it to be my favorite so I do it more and with a good attitude, haha.
    That is fantastic I really like your attitude!!
    Squat briefs only 625 @ 210
    Bench geared 525 @ 210
    Deadlift geared 650 @ 220

Captains of Crush #3

Building Mighty Mitts...