The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Taught them dudes a lesson, lol!!

Heck yeah, dude! That is awesome! Not awesome that you were put in that situation, but awesome that you knew what to do and executed. Major props for that.

That's a sweet story. I got a few stories like that. I had an older girlfriend in high school so I took a lot of **** from the guys in her grade. It's good to hear you didn't back down from them.

Quote Originally Posted by brihead301 View Post
    Hell ya dude!!! That is an awesome story. Punk ass kids deserved an asswhoopin...
    i cant believe they tried picking a completely random fight and lost

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Taught them dudes a lesson, lol!!
    i better have

Quote Originally Posted by jbrin0tk View Post
    Heck yeah, dude! That is awesome! Not awesome that you were put in that situation, but awesome that you knew what to do and executed. Major props for that.
    Thanks bro. It still dont feel real. Those kids looked pretty roughed up when they left. Im happy i was able to use my disciplines easily. It felt natural almost.

Quote Originally Posted by Fighter_15 View Post
    That's a sweet story. I got a few stories like that. I had an older girlfriend in high school so I took a lot of **** from the guys in her grade. It's good to hear you didn't back down from them.
    I would have kept walking but one guy got in front and threw a punch

10min jog on treadmill at almost max speed

TJW
    Nice job teaching those guys a lesson. If your school is anything like mine was, you will be the talk of school tomorrow. Not an MMA fight, but I'm glad to see all your work is paying off.

Thanks bro. I feel like i got hit by a truck today. Grappling was tough as hell yesterday. My back, neck, and even abs are all sore. My technique felt pretty good. We got to roll for the last 25min of class and i was passing real easily and getting some good submissions even against guys who have a little more experience than me. Im picking this up pretty fast. Out of all the disciplines boxing is the hardest but im still picking it up pretty easy... i think.

im going to max on all my lifts on tuesday for the online comp. Im hoping for
    bench-210
    squat-260
    deadlift-320
    total-790
    Last edited by slashkills; 11-22-2009 at 10:43 AM.

TJW
    Glad to hear that all your MMA work is paying off and that you are picking it up quickly. Good luck with the virtual meet too. I wish I could have done it for fun, but I'd have to take a token squat and a light deadlift and my bench isn't impressive enough for me to do that. Don't forget to get the vids.

Vids are commming. Im hoping for some critiques in my journal on them as well if you guys wouldnt mind.

I just finished up a quantum physics project. This stuff is pretty cool. We are dealing with the quantum equation right now and learning about the progression of the atomic model. Its pretty interesting and easily my best subject right now.
    Last edited by slashkills; 11-22-2009 at 05:42 PM.

Sqwatz for comp
    warm ups
    135x5
    185x3
    205x1
    225x1
    245x1
    255x1
    265x1 solid 10lb PR read below for more info
    265x1 2ish inches high

vid of 255x1
    Video

I started recording the plates on the bar for my 265 attempt and then set my camera down on the bench behind me for the squat. I know i hit 265 the first time but when i looked at the vid my memory card on my crappy camera was full the second i got under the bar and started recording. I deleted some stuff and attempted it again. I was 2"ish high damnit. Im so pissed. I had it, **** technology
    Last edited by slashkills; 11-23-2009 at 04:00 PM.

Great squats man. Sucks about the camera but the 255 is solid.

TJW
    Nice PR man! Sucks that the camera screwed you over.

any critiques?

TJW
    Maybe try to get your elbows under the bar more. It seemed like you did a little "butt wink" too coming up. But then again, these are tips from a guy that hasn't squatted in quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorman2k6 View Post
    Maybe try to get your elbows under the bar more. It seemed like you did a little "butt wink" too coming up. But then again, these are tips from a guy that hasn't squatted in quite some time.
    thanks, ill work on both

Bench for comp
    135x5
    155x3
    185x1
    195x1
    200x1
    205x0-great off chest but completely fell apart 3-4" up
    205x1-grinder but i got it

Deads for comp
    135x8
    175x5
    225x1
    275x1
    295x1
    315x1-3plates 5lb PR i think

Notes: vids to come later. the 205 bench felt real good off my chest but my triceps just werent there. Im thinking about starting the 30lbs in 30days bench routine next week to finish out the year. The only thing thats making me think about it is having 3 pressing days per week on top of mma. Grappling sucks the life out of my bench.

You shoulda thrown on that extra 5lbs. on your deads so you could've hit that goal of 320! Still, though, awesome PR.

Glad you put the squat vid up man...looks good for both days.

TJW
    Nice work on the bench and deads. Getting a PR on 2 out of the 3 lifts is awesome. Not sure what to tell you on the 30lbs in 30 days routine. I did it before I started a journal here and it took my bench from 210ish to 225. It's a good routine, but I wasn't doing MMA on top of the workouts. Only thing I can suggest, is to ask on this site or elite and hope that someone gives you a good answer. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing the vids.

Nice dude! Everytime I look in here, I see another PR! Way to keep hittin it hard and heavy!
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

Quote Originally Posted by jbrin0tk View Post
    You shoulda thrown on that extra 5lbs. on your deads so you could've hit that goal of 320! Still, though, awesome PR.
    I was being a pussy. I had a sort of rough time locking out 315

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Glad you put the squat vid up man...looks good for both days.
    Thanks Coke!

Quote Originally Posted by gatorman2k6 View Post
    Nice work on the bench and deads. Getting a PR on 2 out of the 3 lifts is awesome. Not sure what to tell you on the 30lbs in 30 days routine. I did it before I started a journal here and it took my bench from 210ish to 225. It's a good routine, but I wasn't doing MMA on top of the workouts. Only thing I can suggest, is to ask on this site or elite and hope that someone gives you a good answer. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing the vids.
    Im gonna ask in the thread on here about doing both

Quote Originally Posted by brihead301 View Post
    Nice dude! Everytime I look in here, I see another PR! Way to keep hittin it hard and heavy!
    Thanks bro, im gonna keep fighting for bigger lifts

MMA
    30ish min of conditioning **** on my own-lots of gassers and sprints with some medicine ball circuts
    1 hour of boxing- i got partnered up with someone a lot more talented and skilled than me and he didnt take it easy on me in sparring. I picked up some good D skills though.

TJW
    Yeah, I forgot about the thread on here. The main reason I mentioned elite was because they have a sports training section and I remember seeing a guy ask about how to set up westside to work around his kickboxing. I'll check to see if I can find it because it would just be another option since you are currently on Westside.

Yea if you find it i would be interested in seeing that

Hey if you do ask someone on Elite, ask Rob Pilger. Rob knows his ****.

Thanks for the advice. I actually sent him a question like 5min ago.