The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 110 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Hell...

Hybrid View

Storms make trees take deeper roots. This is my storm...

So, after being a member here for a long time, and not sticking with the guns, I'm tired of it. I guess there comes a time when you really do just get tired of the way things are, the way you look, feel, and hell even the way you act. I come for a long journey and struggle with weight. I started out at 464lbs back in 2007, worked my ass off, got my diet in check and lived in a gym. Here I am now and 330lbs, was closer to 300 even but fell off the wagon. At least I'm not 400+ anymore right? I'm looking for 275, no questions asked no excuses. No bull****ting around. I know there will be bad days, but I'm sticking with it. I'm going to keep the journal updated with weights as often as I can, at least weekly, and the progress I make. So, here we go, off to another start. We'll see where we end up.

6'1
    330lbs
    Goal-275lbs

Here comes the long road of getting the diet in check and back on a steady workout routine. Good times starting over.
    Last edited by Mark!; 04-19-2010 at 07:08 AM.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Today started off good. Breakfast was protein shake, did some work around the house. Was gonna run today but my oldest wanted to play soccer in the rain, had hella fun doing that for about an hour with the wife and my boys. Waiting on the fat loss stack from At Large to get in, will be hitting the gym tonight on my lunch break for sure. Cardio cardio cardio for tonights entre.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

You got this brah!
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Quote Originally Posted by thecityalive View Post
    I wish I had a fan bike. Reminds me of wrestling conditioning.
    I want one, haha. My parents had one a long time ago, I should have used it more often when I was a fat little 12 year old, haha. You can definitely get them on the cheap these days though.

Quote Originally Posted by SCmmaFAN View Post
    600+ on rack pulls is really nice! After that amount of deadlifting there is no way I would've gotten on treadmill, since I wouldn't have been able to stand up straight.
    Ha, it was pure pain on that thing until I rested up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisVuittonHan View Post
    I"m new to the forum here.I am like this foum.
    Love you too bro.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Short workout tonight. This rain in Texas is killer on us working in it. Wrecks, fights, flooding, just wouldn't stop so I didn't take lunch when I normally do, did get 45 minutes in. 15 of that was spent drying off, well attempting too at least. Did 15 minutes of cable pulls, rows and lat pull downs, and 15 mins on the eliptical between 6.0 and 8.0. Felt good, had a good layer of sweat coming off me. Feels good right now, was running back and forth between stations trying to get a decent work out in. Hopefully tomorrow night won't be as busy, and I'll be able to get my full hour in.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Alright so I weighed today for the first time in a long time. Verdict...353. Gotta work harder. Wondering if there's a limit to my madness. Could I work out every day, or at least 6 days a week while losing weight? I know it's not a good thing when building muscle, but frankly, I'm not even concerned about muscle right now, I know it will come when I've reached my goal in terms of weight loss. I know my problem is going to be getting enough calories. I usually eat once a day, maybe twice. Really have to work on that.

Got home, had a bowl of Hexa cereal, whole grain, with a scoop of protein and a banana.
    Have to be at work at 8pm, heading to the gym today, starting WBB1.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Finished with my first day of WBB1. Holy...crap. Now I've done every exercise on the updated WBB1 except Planks, just haven't done them as frequently. From my stomach to my thighs, sore!! And planks...mother of God I've never done them, and I know why now. I've never hurt so good. I waited and did planks at the end of my workout today, did them all at once, one right after another, held 10 seconds for 6 times due to lack of room until the end of my workout. I was grunting uncontrolably near the end. Really really enjoyed this workout. Can't wait until tomorrows. Had about a cup and a half of spaghetti with sauce, and a slim fast for dinner with sunflower seeds, unsalted. Will get some Nitrean on tonight during work in place of my work lunch. I'll either play pool and do some cardio, or just cardio for 30 minutes, depends on what my Lt. is up to.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

This is starting.

So sore today after yesterdays work out. No breakfast this morning, but will grab a protein shake as soon as I get to work, gonna make some salmon burgers tonight, should be interesting to see how they turn out. Will focus on upper body workout tonight.
    Last edited by Mark!; 09-14-2009 at 03:42 PM.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

LuNa
    Awesome move you are making here. Keep up the good work and i am sure by no time you will achieve your goals.

