Page 11 of 111 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Hell...

It was taking me about 3 mintues to get through the 6 reps part 1, then of course the time got shorter in part 2. I started about 6:45 and finished up around 7:10, PWO cardio lasted until 7:24, in the shower by 7:34. Good stuff.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Good stuff for sure.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Thai Boxing Bodybuilder The Gasman UK's Avatar
    Mmm I do like those complexes. I'll have to steal those thank you. Getting into complexes/circuits more lately. Get a lot done in small space of time.
    The Gasmans' journey to the single digits - http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131623

Work Out #2
    Treadmill for 18 minutes 3.0/6.0 incline, 3.0/5.0 speed, yay.

Dumbbell Presses
    70lb dumbbells x 7 reps
    50lb dumbbells x 14 reps
    30lb dumbbells x 28 reps

Dumbbell OHP
    70lbs x 4 each arm

Stretching for about 15 minutes, felt great.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

For you, that was a quick workout
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Serious session Mark, keep at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Good stuff for sure.
    Definitely, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by The Gasman UK View Post
    Mmm I do like those complexes. I'll have to steal those thank you. Getting into complexes/circuits more lately. Get a lot done in small space of time.
    Complexes are phenomenal for me because I don't enjoy cardio too much on a treadmill or bike. Complexes get me breathing heavy and have done a great deal of good for my cardio endurance. And the good thing is, you can change them up, do different things for cardio with complexes instead of the same thing each day.

For you, that was a quick workout
    It was. I was on lunch at work, had an hour to work. Was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Serious session Mark, keep at it.
    Thanks Coke! Felt really good.

Thanks guys for stopping by, really appreciate it.

Weight this morning was 322.4, getting really close. I did about 30 minutes of basketball before leaving for work with my boys, is always fun. Nailed 22 in a row from the free throw line. I'm still waiting to hear back from my trainer about a routine for Thursdays workout. I asked him to write me something up that's going to just about kill me, leave me drained and make it hard to even walk to the car afterwards. Looking forward to that for sure.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Banned
    nice pressing bro. weight is really coming along

Impressive OH's Mark...
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Holy Heavy Lifting! I wanted a PR on squat today, and ended up with a big one, plus a PR on Dead Lifts as well. Good stuff.

-5 Minutes on Treadmill and a lot of stretching-
    -SQUAT-
    135x5
    225x5
    275x3
    295x3
    315x1
    345x1 PR
    365x1x2 20LB PR!!!! I got it once, then wanted my wife to record it on her phone since that's all we had available here at work, it's in a 3pg format so I'll have to wait and try to convert it. If I can't I'll hit it again and have it done with our camera that way we can skip all this converting BS. Felt really good though. It went down quick, of course, exploded out of the hole, then was smooth and slow through the middle to the top. Moreso on the 2nd rep but I never doubted I'd get it. Felt amazing!

-DEAD LIFT-
    135x5
    225x5
    315x3
    375x3
    415x1 +10LB PR. This was tough. I was rushing all my reps for time, I pulled it off the floor, stopped at my knees, then pulled like hell for lock out. It was one of those lock it it, look at yourself in the mirror and smile kind of reps. Really felt amazing to be able to pull this considering I'm 10 days in to a carb deficit.

I got an email from my trainer today, he wrote a little short diddy on elitefts, thought it was pretty bad ass to see that on there.
    http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/training-...qid=119339&tid

19 more hours of work, 2 more major workouts, then I'm off to the beaches of Mexico. Life is good!
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Wow, that's ****ing killer good weight on both mark. Love seeing progression like this go down in member journals. My phone records in 3gp format not sure if maybe 3pg was a typo? If it is 3gp just upload it straight to youtube no converting necessary (or at least if it does youtube takes care of it).
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

I uploaded to photobucket since youtube is blocked at work. I just saw this for the first time myself, my elbows are too far forward, but that's been an issue with me for a while. Hoping when more weight comes off flexability won't be an issue. Depth, to me, looks ok.

Last edited by Mark!; 04-26-2010 at 07:04 AM.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Garage Lifter
    Congrats on the PRs
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

Banned
    great lift, grats on the PRs. squats and deads in the same workout to a max is awesome. . good depth on the squat, however youre right tho, you need to work on ham/glute flexibility. in like 4-5 weeks of consistent stretching, you should be able to be below parallel in the hole and completely retain your arch.

Nice job Mark. You really are making good progress.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Wow, that's ****ing killer good weight on both mark. Love seeing progression like this go down in member journals. My phone records in 3gp format not sure if maybe 3pg was a typo? If it is 3gp just upload it straight to youtube no converting necessary (or at least if it does youtube takes care of it).
    Thanks for the help bro! I got home and made a youtube account and shot it up there, I'm planning on doing a lot more videos for form and personal reference so when I'm squatting heavy I'll know where I came from. Thanks for the comments and for stopping by man, really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by StLRPh View Post
    Congrats on the PRs
    Thank you kind sir. Thanks for stopping by.

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    great lift, grats on the PRs. squats and deads in the same workout to a max is awesome. . good depth on the squat, however youre right tho, you need to work on ham/glute flexibility. in like 4-5 weeks of consistent stretching, you should be able to be below parallel in the hole and completely retain your arch.
    My man, Glute Hamstring Raises help with this? I just started doing some of these here last week, and plan on doing a lot more. I need to focus on staying more upright. Hell I was more concerned with just getting the weight back up more than anything, haha.

Nice job Mark. You really are making good progress.
    Thanks man, you've been a whole lotta help in my journey. All of you guys have!
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Thai Boxing Bodybuilder The Gasman UK's Avatar
    Those squats look pretty darn good to me
    The Gasmans' journey to the single digits - http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131623

Thanks GMAN! I woke up around 5PM today, went to sleep around 9AM after getting home and getting situated. It's my last night at work until the cruise so I'm really really hoping tonight goes by quickly. Only working 6 hours tonight. Didn't do much of a workout tonight though. I DID get to weigh in this morning, HUGE plus and excitement on that front though.....................

319.8lbs!!!! Yessir so by Friday, I'm sure I'll be under 320 after all my meals. Heck yes!!!!
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

TJW
    Great work Mark! That is some awesome squatting and deadlifting, but more importantly...congrats on the weight loss!

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    I'll just have to agree with what you've pretty much already stated or realized yourself. Work on staying upright, lower back arched, overall tightness, etc etc. These days I really focus on my squat form and to be honest it's almost more of a core/back exercise for me than a leg exercise haha. Well, that might be a lie, but... I'd say my legs could push a bit more but I'd rather just keep my core tight. Nice PR though man, that is good stuff!

And 319.8 dude that's great! You own so hard haha. Congrats. Enjoy the cruise!
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 04-26-2010 at 10:25 PM.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Doing some calculations here...feeling good.
    March 1st I was 347lbs
    April 26th I'm 320
    That's 3.3lbs per week...keeping this pace I could weigh 149 in 52 weeks. LOL! No.

There are 35 weeks left in the year. my goal for December is to be under 300lbs. So...even if my pace drops to 1lb of weight lost a week, I could still over achieve my goal. There are 22 weeks left until October, I'm wondering, if it'd be possible to hit 300 by then? Even at 1 lb a week I could do it, that'd be 22 lbs lost in 22 weeks equalling somewhere around 299ish. This is awesome stuff. I don't sit down and think about weight loss and how much I've lost, but with these figures, it's really looking pretty promising to be under 300 at least by December 31st.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

So, on my lunch I was bored. Didn't have anything else to do since I'm leaving for vacation in 2.5 hours. Strolled in to the gym and piddled around.

Leg Press
    4ppsx10x3

Squat
    225x4x4

Ghetto T-Bars
    180x8x3

Bench
    115x20
    135x10
    185x5

V-Bar PullDowns
    97.5x10x2

Rope Straight Arm Pulldowns
    70x10x2
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Piddling around is good for the soul. Great progress in here Mark. Your training seems to be flying in the right direction.
    "Don’t fall for the crap that people are peddling on message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your **** in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn’t matter. Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? **** you. I’ve got scars and blood and vomit."
    Jim Wendler, 531 Method

Have fun on the vacation.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Quote Originally Posted by KoSh View Post
    Piddling around is good for the soul. Great progress in here Mark. Your training seems to be flying in the right direction.
    There are some days I enjoy just going in and seeing what looks good. There were a few guys in there today so I worked around them until they were finished sort of benching. They were benching 115 and 160 with their feet on the bench and the dang thing was tearing. I told them to put their dang feet on the ground and push through their glutes, and tuck their damn elbows in they looked like they were doing the funky chicken. It didn't help one of these guys was our evenings patrol sergeant. That's where the 115x20 came in as he was pushing it up 3 times before I told him about form. He told me he bet I couldn't rep it 3 times, sort of pissed me off I'm trying to help the dumbass out and he's gotta be a jerk about it. I felt like as ass for a bit but dang man, all I was trying to do was help. This was frustrating, so I took the bench and did some other work. Gah. Sometimes I wish I would just leave the idiots alone and let them screw themselves over. I did find a good article on form and how benching like he was could actually promote injuries quicker.

Have fun on the vacation.
    I certainly will OR. Got one workout tonight at Metroflex with Josh, then one major work out Thursday at MF with a buddy, and we leave Friday night/Saturday morning. Cannot wait.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May