Page 8 of 111 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 2751

Thread: Well Hell...

  1. #176
    Become Unbreakable Mark!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas Area, TX
    Posts
    3,628
    Today's workout sucked, but oh well.

    Barbell Complex
    Deadlift
    Barbell Rows
    Power Cleans
    Front Squat
    Push Press
    Back Squat
    Good Mornings
    I did 3 sets, 6 reps, 105lbs. Intensity today was that of a new born. I felt slow, sluggish, worn out. I got MAYBE 3.5 hours of sleep last night between the stupid kids next door, and my male yorkie trying to eat them through the fence. I was borderline going to the parents and asking them to politely stop beating on our fence right next to our window. Yes, we do sleep during the day since we both work nights, but they were just being crazy with the hammer on the fence, and their parents are always understanding.
    PWO Cardio: 15 Minutes really slow on the bike. That was about all I could muster up. I got a great sweat going, everything felt labored. Was not a good work out, but I'll get some sleep, and have a wonderful squat day tomorrow. Hoorah!
    On a side note, I am feeling quite a bit better now after a long hot shower. I just need some sleep and all will be well. I'm hoping it isn't my carb deficit that's causing me to burn out. I may have to up my refeeds if that's the case, which will slow the weight loss but may be mandatory so that I can at least feel like doing something. Anyone have any suggestions? Is it safe to assume, for the time being, that's it's lack of sleep? I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
    Last edited by Mark!; 04-10-2010 at 08:05 PM.
    "Light Weight"

    260's by May

  2. #177
    Moderator Off Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,884
    Complexes ALWAYS suck
    _________
    ______
    ___

    Off Road Journal

    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  3. #178
    eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    I'm a cali kid
    Posts
    5,299
    I dunno man. There just seems to be so many factors in one's life that could be causing the sluggishness. I wouldn't doubt your low carb intake is one of if not the primary reason, but I mean sometimes I am just feeling depressed about something in particular (maybe not related to training/diet at all) and it greatly contributes to my sluggish nature.

    Anyway, killer complexes! Maybe I'll finish off a lifting session one of these days with some complexes. Never done them before though so I don't really know what lifts to do or how much to use hah.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

    Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

  4. #179
    Become Unbreakable Mark!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas Area, TX
    Posts
    3,628
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes View Post
    I dunno man. There just seems to be so many factors in one's life that could be causing the sluggishness. I wouldn't doubt your low carb intake is one of if not the primary reason, but I mean sometimes I am just feeling depressed about something in particular (maybe not related to training/diet at all) and it greatly contributes to my sluggish nature.

    Anyway, killer complexes! Maybe I'll finish off a lifting session one of these days with some complexes. Never done them before though so I don't really know what lifts to do or how much to use hah.
    Man, I was sitting on the bike, zoning out it was so bad. I feel great now though, so I don't know. I haven't eaten any carbs, I had a mini breakfast today (I know, not good) but all in all...I'm thinking lack of sleep. I'm gonna hit the treadmill for the HIIT in a few minutes, see how things turn out. I'll at least walk for 30 minutes but I'd like to do 10 seconds run 50 seconds walk for at least 10 sets,
    "Light Weight"

    260's by May

  5. #180
    Become Unbreakable Mark!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas Area, TX
    Posts
    3,628
    Oh heck yes! Went back to the gym for some cardio/stretching and boy I'm glad I did. It completely cleared the air and made me feel so much better.
    HIIT 45 second walk 3.0/15 Second Spring 6.0 on 2.0 incline...10 cycles.
    10 minutes sustained at 3.0 MPH at 6.0 Incline.
    Dragon Flags 6x3, very slow on the way down, exploded back up. By mid way 2nd set my "abs" were burning, after 2nd set I sat up on the bench, cramp!!!!! I squeezed out the last set with a constant burning/cramping, love that.

    I was pumped the entire time. I didn't have any problems running, felt really really good.
    "Light Weight"

    260's by May

  6. #181
    Become Unbreakable Mark!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas Area, TX
    Posts
    3,628
    -SKWAT!!-
    Barx10
    135x5
    225xoh ****! I was completely not focused. I did 2 reps and everything just went forward. I was rushing and not paying attention to anything going on, really really sucked. I bailed out from under it, no problem, haha. Lessons learned, don't squat, even if it's 225, unless you're focused.
    225x5x5 -After reassesing my situation, I felt confident in getting back under it, no problemo. Last few reps burned and felt really good throughout, good stuff.
    275x1
    315x1 - Went down, slowly came back up smoothly. It's nice to be able to hit a 300lb squat everytime now.
    135x7

    One Leg DL
    60x10x3 Right Leg
    60x10x3 Left Leg
    I've found my balance is worse with my right leg than my left leg, how odd.

