The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

what is right for me?

Basically I need some shakes for in between meals and something for preworkout and post workout. Im not getting enough calories and protein in my diet right now because I have an extremely hectic schedule with work and school. I was originally thinking I was going to buy the Mass Stack from ALN but I dont think I need the weight gainer, but not sure. Would Nitrean, Opticen and Results be good enough for someone like me. My goals are obviously get bigger and stronger.

height: 6'3

weight: 175

short term goal: 200

Long term goal: Lean 225

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I would get maximus if it's protein and calories you are after. I recently added one before bed and it is I think 600 calories + milk and 65 grams of protein.

If you want primarily more protein, then get whey powder and have a few more shakes during the day.

I'm with Cirino. MAXIMUS is a weight gainer, but you can consume smaller servings if you wish. I know it will help your training.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by bass slayer View Post
    Basically I need some shakes for in between meals and something for preworkout and post workout. Im not getting enough calories and protein in my diet right now because I have an extremely hectic schedule with work and school. I was originally thinking I was going to buy the Mass Stack from ALN but I dont think I need the weight gainer, but not sure. Would Nitrean, Opticen and Results be good enough for someone like me. My goals are obviously get bigger and stronger.
    I have a similar schedule. I get whole food meals in when I can, but between classes I just don't have the time. Instead of going to the snack machine, I pack shakes. I like Maximus shakes, you can half them and still be sitting around 30 g of protein, with carbs and fat.

I usually have 3-4 shakes a day.

You could try the Novus bars as well. They are even more handy than making shakes in advance.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Does maximus mix ok? Is it better for what I want then Nitrean?

As a meal replacement, Maximus would probably be the better choice. Your body needs other macronutrients besides just protein (carbs, fat) to grow.

It mixes just fine. I've put 5 scoops in a turbo shaker before (the shaker Atlarge sells) and it mixes up pretty well.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

I would consider Maximus a complete meal replacement powder. It's got good carbs, good fat, and a mix of proteins. It mixes very well and it's my favorite tasting of all the ALN products. I used it on my last bulk with great success. I got bigger and stronger without feeling sluggish. I recommend it highly.

Also, like lones said, you can split the shake up. I was 320 lbs. and I was not even drinking an entire shake in a sitting.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 10-01-2009 at 05:43 AM.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

I use 2 scoops of Nitrean and 2 scoops of Maximus

Delicious

Goes down really well with the turbo shaker, not thick at all and just under 500 cals and 70g protein mixed in water
    Height 6ft 1"
    Current Weight 200lbs

Goal
    200lbs @ 10%bf

With a little from:
    WBB #1
    www.atlargenutrition.com
    EC Stack
    Advice from WBB members

Quote Originally Posted by Built
    DavyRen - All around nice guy. Respectful to the end.

Alright, the Mass stack it is. Just got to wait for my next paycheck. Cant wait to do some serious lifting again.

Pro Strongman | Moderator Tom Mutaffis's Avatar
    Alright, the Mass stack it is. Just got to wait for my next paycheck. Cant wait to do some serious lifting again.
    Good choice.

I do half servings of Maximus as an MRP (between meals). A full serving is great for PWO and will help to increase your recovery abilities.

Pre-workout you do not need to worry as much about protein. I would try to eat some complex carbohydrates and fats with a good lean protein source about an hour pre-workout, then perhaps some fruit or honey immediately before training for an energy boost.

Let me know if you need help putting together your diet or working the mass stack into your current program.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 235 lbs | Front Squat: 510 lbs | Overhead: 375 lbs | Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com