On a side note
    Salmon burgers

Woke up today, still a little sore, but pushing through. Tonight will do some dumbbell stuff in the garage, which will be around 100 degrees in there, should be awesome. Wife is gonna workout with me tonight since she'll be home. Protein shake and fish oil for breakfast this morning, good stuff. Got to stock up on my soy milk though.
    Salmon burgers came out pretty good on a cedar plank. I couldn't even finish my plate though. Ate one a a half and that's all I could manage. Good, filling, and good for you.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Weight Today, 350.7. So we're on target so far. Went to the part, ran and ran and ran, started raining so we just ran harder, felt great. Shot off some rockets, chased them, lost 2 out of 5, aint bad. Did planks, 5 x 20 seconds with the wife, 10 push ups and 10 sit ups right after. Ate good today, subway 6 inch veggie and homeade pizza, cheese and turkey, sherbet afterwards. Back to work tomorrow so big work out day.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Work out last night, 8 reps for first 2 sets, 6 reps for last 3 sets.
    Straight Arm Pulldown-65lbs
    Bench Press-135lbs
    Dips-Just body weight for now
    Arm Curls with barbell-75lbs
    Standing Overhead dumbell press-40lbs/arm
    Didn't have the ball for crunches so I did 5x20 on the ab machine in the gym

After I got off work, had a huge argument with the wife, thought it was done but we pulled everything back together at the last minute. I'm stubborn, have a lot of changes to make. I gotta start showing her I love her more often than I do and get back to being the sensual loving guy she married. This work out thing helps because we work out together and bond more. We're each others best friend, can't do without each other.

This morning, well at 6pm when I woke up, I cooked spaghetti with multi grain noodles, lean ground beef and heart healthy sauce, wife and boys ate, I packed mine up and had a bown of oatmeal with vanilla nitrean and 2% bordens high protein milk, one sweet and lo. I feel great today, woke up and felt amazing after taking ETS for the first time before bed. Feel a whole lot better after taking it rather than not taking it. I'm sticking to the fat loss stack religiously, adding fish oils and picconate chromium in.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Now this is the kind of stuff that really motivates me. Glad to see you're taking steps to improve your overall livelihood and hitting it head on. Seems like you have the right attitude.

keep with it. if you need motivation just look around this site and hit up a member, consistency is key. just don't burn out, take it easy if you have to but just keep going.
    My journal
    Goal(Current):
    400(335) Bench Press
    600(520x3 2xBW) Dead Lift
    500(495x1) ATG Squat
    Total: 1500(1350)
    365 Front Squat
    consistency and intensity.

Good luck with your goals, bro. As others have said, if you ever have any questions or need any motivation, don't hesitate to hit up another member.
    Name: Justin Height: 6'2" Weight: 205 lbs. Age: 25

"Pick the right door, and you'll go free ... pick the wrong door, and there he'll be ..."

"It's the most fun in the park, when you're laughing in the dark!"

Thanks everyone. I'm taking things slow, and working this the right way. It's a lifestyle change, I thought I knew that last time but I was wrong. I went back to my old way and fail off the wagon. This time, it's slow and steady weight loss, eating right, working out and doing things the way I should have been doing them all along. Everyone on here has been great, and a lot of help. I can't wait for about 6 months to go by, and me putting up some after pics.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Went to work out on my lunch tonight. Did some squats, dead lift, front squats and good mornings.
    Squats-2x6 @ 250, 2x6 @ 270
    Dead Lift 2x10 @ 180, 2x6 @ 280,1x6 @ 360
    Front Squats-1x6 @ 115
    Good Mornings- 1x8 @ 135

Protein Shake afterwards, handful of almonds and peanuts, unsalted.

Edit #1:Just read thru unholy's tranformation...holy crap talk about motivation!
    Edit #2: I just thought of something that I need to fix ASAP. My sleep habits suck. I sleep maybe 4 or 5 hours a day, which has always been normal. I need to focus on giving my body more time to recover.
    Last edited by Mark!; 09-20-2009 at 03:03 AM.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Weigh in today before chipotle= 349.9
    Went to chipotle, had a veggie bowl with rice, black beans, onions, bell peppers, cheese, guacamole, sour cream, pico, hot sauce, and a diet dr pepper. I haven't had chipotle in so long, it was good stuff. So, we're still workin baby, 10 days total.
    Last edited by Mark!; 09-22-2009 at 05:32 AM.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Deadlifts 5x6 @ 225
    Step Ups 5x6 while holding a 45 lb plate. Hell these things are hard enough to do when you're 350lbs.
    Pull Through 5x6 @ 50lbs. I pussed out on these, never heard of them, interesting to say the least, fun to do...just remember kids, set the damn pulley a hell of a lot lower than ass height...that cable and ball from the rope surely DOES NOT feel good.
    Seated Calve Raises 5x6 while holding 2 45 plates. We don't have a seated calf raise machine in the gym, or a standing one for that matter. I put my feet up on the foot of the bench with the heel hanging off and did these while holding 2 45lb plates. Did ok I guess.
    Walk Outs- No...I can't do these yet...they suck. I did HIIT, 20 seconds of 6.0 speed, 10 seconds of 3.0 speed, did that for 5 cycles.
    Side Planks - These suck worse than regular planks, which suck a lot! I tried 3 sets of 20 seconds on my elbow, then raised off my elbow on to my hand for 2 sets of 20 seconds.

**After the work out, I looked at the bar and wanted to see if I could pull it off the ground with 8 plates on it. So, I loaded 6, got it twice. Loaded one more to each side and lifted and locked it in place. My thigh is a little soar from the bar, but hell yeah, 8 45lb plates but a 45 lb bar. 405!**
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

You're a strong guy. Keep up the good work and remember, it's a long journey, stay the course.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post

**After the work out, I looked at the bar and wanted to see if I could pull it off the ground with 8 plates on it. So, I loaded 6, got it twice. Loaded one more to each side and lifted and locked it in place. My thigh is a little soar from the bar, but hell yeah, 8 45lb plates but a 45 lb bar. 405!**
    Name: Justin Height: 6'2" Weight: 205 lbs. Age: 25

"Pick the right door, and you'll go free ... pick the wrong door, and there he'll be ..."

"It's the most fun in the park, when you're laughing in the dark!"

Came in early to work tonight, did a pretty decent work out.
    Squats 4x5 @ 225lbs
    Good Mornings 4x5 @ 115 These are weak, I need to do a lot of form checking videos to make sure I'm doing things right.
    Front Squats 4x5 @ 115 Never done these before, felt good at the light weights.
    Cable Rope Pull Downs 4x10 @ 65lbs
    Overhead Cable Rows 4x10 @ 65lbs done right after the set of pull downs to keep intensity up
    Barbell Curls 4x6 70 lbs

At the end of the work out: 3x1 315lbs squats, followed by power shower
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Well, poison ivy sucks, in case any one didn't know. I couldn't move, sweat or anything. I'm highly allergic to the mess and got it Wednesday so spent the next 2 days laying in bed lathered in creams. Did get a shot, which helped some but never helps much. I'm still banned from doing anything until Monday, so here's to doing nothing. hoo freakin rah
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

lol I was always given prednisone, a weeks worth, and after the first day it would all be dried out.
    My journal
    Goal(Current):
    400(335) Bench Press
    600(520x3 2xBW) Dead Lift
    500(495x1) ATG Squat
    Total: 1500(1350)
    365 Front Squat
    consistency and intensity.

Well I went to the doctor Tuesday, got a shot, she looked at it and said she thinks it may have gotten in to my blood, and gave me another shot. AFTER she gave me the 2nd shot she said it would make me really dizzy and sleepy, but because I'm so allergic to it, I needed it. Sure enough I got home and passed out for a good 12 hours. I woke up and the poison ivy had spread more, was on my ears, belly button, nose, and upper arms. I took the pill packet and slept a whole lot Wednesday and Thursday. Everything above the waist has dried/is drying up, legs still has some on it thats just now starting to go away, but I'm getting there. I hate poison ivy. I didn't even see it until afterwards, and by that time I had hit it with the weed eater and my legs were covered. Bad thing is, my weight is back to 353. Starting over again.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May