Thread: 1st Impression of my Titan Prototype Shirt!

1st Impression of my Titan Prototype Shirt!

My 1st impression is that it is very different, and I like it! It's the tightest shirt I have; especially in the arms. 500 almost wouldn't touch 2 boards, which is a pretty high board for me. I stayed at 2 boards today and went up 50 pounds a pop and re-pulled the shirt as it relaxed with the reps. Amazingly, each heavier weight went up easier to 650! At 650 I was trusting the shirt more and dropping the weight faster to the board and it flew up. I decided to try 700 but I screwed up the setup and couldn't stop the weight from drifting toward my feet when I took it. I had to tell the spotters to take it or it would have dumped form lockout...not good! LOL! I'll skip some weights next week now that I've felt it out and try to get to 700+ earlier and focus on my setups better. I may try to get something on down to 1 board next week too. I'm looking forward to next bench day!
    Proudly Sponsored by Titan Support Systems Inc. and 'Monster Barbell'
    Training log: (Mastermonster's Quest For The Records)

Nice review!!! Are you planning on competing with it or are you just testing it out for Titan?
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

Buddy,

Good info man... I know its a little early, but what can you compare it to at this point? Is it stiffer than a 2-ply Katana or Rage X?

Whats the groove like or does it matter if you lower the bar high on the chest or low?

Thx.
    RC

Bump...... Suspense is killin me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tank82 View Post
    Nice review!!! Are you planning on competing with it or are you just testing it out for Titan?
    Thanks Tank! I hope to compete in it. This will all pend on me being able to touch something eventually. This one is very tight. The 1st trial I never quite got the arms up where the sleeve bands would be above the elbow and legal. The arms are grind stitched so I hope they will relax enough as we go.

Quote Originally Posted by robchris View Post
    Buddy,

Good info man... I know its a little early, but what can you compare it to at this point? Is it stiffer than a 2-ply Katana or Rage X?

Whats the groove like or does it matter if you lower the bar high on the chest or low?

Thx.
    RC
    Robchris, It is early; but the material is a softer feeling material than the Katana material. If I understand it is the original NXG and it does seem to have some stretch and rebound. More than I'd have thought for 3 plys. When I dropped the 650 faster than the prior presses I could feel it stretching and building up energy more than what I feel even with a one ply Katana. What I felt happen when I pressed the 650 was more of a sling shot effect and a very rapid rise of the bar. All 4 spotters commented that it looked faster than the lighter weights. What I used to love about the older Furies and 1st F6s was that great buildup of energy and the fast pop back off the chest. The Katana with the super + material don't give me as much of an 'elastic' feeling pop, but I can just keep pushing and grinding weight that I previously couldn't grind out. The closest shirt I've worn that was as tight as this shirt was the size 50 Super Katana single ply. With it I was good for about 620 in the gym and it was very hit or miss if it would touch. 650 would have never moved for me like that in that shirt; even at 2 boards. I'll have a better feel of things Monday when I try to go to 1 board.

I tried to keep the elbows tucked and take it low Monday. I'll see if that still feels right as I go lower with the boards. I haven't tried it with the MM type bring down but I'll play with that eventually too.

Buddy,

Good info brother... Keep us posted!

Sounds more like a Inzer Phenom right? ( reference to rebound& stretch of material)

RC

Quote Originally Posted by robchris View Post
    Buddy,

Good info brother... Keep us posted!

Sounds more like a Inzer Phenom right? ( reference to rebound& stretch of material)

RC
    I'd only be guessing. I've not had a Super Phenom on. I've held and looked at Garry's. As I remember there are some similarities, but definately not identical. I do think those things are going to be the strong point of this shirt though. We'll see as it goes.

Wannabebig Member
    Can you tell me anything about how the neck is constructed on the prototype?

Quote Originally Posted by packers0415 View Post
    Can you tell me anything about how the neck is constructed on the prototype?
    It is, I'd say; about 1 1/2 inch wide and it appears to be several layers thick and is cut pretty low. I'll get back in it as soon as I get the raw meet done Saturday and continue with the feedback on it.