Thread: I think I found my new gym at last!

At the corner of 1st & 1st getting there's Avatar

I think I found my new gym at last!

My girlfriend and I have been lifting at a commercial gym, i.e. Gold's, for the past year or so and we have been throughly dissapointed with the place. So I have been looking at gyms in my area (suburbs west of Philly), and I think I found the winner yesterday. Ideally I'd love to train at Ironsport but my schedule makes it damn near impossible to train anywhere that is not within 15 minutes of my house. Anyway I was looking in the yellowpages and the interweb and found a listing for Old School Fitness. I figured I go in and take a look. As soon as I walked in I got the feeling of a kid getting all the toys he ever wanted on Christmas. Dumbbells that go up to 150 and a log pess too! They had 5 full power racks exactly like the attachted photo, loaded with all the bands, chains and straps I could ever ask for. As I pry my eyes away from that wondrous sight I see a prowler in the corner. I start to salivate. Then I spy a reverse hyper in another corner! Then towards the end of my tour the salesperson takes me to a back room where you can practice boxing, wrestling, MMA, etc. and says they have some equipment outside as well. I am thinking to myself at this point "please be a huge, fat tire". Lo and behold it is not one but 2, one that is about 500lbs and another that is around 800lbs. They even the tanks for the farmers walk.

I cannot believe I did not hear of this place before but I am definitely going to join. It is relatively inexpensive too, around $40/month. I have not been this pumped to train in a long time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by getting there; 09-15-2009 at 09:23 AM.

Old school is the best in our area. I wish it was closer to me. Ive been there a few times and it is amazing
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Currenty ranked #1 198 Multiply
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 875/585/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/425/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes

At the corner of 1st & 1st getting there's Avatar
    It is ridiculously close to where I live. It takes me about 10 minutes to drive there, and that is with traffic.

Cool! We have to gyms in out state that cater to powerlifting, and ours has the monolift! To put that into perspective, Western Australia.

You'd figure we'd have more stuff in that big patch in the middle, nope, just dirt.

Thats pretty dmn sweet man....Im pretty sure that Jon Rock lives in philly....hes got a 2k total at 198

Wannabebig New Member
    I wasn't aware OSF had all of that equipment. I'm also in West Chester and have been going to Ironsport(have alot of free time), which is one of the best places I've ever trained. I might have to check this place out when my schedule gets a bit busier. I just moved into the are a few months ago so I don't really know the gyms around here, but noticed that REAL fitness here in town has a platform and bumpers, not sure what else.

Wannabebig Member
    thank for the props douglas.

anyone in phila who would want to train with me or our crew, drop me a line

Wannabebig New Member
    hey getting there, I couldn't PM you back because of my post count. I'd like to check this place out in a few weeks. Maybe we can meet up there and get some training in together