    -LEG CURLS-
    80x8x2
    170x4x2 for ****s and giggles

    -LAT PULL DOWNS-
    110x10x4(+1set) I did these in the wide grip lat pull down hammer strength machine today. Definitely not the same as cable pulls. I ended up hitting another set just to get close to the same burn.

    -NARROW REVERSED LAT PULLS-
    90x10x3

    PWO CARDIO- 10 minutes treadmill speed 3.0 incline 3.0
    "Light Weight"

    260's by May

  7. #182
    Wannabebig Member nfraher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    57
    lookin good man! Keep at it. I cant wait to start my HIIT, this week has been crazy.
    Squat: 295
    Bench: 210
    Deadlift: 335

  8. #183
    WBB Team Captain Coke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Jacob's ladder
    Posts
    35,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    It's nice to be able to hit a 300lb squat everytime now.
    No doubt man, 3pps squats is a milestone!!

  9. #184
    House Lannister
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Today's workout sucked, but oh well.

    Barbell Complex
    Deadlift
    Barbell Rows
    Power Cleans
    Front Squat
    Push Press
    Back Squat
    Good Mornings
    I did 3 sets, 6 reps, 105lbs. Intensity today was that of a new born. I felt slow, sluggish, worn out. I got MAYBE 3.5 hours of sleep last night between the stupid kids next door, and my male yorkie trying to eat them through the fence. I was borderline going to the parents and asking them to politely stop beating on our fence right next to our window. Yes, we do sleep during the day since we both work nights, but they were just being crazy with the hammer on the fence, and their parents are always understanding.
    PWO Cardio: 15 Minutes really slow on the bike. That was about all I could muster up. I got a great sweat going, everything felt labored. Was not a good work out, but I'll get some sleep, and have a wonderful squat day tomorrow. Hoorah!
    On a side note, I am feeling quite a bit better now after a long hot shower. I just need some sleep and all will be well. I'm hoping it isn't my carb deficit that's causing me to burn out. I may have to up my refeeds if that's the case, which will slow the weight loss but may be mandatory so that I can at least feel like doing something. Anyone have any suggestions? Is it safe to assume, for the time being, that's it's lack of sleep? I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
    Was that an off day workout? Damn I used just the bar and 5 pound bumper plates for height and felt exhausted. Not exhausted muscularly but metabolically. That complex is pure hell, but I like it a lot. Usually I do the 6-1 rep method and try to finish under 12 minutes with variable rest periods. I find that it really taxes my lower back too with the good mornings near the end.

  10. #185
    Become Unbreakable Mark!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas Area, TX
    Posts
    3,628
    Quote Originally Posted by nfraher View Post
    lookin good man! Keep at it. I cant wait to start my HIIT, this week has been crazy.
    Thanks man, I don't enjoy HIIT that much, haha but I definitely don't mind the results so it's completely worth it. Hope your week calms down. This week at work has been crazy, we've been so busy with everything, ready for it to be over with. 2 more hours!

    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    No doubt man, 3pps squats is a milestone!!
    Thanks Coke! It really feels good knowing I've progressed strength wise.

    Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    Was that an off day workout? Damn I used just the bar and 5 pound bumper plates for height and felt exhausted. Not exhausted muscularly but metabolically. That complex is pure hell, but I like it a lot. Usually I do the 6-1 rep method and try to finish under 12 minutes with variable rest periods. I find that it really taxes my lower back too with the good mornings near the end.
    Technically...yes haha it was an off day workout. This complex is the one I've been doing here and there but I'm thinking about keeping it for a while and doing it on off days. It wouldn't have been half as bad if I just hadn't of felt so crappy that day during the first work out. The 6-1 method, you talking about 6,5,4,3,2,1 reps? I love doing that for time. I guess that's what I like about complexes, you can change them up and still get a good workout in regardless of reps or movements. Thanks for stopping by bro.
    "Light Weight"

    260's by May

  11. #186
    eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    I'm a cali kid
    Posts
    5,299
    Dang dude 3pps looking nice. Workout overall is looking good.

    The more I see you doing complexes or talking about them the more I want to start doing some! =)
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

    Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

  12. #187
    Become Unbreakable Mark!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas Area, TX
    Posts
    3,628
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes View Post
    Dang dude 3pps looking nice. Workout overall is looking good.

    The more I see you doing complexes or talking about them the more I want to start doing some! =)
    I don't like doing traditional cardio. Was talking with Brian Dobson, owner of Metroflex Arlington, he said he never did cardio when he was competing, he did high rep high intensity work, so I figured if I don't like the treadmill, and I don't go to the park all that often, why not? It's been working for me. I like it a lot because even when doing them, you can hit different bodyparts. On the treadmill it's pretty much legs and not much else, so if I can hit some complexes, get my heart rate just as high, and work other parts of my body, just makes sense to go with that. I think you'd like them, it's about movement, not weight, you'll find that out real quick if you try to go heavy at first. Give them a shot buddy, they're fun.
    "Light Weight"

    260's by May

  13. #188
    eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    I'm a cali kid
    Posts
    5,299
    Yeah I know what you mean. After my experience of seemingly-overtrained legs I will never simply do ONLY sprinting as my conditioning workout. Which lifts, rep/scheme, etc. would you recommend I start with? And if I'm lifting heavy weights M-W-F when would/could I do complexes? If I'm doing them on an off day I'd most likely have to rely on bodyweight exercises if that's acceptable. Or could I do them at the end of a workout, or would I have to replace a whole lifting workout with it?
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

    Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

  14. #189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    very nice complexes and squats bro, keep hacking at it. working out at metroflex must be interesting to say the least

  15. #190
    Become Unbreakable Mark!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas Area, TX
    Posts
    3,628
    I rested Monday, didn't do too awful much.
    AM Weight: 325

    Tuesday Night at Metroflex

    -SQUAT-
    Warm ups
    275x5x2
    230x6x2 Pause at bottom

    -DEADLIFT-
    370x2
    255x3x6 1 minute rest between sets

    -ATLAS STONES-
    180x6x4
    150x6x1-Had to lower weight to get last set in, pissed me off.
    250x0xI don't know how many times. Josh blamed it on my arms and hands being so sweaty, I blamed it on my ability to be a pussy. My forearms were bleeding, not just scratched, bloody, yeah, but damnit I wanted it. I guess eventually we'll get it huh?
    My wife has given me the go ahead, for sometime in the future to put an atlas stone platform in the garage, and to buy a few atlas stone molds to make a couple for home practice. My wife kicks ass! I need some tacky, was told it would make my grip problems non-existent.
    -ONE LEGGED DEADLIFT-
    50x4x3 each leg

    Overall, squats and deadlift felt amazing. Going up in stone size proved ineffective, I got 4 sets done but it hurt like hell, I had to stop at times and later in the sets it took me a few times to lap it. I'm really not happy with my performance on stones tonight, but at least it gives me the chance to kick some ass next week on them. I guess I'm sort of split emotional here. I'm stoked about the weight loss, but bummed about atlas stones.
    Last edited by Mark!; 04-13-2010 at 11:36 PM.
    "Light Weight"

    260's by May

  16. #191
    eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    I'm a cali kid
    Posts
    5,299
    I love that you take those stones so seriously man! (I don't mean that to sound sarcastic, I'm being serious) It's great to see someone so motivated in weight loss, strength, technique/skill, and badassery all at the same time.

    You'll get that stone man! You certainly work hard enough
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

    Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

  17. #192
    Thai Boxing Bodybuilder The Gasman UK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Swindon, UK.
    Posts
    293
    Squats, deads, stones and one legged deads. That's old skool training right there. The best kind.
    The Gasmans' journey to the single digits - http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131623

  18. #193
    Become Unbreakable Mark!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas Area, TX
    Posts
    3,628
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes View Post
    I love that you take those stones so seriously man! (I don't mean that to sound sarcastic, I'm being serious) It's great to see someone so motivated in weight loss, strength, technique/skill, and badassery all at the same time.

    You'll get that stone man! You certainly work hard enough
    I appreciate it man. Sometimes I worry I don't work quite hard enough with things. I didn't want to hit a wall at all on this cycle, I know there will be walls, but just didn't expect one with this. I really wanted things to just fly smoothly, haha. I guess I take them so seriously because it's something I'm doing, and I want to do it really well. I think I may want to compete someday, so I want to be really good at it early with the lower weights so that when I get to the heavier stones, form and function isn't really an issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Gasman UK View Post
    Squats, deads, stones and one legged deads. That's old skool training right there. The best kind.
    Oh yeah man, I love this stuff. It's every day in the gym that something gets accomplished. I feel progress all the time. Heck before I started 275x5x2? Are you serious? I had a hard enough time with 275x2 before. That in itself is huge progress to me. I love it.

    Refeed starts today, exciting stuff. Forgot to mention, I went to the guys over at House of Pain Monday evening and I have to say those guys rock! I bought another pair of inzer z wrist wraps. If you guys get a chance to deal with them, definitely take it. All around great guys out here. Luckily they're just right down the road from me.
    "Light Weight"

    260's by May

  19. #194
    Senior Member brihead301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    4,564
    Nice work man!!! That's an awesome BB complex that you did. I've done a similar one, and I like to do it like this:

    choose a weight that you will stick with the entire time, and do the entire complex 6 reps every lift, no rest from lift to lift.....then rest 1 minute after the complex is complete....repeat the complex doing 5 reps every lift....rest 1 minute....repeat complex doing 4 reps....rest 1 minute.....3 reps....rest 1 minute....2 reps....rest...1 rep...

    Sticking to the rest times really kicks your a**!! I love complexes!
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

  20. #195
    Moderator Off Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,884
    Ya buddy...squats, deads, and stones! That's a MAN SIZED workout right there.
    _________
    ______
    ___

    Off Road Journal

    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  21. #196
    Become Unbreakable Mark!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas Area, TX
    Posts
    3,628
    Quote Originally Posted by brihead301 View Post
    Nice work man!!! That's an awesome BB complex that you did. I've done a similar one, and I like to do it like this:

    choose a weight that you will stick with the entire time, and do the entire complex 6 reps every lift, no rest from lift to lift.....then rest 1 minute after the complex is complete....repeat the complex doing 5 reps every lift....rest 1 minute....repeat complex doing 4 reps....rest 1 minute.....3 reps....rest 1 minute....2 reps....rest...1 rep...

    Sticking to the rest times really kicks your a**!! I love complexes!
    Hell yeah man, I've done a complex like that one time and really really enjoyed it. I've been thinking about maybe doing the reps like that, but upping the weight each set. Maybe add 5 lbs each set during my rest. I may play around with that this week, instead of generally going down in weight.
    "Light Weight"

    260's by May

  22. #197
    BIG IRON FREAK
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    omaha, ne
    Posts
    109
    how u like them stones?

  23. #198
    Become Unbreakable Mark!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas Area, TX
    Posts
    3,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Ya buddy...squats, deads, and stones! That's a MAN SIZED workout right there.
    Thanks OR, it took everything out of me to get through it but we managed. Had one dropset on stones that was forced, but it went well. Thanks for checking in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Manley View Post
    how u like them stones?
    Mick, I absolutely love stones. It's an awesome workout and feels great, plus it's a whole lotta fun.
    "Light Weight"

    260's by May

  24. #199
    Become Unbreakable Mark!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas Area, TX
    Posts
    3,628
    I didn't get quite as much rest as I would have liked to get Wednesday or Thursday, but I got enough. I did get quite a bit of food on my refeed. Good stuff.

    Friday Night-Arms
    -BENCH PRESS-
    barx10
    135x5
    165x6x6 w/pause.
    N: I made it through all my reps without having any issues at all. No stopping to rerack or not being able to lock it out. Felt great.

    -Wide Grip BP-
    140x6x2
    N: No reracks, everything went smoothly.

    -CLOSE GRIP BP-
    140x6x2
    N: Again no issues at all. Close grip feels better then wide grip though.

    -DUMBBELL FLYS-
    25x10x4

    -3 WAY DELT RAISE-
    20x8x3

    -HAMMER CURLS-
    35x10x3

    -ZOTTMAN CURLS-
    20x8x3

    -ISO LATERAL ROWS- (Hammer Strenght)
    3ppsx6x3

    -SKULL CRUSHERS-
    65x6x2
    "Light Weight"

    260's by May

  25. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    nice volume on the arm work. keep hitting it bro

Similar Threads

  1. Feeling like hell
    By _-_v_-_ in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-17-2005, 08:46 AM
  2. what the hell is my bench problem?
    By intensity in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-02-2002, 11:29 AM
  3. Where the hell is the WBB Crier??
    By Mystic Eric in forum General Chat
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-05-2002, 06:00 AM
  4. 18 and lazy as hell... OR NOT???
    By SpankyThaGorily in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2002, 02:55 PM
  5. Why the hell??
    By Spiderman in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-16-2001, 03:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •