Page 60 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2751

Thread: Well Hell...

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    great job with the weigh in bro. the loss gets so addictive

i see youre rocking the AM crew even on sunday. ugh :P
    Ha, gotta do what ya gotta do.

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    I don't know how you guys do your AM workouts. I have to drink coffee for an hour just to get motivated enough to take a dump.
    It's really like a late night workout for me, since I work 4p-2a, it's like getting off work at 5pm for a normal person and going to the gym, that or I'd have to wake up at 1pm to get a workout in, and would be a true AM crew style.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hopper View Post
    I've done a few 5am sessions and those are rough, lol. But my body has really adapted to training around 9:30-10:00.
    I can't wake up and workout, I stumble around enough just to make sure I have everything for work.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

LuNa
    Congrats on the loss Mark, new lows are always great. Good job on your wife as well with her weigh in.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNa View Post
    Congrats on the loss Mark, new lows are always great. Good job on your wife as well with her weigh in.
    Thanks Luna!
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Weight in this AM-344.6 Was pretty surprised at this weigh in. After workouts my weight usually goes up, then will fall back down the next day. Was happy to see this, goal met for this cycle, so anything else until Thursday is extra. 343 would be cool to see before Thursday.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

TJW
    Great work lately Mark! Congrats on the weight loss too.

Like what you are doing and the approach you've been taking to make it happen.

Would be super seeing you at the 325 mark and holding steady with that, you are built similar to a powerlifting guy I know and that is about where he's at. Again, major props man - moving in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorman2k6 View Post
    Great work lately Mark! Congrats on the weight loss too.
    Thanks man, really excited about it. Weights been slowing down recently but it's jumped these past few days, which is alright. Don't wanna keep this quick pace though, need to make sure we do this nice and slow.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Like what you are doing and the approach you've been taking to make it happen.

Would be super seeing you at the 325 mark and holding steady with that, you are built similar to a powerlifting guy I know and that is about where he's at. Again, major props man - moving in the right direction.
    If I was a strong 325, I wouldn't mind it, but I think at 325 I'll just be too big. Maybe after dieting down in to the 270's or so and doing a solid bulk up a few times I'd be happy around 300 and STRONG. Thanks for stopping by boss.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

I like the way things are going for you Mark!

You are doing dam well and your attitude is just great..........pleased I started following this log!!
    Squat briefs only 625 @ 210
    Bench geared 525 @ 210
    Deadlift geared 650 @ 220

Captains of Crush #3

Building Mighty Mitts...

Lots of dedication in this journal!
    Add me on Facebook: Gaz Pengelly

Best Lifts: | Goals:
    SQ167.5(368.5) | 180(396)
    BE112.5(247.5) | 120(265)
    DL205(451) | 220(484)

www.garethkpengelly.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by john o View Post
    I like the way things are going for you Mark!
    Thanks John, gotta get my bench back up after the mild set back with the pec 3 weeks ago, just gotta find that groove again and trust myself. Sucks but that's the way it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by NickAus View Post
    You are doing dam well and your attitude is just great..........pleased I started following this log!!
    Thanks Nick, I'm glad we started following each other on here as well. Definitely look up to your pull speed and power, and the advice you've given has helped me a lot on deads.

Quote Originally Posted by GazzyG View Post
    Lots of dedication in this journal!
    Thanks a ton Gazzy!
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

I got home last night and felt like crap, no plans for a workout, so that wasn't a problem or anything, just wished I felt better last night. I have deadlifts tonight, hopefully will have a good workout, and afterwards I've got some house cleaning and making up to the misses to do. Had a pretty shitty morning, lots to ponder and think about but I think it's on the rebound, really don't know at this moment. Both her and myself did have good weigh ins this AM.

Me:342.4
    Her:171.2

I'm sure the diet's dialed in and is helping a ton right now as opposed to last cycle when I didn't make any changes. Cutting down calories each day a bit after the first week is working well. First week after refeed I'm still feeling good, workouts are great and all is well. The 2nd week I'm cutting out calories bit by bit until the refeed, however next cycle on bench day I'm going to eat a bit more throughout the day. Feeling good mentally here, I'm finally at the point that if I gain any weight throughout the week, I will adjust the diet accordingly, instead of getting down and wanting to just change diets. It's all about managing the diet, and making slight modifications to the diet instead of just bailing on it. Took me about 3 years to get where I'm at now, haha.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Banned
    keep persevering. youre on the right track!

you really could crash diet down 100lbs in prob 9 months. would you lose some muscle? probably a little.. honestly, you could prob maintain most if not all until you approach the high teens in terms of BF%. i know your goal isnt to get shredde but just maintain a lower bw and build strength, yes? but its an option!

you really could crash diet down 100lbs in prob 9 months. would you lose some muscle? probably a little.. honestly, you could prob maintain most if not all until you approach the high teens in terms of BF%. i know your goal isnt to get shredde but just maintain a lower bw and build strength, yes? but its an option!
    That's actually how I lost most of my weight. 275 to ~210 in right around 5 months. All I did the first 2 months was cut junk food, then went 0 carb with a cheat / refeed once every 10 days. I really didn't lose much strength which shocked me quite a bit. However, a lot of people in my family thought I was seriously deathly ill lol...

Anyways, as f=ma said, keep going mark. You're making good progress!

Banned
    aye. i did the same thing kibs from 230 to 185 over like 4 months. i have an excel sheet by day of the loss.. worked out to about 12lbs per month. strength was pretty decent until i started to get to the low teens and then things started tanking.

Ha, I'd love to see high teens in bf%. That'd make me really happy. I did lyle mcdonalds bf calculator, the one that he said was the most accurate, and it put me at 28%. I wanna get measured soon just to see. I told my wife I'd wait and see how I looked at 260-275 and go from there. If I've got some definition, I may hold, if not, I'm gonna keep going. It may be fun to diet down as far as I can and see what I look like. Last time I did carb cycling, I had a lot of luck with keeping strength, and even gaining some due to form and more mobility due to less fat in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by KIBBLES N BITS View Post
    That's actually how I lost most of my weight. 275 to ~210 in right around 5 months. All I did the first 2 months was cut junk food, then went 0 carb with a cheat / refeed once every 10 days. I really didn't lose much strength which shocked me quite a bit. However, a lot of people in my family thought I was seriously deathly ill lol...

Anyways, as f=ma said, keep going mark. You're making good progress!
    Haha, I remember SCmmaFan saying people at work were asking if he was sick or had cancer when he was losing weight quickly. I'd take it as a compliment, or milk it for all it's worth and say yes, gimme money.

thanks for stopping by guys.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Some GREAT weight loss tales here............good stuff fellas!!
    Squat briefs only 625 @ 210
    Bench geared 525 @ 210
    Deadlift geared 650 @ 220

Captains of Crush #3

Building Mighty Mitts...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    ...snip...

Haha, I remember SCmmaFan saying people at work were asking if he was sick or had cancer when he was losing weight quickly. I'd take it as a compliment, or milk it for all it's worth and say yes, gimme money.

...snip...
    Excellent job on hitting the weight goal for this cycle. You are definitely on the right track.

I wish I would have thought about taking up a collection for my "illness". I got to admit that those comments have stopped now. These days people are telling me stuff like to stop dieting, I'm withering away to nothing and I'm going to blow away. I can't believe these comments because I'm still over 230, have a gut and probably can wear 36" pants.

House Lannister
    You liked Animal Cuts huh? You use any of their other stuff?

I really like Animal's marketing. However, I think it's just that....marketing.

You will be in the high 200s in no time.

Keep going Mark...
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    I'd take it as a compliment, or milk it for all it's worth and say yes, gimme money.

LOL!

Good job Mark, it would be great seeing you get in the 200's.

Quote Originally Posted by NickAus View Post
    Some GREAT weight loss tales here............good stuff fellas!!
    Definitely some motivation on this page!

Quote Originally Posted by SCmmaFAN View Post
    Excellent job on hitting the weight goal for this cycle. You are definitely on the right track.

I wish I would have thought about taking up a collection for my "illness". I got to admit that those comments have stopped now. These days people are telling me stuff like to stop dieting, I'm withering away to nothing and I'm going to blow away. I can't believe these comments because I'm still over 230, have a gut and probably can wear 36" pants.
    Haha, I'm glad I hit my mark this time, we'll continue the progress and hit each mark as we go, feels good.

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    You liked Animal Cuts huh? You use any of their other stuff?

I really like Animal's marketing. However, I think it's just that....marketing.

You will be in the high 200s in no time.
    Thanks man. I've only taken Animal cuts, flex, and PM. I like all 3 of them. Flex I can't tell any difference really until I don't take it, then I just don't feel as "loose". However for cost purposes, I've gone back to straight Fish Oils, as I've had tons of success with just them. Cuts strips water off like mad, and helps with energy, I only take it when I'm not taking ECA though, because it's not as good. And PM is really really nice. It's a great sleep and recovery aid I stumbled upon when I won it in a contest on the Animal forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Keep going Mark...
    Oh yeah, not gonna stop.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNa View Post
    LOL!

Good job Mark, it would be great seeing you get in the 200's.
    Still got a GOOD ways to go, but we'll see them come 2012 that's for sure. Not rushing it this time.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Deads tonight, and boy I felt it. Kind of a lame, boring, slow, melancholy workout tonight. Don't know what was up really, just didn't have any intensity at all. Got all reps in, guess that's all that matters.

Deads
    Warm ups
    135 x 10
    225 x 5
    315 x 4

Work
    395 x 2
    455 x 2 x 2 sets

Speed Deads 1 minute between sets
    375 x 3 x 5 sets

Block Pulls off 7 inch blocks
    415 x 1, 465 x 1, 505 x 1 x 2

Shrugs
    225 x 20 x 5 sets

Bent Over Rows
    225 x 5 x 5 sets

Complex-Squats, good mornings, deadlifts, rows, kettlebell swings 75lbs on barbell, 35lb kettlebell
    All 10 reps, completed twice, 1 minute rest in between.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Good job overall, including the complexes at the end.

Whats up Mark. Came over to check out the log. Great work bro and the weightloss seems to be going great. That was a heck of a pull day too. High volume. Awesome stuff
    Last edited by Brian C; 05-24-2011 at 01:33 PM.
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Currenty ranked #1 198 Multiply
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 875/585/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/425/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes