The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pretty good for a MASTER lifter. Holy ****! What Stan did is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mutaffis View Post
    That is comparing apples to oranges; Mariuz is a strongman not a powerlifter (although he could probably still post some huge numbers).

Bill Kazmaier is the most legendary powerlifter/strongman with world titles in both disciplines. The RAW/Single Ply numbers that he posted were simply amazing. In 1979, Kazmaier won the American powerlifting championship and the IPF world powerlifting championship. He won the IPF world championship again in 1983. In 1981, Kazmaier became the first person to bench 300kg. The 1981 event was the same competition in which he totaled 1,100 kg (2,425 lb). Best lifts= Squat-925Lbs (done without a suit) 661 lbs RAW bench press, and an 887Lbs. deadlift.

Zydrunas Savickas is another one who is accomplished in both disciplines but is much more focused on strongman. His lifts include a 425.5 kg (936lbs) squat, 285.5 kg (628 lbs) RAW bench press, and 407.5 Kg (896.5 lbs) deadlift along with a 1090 kg (2,398 lbs) total.

I am 99% sure that Kazmaier did that number with a squat suit, hence his total is not considered raw.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Pro Strongman | Moderator Tom Mutaffis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    I am 99% sure that Kazmaier did that number with a squat suit, hence his total is not considered raw.
    I am almost positive as well, it was a really basic suit/singlet from 25 years ago - but was something. The numbers that I pulled were from Wikipedia so I quoted them directly.

There are videos of his lifts online. He was red-lighted for dropping his deadlift too quickly in that meet and so he does about a 5 second negative with his next attempt, basically mocking the judges.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 235 lbs | Front Squat: 510 lbs | Overhead: 375 lbs | Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Pro Strongman | Moderator Tom Mutaffis's Avatar
    Back to Stan... does anyone know if he plans to compete in any upcoming bodybuilding contests? Obviously he will not be at the Olympia but perhaps the Night of Champions or the Arnold?

With how much he seems to enjoy training and with his strength levels I would be curious to see what kind of physique he can build when hypertrophy is his only focus.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 235 lbs | Front Squat: 510 lbs | Overhead: 375 lbs | Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Back to Stan... does anyone know if he plans to compete in any upcoming bodybuilding contests? Obviously he will not be at the Olympia but perhaps the Night of Champions or the Arnold?

With how much he seems to enjoy training and with his strength levels I would be curious to see what kind of physique he can build when hypertrophy is his only focus.
    He packed on a ton of muscle since last year. I think he became pro in June or July, so most of his training up to then was probably hypertrophy. He is just a total freak!

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

He does plan to do an IFBB show soon.
    Last edited by chris mason; 09-21-2009 at 10:03 AM.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Any vids yet???
    My Training Log

You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit. - Jim Wendler

The Ironman.

Video

beastly
    He who gains victory over other men is strong; but he who gains victory over himself is strong(er)

"Get rid of all excess in life. The more you own, the more that owns you. Strip yourself of all things, of all the fat, and leave nothing but brain, muscles and cock. That is life." - Jim Wendler

My Journal

Wow, what a performance. That is one strong guy right there.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

That is just unreal. He left a good bit on all his lifts! He killed that 606 bench

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Incredible lifts!

Video

Real humble guy. I'm very impressed with his performance and his respect. I hope Jackson and White look at it the same way Efferding does.
    Last edited by Lones Green; 09-22-2009 at 06:16 AM.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Banned
    I love the joking trash talk, just entertaining stuff to go along with incredible lifting. Mocking Ben was hilarious. This guy is great for the sport.

Some good videos, who wouldn't be inspired by Konstantinov, guy is a monster but apparently Efferding is too.

Haha that was great, Stan is unreal. That squat and bench looked so fast and explosive.
    My Training Log

You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit. - Jim Wendler

Thanks for posting those videos guys.

LuNa
    Those videos are great. He didnt really arch on the bench or is that just my inexperience?

Stan is a beast!!!!!! he is jacked as **** man!!!