The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Soca King

My near death experience

Well yesterday was as close to death as I want to get for the next 50-60 years.I was riding home on my bike from the gym yesterday and was waiting at the cross walk till it was safe to cross.Well then came the red light,so I crossed the street. Someone honked & waved at me so I waved back,then I decided to turn back to see who it was waving at me(I assumed it was someone I went to high school with)No sooner after I turned back a car came speeding through the red light right where I would've been if I continued to cross.So literally I almost died or at the least I would've suffered some very serious bodily injuries.
    After this experience I'm not going to stress myself out over my unemployment problem,stuff like that doesn't seem as important after an experience like this. Just goes to show you that life is short and that you should grab "Every Piece of Happiness You Can"

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Mystic Eric
    Whoa, glad you're OK man.

Whoa....Something like that does put things in perspective. Glad you're ok.
    Last edited by Sajen; 04-24-2002 at 03:40 PM.

Senior of Kinesiology
    Dang... glad your ok.
    Meet PR: 290lb bench press, 505lb dead lift @ 190lbs

Current Training: Yoga and Weightlifting

5'11'', Male, 175lbs, age 22

Soca King
    Originally posted by Mystic Eric
    Whoa, glad you're OK man.
    You and me both bro

I'm not joking when I say this after almost dying my unemployment doesn't seem as important.I mean I'll never stop searching since I want to move out into my own apartment and stuff.But I've got a college education,with good enough work experience so with patience something will come up.But still worrying about something like that after an experience like this makes no sense

cool
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

hey man.. that has to be tough
    some people dont realize how precious life really is until they lose someone close to them, or they almost lose their own life.
    i am glad you are ok man
    good look with looking for a job and everything
    Our Journal!
    R.I.P Devie

i ride my bike. ive almost gotten hit by a car 4 times....lol...one time and your all spazzed...i fell off my bike yesterday and busted the crap outa my knee...i would have went to the gym if the bleeding would have stopped.

hey man **** happens, in the end it all doesnt matter, if you were happy or stressed, just how big you are.

I'm glad your ok.
    I know what your talking about.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo