The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546
Results 1,126 to 1,139 of 1139
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorman2k6 View Post
    Not sure how I missed that huge dead PR, but that's awesome! You've now my passed my best single. Good call on working your conventional pulls to bring up your sumo pull. It should pay off big time. Good work with the floor presses and conventional pulls too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Awesome PR for sure Slash, very nicely done. Solid looking session today as well. Also smart plan you have, working conventional will definitely help your sumo. If my conventional goes up, I can always count on the same for my sumo. Great work!
    Thanks for the props guys! Im really trying to up my dead right now. Ive never been so excited about pulling. Its really just because i finally realised that i need a strong dead if i have a shot at the 1000lb club this yr in school. Id be the lightest and youngest to do it in my school. I need to start working my squat again too. Ive really slacked with my squatting.

Nice work in here lately slash. You'll get that 1,000 club for sure.
    My Training Log

You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit. - Jim Wendler

I'm with Pete; you'll have that 1,000lbs. club before you know it. Keep working hard, bud. You've really made a lot of progress.

lower workout

squats
    135x5
    225x5
    245x3
    265x3-10rpe PR!
    275x1-10rpe

GHR
    bw 2x8
    bw + 25lbs 2x8

leg press
    6pps 3x6

5min ab workout

*i cant feel my ass

Quote Originally Posted by Pete22 View Post
    Nice work in here lately slash. You'll get that 1,000 club for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrin0tk View Post
    I'm with Pete; you'll have that 1,000lbs. club before you know it. Keep working hard, bud. You've really made a lot of progress.
    Thanks for the props guys! Im really pushing for it

TJW
    Great work Ryan! That's some great squatting. Smart accessory selection too!

Like those squats guy.

Banned
    Nice job on the PR squat Slash! Not being able to feel your ass just means you put in a good session. lol Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorman2k6 View Post
    Great work Ryan! That's some great squatting. Smart accessory selection too!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Like those squats guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Nice job on the PR squat Slash! Not being able to feel your ass just means you put in a good session. lol Well done.
    Thanks for the props guys. By the way, walking into a guys locker room after squatting and saying your ass hurts... not a good idea.

SLASHKILLS!

Whats up man. You've defiinatley gotten a lot stronger since I was last in here. Great work.

Great squat workout, bud. Keep it up. Congrats on the PR.

hey everyone! its been forever since ive been on here. Im still working out. ive been fighting to get my truck running which finally started for the first time since xmas last night. i had to take care of some school stuff for my upcoming ACTs and i just spend a ton of time with my gf, so updating on here has taken hit lol. i mainly worked out in school during my weightlifting class which is actually now over for the year so ill be working out at home again. which also probably means ill update more often since i can log my workouts imediately following them.

As far as training goes, my deadlift has shot up, and bench has improved fairly well by my standards as well. i took a break from squatting for no reason other than laziness but that has changed the past couple weeks.

bench went up 20lbs since the last time i was on here i believe. im now putting up 265lbs
    my deadlift went from 405lbs to 435lbs
    and squatted 245x3 today @ 8-9rpe. so im probably maxing the same as i was 2months ago.
    i currently weigh 158lbs with a little less fat. abs are peaking through right now. hopefully they continue to become more defined. remember how i always say i need to do more ab work? ive been doing it regularly for two months and im seeing the progress. im dating an italian girl from a very italian family so ive been eating well lol. i credit her and her family for my abs and tone right now.

boxing

heavy bag-30ish min, punches and kicks lol

Wow. You're a ton stronger than you were before. Awesome work man. You're catching up to me, you bastard.
    "Donít fall for the crap that people are peddling on message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your **** in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesnít matter. Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? **** you. Iíve got scars and blood and vomit."
    Jim Wendler, 531 Method