Thread: Ufc 103

Ufc 103

Anyone be watching this on saturday night? I wasnt realy bothered by it but just watched the countdown show and fancy it now.
    Looking forward to seeing how belfort performs against franklin although I cant see belfort not winning. I think dos santos will beat cro cop and kampmann and kosheck to win as well. although alot of people are writing cro cop off so it will be good to see him try and prove everyone wrong. Whats everyones elses predictions?

Also just rembered the mayweather fight is on aswell, its going to be a good night of beers and fighting lol.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else."

Quote Originally Posted by geordie1986 View Post
    Anyone be watching this on saturday night? I wasnt realy bothered by it but just watched the countdown show and fancy it now.
    Looking forward to seeing how belfort performs against franklin although I cant see belfort not winning. I think dos santos will beat cro cop and kampmann and kosheck to win as well. although alot of people are writing cro cop off so it will be good to see him try and prove everyone wrong. Whats everyones elses predictions?

Also just rembered the mayweather fight is on aswell, its going to be a good night of beers and fighting lol.
    Yea I'm wanting to see how Frankling and Vitor goes I could easily see Franklin winning this one. After watching Franklin/Wandy though I think Vitor can take Franklin out.

I really hope Dos Santos wins and I think he will training with Anderson Silva and the Nog brothers is very beneficial for him. I think he's going to stop Cro Cop if he comes out like he's been doing lately. He didn't hesitate against Werdum so I'm sure he wont against Cro Cop.

I really wanted to see Kamp/Swick to be the fight isn't happening anymore. Paul Daley is going to fill in the guy has a horrible ground game so I'm sure he will lose quickly.

Kos/Trigg will be interesting but I think Kos will take it as well. Will see though.

To me, This UFC doesn't interest me at all. Franklin/belfort will be a good fight and Cro cop's always fun to watch but really??? Franklin as the top card? seems really underwhelming to me.
    stats:Bench: 285 goal: 305
    squat: 390 goal: 420
    dead: 405 goal: 445
    weight and height: 230, 6'2 age:18
    “No strength within, no respect without.”
    "Strength is not your physical capacity, its your indomitable will." http://freddy56.mybrute.com

I've been waiting for this one... my two favorite fighters... Vitor and Mirko. Funny that both are very off/on fighters. When they're good, they're unstoppable, but both have had some very baaaaad nights...

I really have no desire to see this card...it could have some pretty epic fights on it though or it could be a huge snoozer

at least I saw fight night the other night on spike...some great fights there

I'm most interested in seeing Cole Miller fight, and his fight is free on Spike at 9, so I might just watch that and skip the PPV altogether. I guess it depends on what I'm doing and if any good college games are on.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Wannabebig Member
    I'm not really interested in this card but I will probably see it

Cro Crop looked like crap. Franklin got annihilated.

definitely glad I didn't waste my money on this card

I watched it. They hooked me with the spike card. It's wasn't a bad fight. Cro Cop should retire.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

thought franklin would of put more of a fight on but just got destroyed by bellfort pretty easily.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else."

Good to see Vitor in form. Give the UFC a new challenge for A. Silva rather than have him destroy Henderson or Marquardt again if he wants to defend the MW belt. Don't think Vitor can beat him, but will be cheering for him.

It was a decent card, nothing to write home about though. I think Mirko is pretty much retiring after this fight since his post fight interview didn't sound too encouraging. He lost that fight due to his mental state, not his physical state. I hate to see one of my all time favorite fighters go out like that, but thats what time/age/battles will do to you.

Vitor on the other hand looked great and I hope he gets another good fight soon. I don't know if he'll be fighing A. Silva next since Silva says he's on vacation for a while. Definitely looking forward to Vitors next battle.

I didn't watch much of the event, I watch Mayweather dominate instead. From what I did see, Franklin got his ass kicked yet again.
    Last edited by berfles; 09-20-2009 at 07:15 PM.
    22 - 5'10@236lbs!
    Bench - 325 (old)
    Squat - 455x2 (old)
    Deadlift - 500(old)

Total: 1280lbs 100% raw

The key to my exercise program is this one simple truth: I hate my body.

The undercard on Spike was great. I just watched the fights online today they were good fights Dos Santos really put a beating on CC. The body shots he was throwing were brutal.

Mirko... what the hell man...??? It looked like he just gave up in the end... 'couldn't see'??? He wouldn't be the first to finish a fight blind or half blind, but he's one ov the first i've seen use it as an excuse to stop. In his defense though... it was not one-sided. Dos Santos IS a helluva fighter, that much is obvious now (i dont buy into the UFC hype machine... i gotta see it before i believe it), but he did eat a couple really good shots. DS's got one hell ov a chin. How the hell can a guy go so bad so quick though...??? Its this legend-turned ultimate suckage that brings out the conspiracy-theorist in me...

And Vitor... absolutely no surprise there. I'd love to see him destroy Silva. He might be the guy to do it. Both are brutal strikers.