Page 4 of 111 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Hell...

Sounds like you're getting some great coaching mark. Very pleasing to watch you progress like this. I'm glad you're accepting of the mentality of slow gradual process and setting goals 6+ months down the road also. That's huge. And lol @ all those eggs.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Thanks man! I'm so excited about my journey and all I've got to do. It's a lot of work don't get me wrong...people at work ordering pizza, Texas Road House, all kinds of stuff, I just sit there with my meals I brought from home and eat. I've seen some of the girls in dispatch lose a lot of weight, then turn around and put it right back on...it's crazy and all I hear from them is "I'm getting so fat!!!" I want to tell them "stop eating all that damn junk food and actually work out sometime?" But, I probably shouldn't do that eh? All those eggs is right! I got 3 boys and a wife that love eggs, plus all the eggs I gotta eat every morning. I need a chicken farm.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Texas Road House? BBQ place? Order up a big plate of brisket and show it who's boss.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Texas Road House? BBQ place? Order up a big plate of brisket and show it who's boss.
    I will, let me tell you, I really really will in due time. I'm sticking to everything my trainer has me on for right now. I don't want to fall off because of one decision I made. It may sound crazy or stupid, but as long as what he's telling me is working like it is, I'm not even considering doing anything else for a while brother.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Todays workout felt good. Decided to focus on some DL's for a bit then move in to some core stuff. Had a blast.

Deal Lift with new and improved form-215x5x5-These felt great! Form felt great, pushed off the floor and exploded to the top, threw hips forward and locked it each rep. Felt really good. Light weight.

Deficit DL's- All I had was 2 45's stacked. About 4 inches- 185x3x5--light weight again. Felt great too.

Cable Crunches at 75.5lbs-5x20 Was burning after these!!

Leg Extensions-2x8 @ 305lbs, 2x8 @205lbs--I screwed the pooch on this one. I locked the pin in place, but was under the impression 205 was the heaviest weight...nope...that's on the leg curl...so after 2 sets I was hurting! I checked it then thought to myself...*****!!! 205 felt light for a while after that! HAHA

Leg Curls- 4x8 @ 145.5

Wanted to do some HIIT after weights but yeah...I ended up not making it in time.

Diet Strict today--
    6 eggs scrambled 2 pcs turkey bacon
    8oz salmon and 4 oz broccoli
    8 oz chicken and 4 oz broccoli
    6 oz lean ground meat and 4 oz broccoli
    4 oz lean ground meat

Helluva lot of H2O!
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Cardio Day Yippee!!!!!!!!

Dreadmill HIIT-30 walk/30 run for 6 cycles. This was taxing to day since I didn't even want to get out of bed.
    Barbell Rows 135lbs 3x6
    Power Cleans 135lbs 2x4-first time really doing these, they felt really good.

Done for the day, I'm tired.
    Last edited by Mark!; 03-15-2010 at 12:22 AM.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

There was one other person in the gym with me, walking around not doing much of anything but playing air drums while listening to his mp3 player. I wanted so bad to ask him if he was going to do anything but walk around and stare at the TV's. I know I shouldn't give a **** about what anyone else is doing but I see them do a few sets on the ab machine, maybe some 15lb dumbell curls and that's it. It's my fuel. I watch them not getting bigger, not getting any stronger, just going through the motions while I'm pouring sweat trying to bust my ass every day in the gym. I don't understand half of it. I don't want to. I want to just seclude myself in my own little animal world and make the progress I know I'm destined to make as long as I keep this up. I did stop and talk to a bro who was going through some deep stuff for a few minutes. Isn't that the game though? Help a brother out when he's down or going through hell? Oh well, I'm just ranting at others habits I guess. /rant
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

That's why I lift in my garage
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    That's why I lift in my garage
    +1

I used to lift at my high school and college gyms years ago. I used to get so mad because I'd be there to lift while a lot of folks would be there to socialize. I didn't care so much that they were there to socialize but they would hold up equipment while socializing/sets that it would slow everybody down who was there to really lift. I didn't even consider joining a gym when I decided to get serious this time around.

Well, basically I had a large post but it didn't go through, I aint typing it all again. Long story short...I ask the guys taking up a machine if they're going to sit there all night, they usually move. Now when I'm there they don't talk or sit around near as much. They've said I've helped them realize what the gym is for. I'm looking forward to this week, 2 solid days at Metroflex, hell yeah! Probably a heavy squat day Tuesday and Bench day Thursday. No workout today. Gotta rest. I haven't been resting at all lately. Time to do that better.

I had this typed up but it wouldn't let me post earlier, saved it, we'll see if it lets me this time.

Update--I ended up doing some cardio today. Walked on the dreadmill for 30 minutes, incline not less than 3.5, speed no less then 3.0 no greater then 4.0.

Tuesday I'm set for my session at Metroflex with my coach. After that, Wednesday the wife and I are going to the Museum of Natural History, and the Imax. I'm pretty excited about this. My wife loves going to places like this, I'm having to practically force her to do something she enjoys for herself. Will be fun. Thursday I'mm be flying solo at Metroflex for my work out there. Today I felt really awesome. I'm excited about Tuesday night. Good stuff.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Kick some butt at metroflex and enjoy the museum and movie. Sounds like a fun time.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

3/16/2010-Metroflex Workout
    Warm Up-Bike,Calf Raises, Stretching

Squats
    135x6 Warm Up Set
    225x5x5
    225x3x5 with pause at the bottom for 2 counts then explode out of the hole. (These hurt but were great)

Deadlifts
    135x5 Warm up set
    225x5x5 Touch and Go
    315x1x5 Touch and Go
    365x1x2 Touch and Go-No problem at all.
    225x6x3 Touch and Go for 3 reps then 30 second rest in between sets.

Kettle bell (My first kettle ball experience, and a good one too)
    Kettle bell swings
    45x6x3 Same setup as Deadlifts. 3 reps, rest for 30 seconds for 6 sets. These things hurt so bad but so good at the same time.

Went over some maintenance workouts to do with dumbells.
    Zottman Curls
    Front Raises
    French Presses
    Chest Flies

I'd done all of these except Zottman Curls, I'm excited to work these in.

Weight last week fully clothed-351
    Weight this week fully clothed-344

Weight this morning naked-336.6

After I got home from working out I ate some steak and broccoli, good stuff. Went and played some basketball with the wife, fun stuff. Ran by the store and picked up some country style ribs, green beans, smoked salmon and cheese. Last night had the ribs, green beans and a little cheese, good stuff.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

I was supposed to go to Metroflex Thursday but I was still horribly sore from squatting Tuesday night. I ended up doing some cardio at the house, and mowing the yard. Took ETS Friday night after finding my bottle, and feel about 75% better than before, still sore but not bad.

I did my bench workout tonight here at work.
    Bench Press-Pause at bottom- 135x10x4 I had to rack the weight on the 8th rep of the 3rd set, and the 7th rep of the 4th set, I hit all reps after the re-rack.
    Wide Grip Bench Press-120x6x2
    Close Grip Bench-120x6x2
    Dumbbell Flys-20x10x4
    Three Way Delt Raise-15x10x3
    Hammer Curls-20x10x3
    Iso Prone Abs-30 seconds, 3 times

Cardio probably on my lunch tonight. Incline Walking, yay.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Got in some cardio on my lunch break. 30 minutes sustained intensity bike. 30 minutes 7 miles. Felt good.

I had my carb day yesterday, LOVED it! I weighed this morning, 339 lol. Let's see if I can drop another 10 pounds this cycle.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

SKWAT MOAR!!!!!! It's my end goal..so yeah today was squat day, and I loved it.

-SQUAT-
    195x5x5
    215x5x1
    305x2x1
    192x5x1
    135x5x1

-LEG CURLS-
    85x8x2

-LAT PULL DOWN-
    105x10x4

-NARROW REVERSE GRIP LAT PULLDOWNS-
    92.5X8X3

-PLANKS-
    30 seconds x 3 w/ 30 seconds rest in between. (I hate planks btw, bastards)
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

-CARDIO TODAY-

35 MINUTES 4.0 INCLINE 3.2 SPEED

Dumbbell presses right after cardio as quick as possible:
    60lbsx10
    40lbsx10
    20lbsx20

May go walk again on my lunch for another 30 minutes tonight.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Nice job on the squats Mark. The practice is paying off.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Awesome squats mark, stellar progression.

QUOTE=Mark!;2310708]

May go walk again on my lunch for another 30 minutes tonight.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what the weathers like down there in texas, I hope it's a nice as it has been up here lately (about 72 today) makes for perfect cool morning and evening to get out there for those walks we do. Outdoor cardio > treadmill anyday. Hope yours went well this evening.

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

Thanks gentlemen.

Behemoth, it's been cold here in TX, not too cold here, a little chilly. Last night we had a good little snow storm that dropped about 7 inches on us. I'm at work so I usually just hit the dreadmill while I'm here. On my weekends, Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday I get outside with the wife and kids and do some outdoor cardio work with them. We're buying a basketball goal Wednesday, so that'll just add to the good ol cardio at home routine. I'll have to come up with a circuit, something like 25 baskets, 2 minute round heavy bag, jump rope, ab roller circuit, actually sounds like a good idea for my days away from the iron.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

20 minutes cardio
    15 mins dreadmill 5.0/3.2
    5 mins bike

Been messing around with dumbbells lately, I've been avoiding them until here lately.
    Dumbbell press from standing, single arm at a time, dumbbell starting from the shoulder then pressing.
    80x2 right arm
    80x2 left arm
    70x2 right arm
    70x2 left arm

Here lately I've also been experimenting with some breathing exercises, working on breathing more from the belly instead of my chest, causing unecessary movement and such. We'll see if it improves anything running wise, it should at least improve my breathing.
    Last edited by Mark!; 03-22-2010 at 03:42 AM.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Heavy oh pressin for sure

Thai Boxing Bodybuilder The Gasman UK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Damn right. Good going.
    The Gasmans' journey to the single digits - http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131623

Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Well, basically I had a large post but it didn't go through, I aint typing it all again. Long story short...I ask the guys taking up a machine if they're going to sit there all night, they usually move. Now when I'm there they don't talk or sit around near as much. They've said I've helped them realize what the gym is for. I'm looking forward to this week, 2 solid days at Metroflex, hell yeah! Probably a heavy squat day Tuesday and Bench day Thursday. No workout today. Gotta rest. I haven't been resting at all lately. Time to do that better.
    I hate this. I was a member of the NJSC a few years back and never in my life had I seen a group of individuals come all dressed up to the gym. They'd take up all of the machines and spend 90% of their time talking about nothing or trying to impress the women that were present. It also drives me nuts when people carry around their cell phones... who do you need to talk to while your working out... Answer: NO ONE!
    Last edited by Commute; 03-22-2010 at 08:59 AM.
    GOALS:
    Current Weight 242 4/16/10
    Bench - 275 current / 315 Goal
    Squat - 225 / 285* Goal
    Deadlift - 325 current / 365* Goal
    *Note: Herniated L5/S1 disk since 2001, almost bone on bone.
    ***Journal***

Banned
    strong stuff in here mark, keep it up

also, that ***** with people chatting on the phone while taking up equipment drives me crazy. thats why I am up at 5am to claim all of my equipment for the day all at once. MINE

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Thanks Rory, something new that I've never put much attention towards until I saw some thick guys doing them at Metro, fun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gasman UK View Post
    Damn right. Good going.
    Appreciate it Gasman

Quote Originally Posted by Commute View Post
    I hate this. I was a member of the NJSC a few years back and never in my life had I seen a group of individuals come all dressed up to the gym. They'd take up all of the machines and spend 90% of their time talking about nothing or trying to impress the women that were present. It also drives me nuts when people carry around their cell phones... who do you need to talk to while your working out... Answer: NO ONE!
    The only reason I ever have my cell out, is because it's also my MP3 player when I'm working out at work. It usually keeps me centered and my mind on what's at hand. When I worked out at 24/hr fitness, I got tired of all the guys hitting on the women non stop, some of it was borderline douche bag. I felt sorry for some of those women, even if they showed up to work out, they got bombarded by jerks. Main target area? Steam room/pool. GAH!

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    strong stuff in here mark, keep it up

also, that ***** with people chatting on the phone while taking up equipment drives me crazy. thats why I am up at 5am to claim all of my equipment for the day all at once. MINE
    Thanks Tim, I'm gonna keep at it until I'm physically not able to, ha. At work there's a window where one watch comes on, and the other watch has an hour before they get off, then my shift starts 2 hours later. So I try to get there because it's too early for some guys and too late for the others to go to lunch, usually an empty gym unless a jailer or someone is in there working out. We have SWAT tryouts in like two weeks so it's been a little more populated with guys that are testing, that'll be over soon, once they feel like that don't have anything to work for, they'll all gain 40 pounds again, happens every year, sadly.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May