The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Just hit 250lbs.

Just wanted to toot my own horn and since this is really the only section I post in, wanted to say I just finished bulking to 250lbs at 6'1". Now the long slow cut through the holidays - freaking brillant.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

yeah, you might as well bulk to 300 or a 45" waist which ever comes first.
    Last edited by dynamo; 10-08-2009 at 12:01 PM.
    My journal
    Goal(Current):
    400(335) Bench Press
    600(520x3 2xBW) Dead Lift
    500(495x1) ATG Squat
    Total: 1500(1350)
    365 Front Squat
    consistency and intensity.

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    Damn Bill, your a big fella...lol

you should post some pics..haha
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Quote Originally Posted by BigCorey75 View Post
    Damn Bill, your a big fella...lol

you should post some pics..haha
    I am going to, since I plan on getting down to 9-10% bf before my winter vacation some place sunny. Not bad for a DB - this is pretty heavy for me. Got to have a before and after pics.
    Last edited by BilltheButcher; 10-08-2009 at 12:11 PM.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

when you get to 9-10 you are going to look great. What % are you at roughly now?

Quote Originally Posted by Cirino83 View Post
    when you get to 9-10 you are going to look great. What % are you at roughly now?
    I believe 16-18%. I got a nice tire working - also I'm 36 yrs old. So gaining weight it real easy, it is losing that is a little hard for me.

Nice work! What are your plans for the cut?

Yeah I would really like to see pics if you don't mind taking the time to post them. I don't know how fast you plan on cutting but I think it's safe to say that it will take you quite a while to get down to your targeted bodyfat %.

The good thing though is that you're going to have a large amount of muscle that will start poking through that fat. Congrats on getting to 250lbs, hopefully you didn't have to deal with too many stretch marks.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    I believe 16-18%. I got a nice tire working - also I'm 36 yrs old. So gaining weight it real easy, it is losing that is a little hard for me.
    This is actually exteremly common myth, you will not have a harder time losing weight than a 22 year old your size.
    Congrats on the weight gain though, you can still cut down to a low BF% and be jacked.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Mercuryblade View Post
    This is actually exteremly common myth, you will not have a harder time losing weight than a 22 year old your size.
    Congrats on the weight gain though, you can still cut down to a low BF% and be jacked.
    When I was younger it just seemed to be so much easier for me to cut, but I was a hard gainer - I just couldn't physically eat enough. Then I hit 30 and it switched for me - I think it has a lot to do with work, sitting in front of a computer. But looking forward to seeing how dedicated I am to dieting this time around - the sweets are what kill me this time of year.

You were a DB? I always pictured you as a guy that had his hand in the ground. ****ing pussy!
    "You shall invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and kind enlightenment, and debate with them in the best possible manner. Your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path, and He knows best who are the guided ones."- Quran 16:25

"A life unexamined is not worth living"- Socrates

Footballer
    Woah, Woah, Woah, nothing wrong with DB's crazy K. and 250 is pretty big Bill. I was around 220 at the end of the summer and my coaches weren't happy. Did you happen to make it out when we played your Bulls last weekend?
    Calgary Stampeder!
    Formerly a CMU Chippewa!

Quote Originally Posted by BigRic View Post
    Woah, Woah, Woah, nothing wrong with DB's crazy K. and 250 is pretty big Bill. I was around 220 at the end of the summer and my coaches weren't happy. Did you happen to make it out when we played your Bulls last weekend?
    I was 200 FS in college. I did not but UB is definetly not the same team as last year. If you can still move and perform at 220 then screw them. CMU is having a great season looking forward to seeing how you guys do in the championship and possible bowl game. Keep it going.

Footballer
    UB is still a pretty tough team, their two mac losses are us and temple both very good teams.
    Calgary Stampeder!
    Formerly a CMU Chippewa!

Congrats on 250 man, lots of calories to get there I can imagine.

Good luck with the cut, I'll be right there in a few months when I hit my goal of 235.
    Don't asker for a light load, but a strong back.

JOURNAL

Best Meet Lifts @ 220 Raw:
    Squat - 475
    Bench - 355
    Dead - 500
    Total: 1330

Quote Originally Posted by BigRic View Post
    I'm just playing big guy But you dudes are the most annoying people to block ever. Why can't you just stand there and get hit like LB's and DL? Always had to do the log roll to get you out of the way.
    "You shall invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and kind enlightenment, and debate with them in the best possible manner. Your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path, and He knows best who are the guided ones."- Quran 16:25

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyK View Post
    I'm just playing big guy But you dudes are the most annoying people to block ever. Why can't you just stand there and get hit like LB's and DL? Always had to do the log roll to get you out of the way.
    I use to love hitting linemen, they were always slow and soft. I was like hitting a nice soft pillow. Seriously, I got placed at OLB for a few practices and it was actually a lot of fun, the only thing I had issues with were WR doing crack backs on me b/c I go laid out a couple of times and FB flying through the hole looking to kill someone. I can't remember one time where a OL rung my bell, now I got pancaked a ton, but never once I was like dam that guy hit me good.

Footballer
    Because it's hilarious to see a big fat o-line come flying up field thinking he's getting a third level block and you just slip him by. Out of all my favorites is probably the unexpected cut when we're rolled down for the 3 deep and they run a CT sweep. For some reason o-lineman always think you're going to set the edge with a button press, then you get em right below the knees and it's like watching a tree fall.
    Calgary Stampeder!
    Formerly a CMU Chippewa!

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    For some reason as a Big Ole Lineman I had good luck with clocking DB's and LB's in the open field.Ive missed my fair share as well but Ive taken a couple of them out of the games. I had a DB cut me on one play the next time i had a chance to hit him, i went low acted like i was going to cut and he went low, then i managed to jump over him lay out the safety behind him and our RB made one cut and took it 40 yards to the house, yeah that might have been the most athletic thing ive ever done...lol

I used to surprise LB's alot by knowing the field and blasting them in the chest, also I was pretty flexible and get very low and manager to ear hole them when they were going for my knees.

And I was not the softest lineman in the world, so cut the pillow hitting crap.....lol

Ah football how i miss thee
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

The reason why you two didn't get clocked is because we're afraid to run full speed at a vastly superior athlete in open field. That's why were taught to throw cut blocks in open field, roll like a log toward the db's legs and make him put his hands down to give enough time for the ball carrier to move

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamo View Post
    yeah, you might as well bulk to 300 or a 45" waist which ever comes first.
    Spoken like a true p**** afraid to actually eat...
    Last edited by Ben Moore; 10-09-2009 at 08:31 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    Just wanted to toot my own horn and since this is really the only section I post in, wanted to say I just finished bulking to 250lbs at 6'1". Now the long slow cut through the holidays - freaking brillant.
    Nice work Bill - good luck with the cut!

I always played with such fast backs that when pulling all I had to do was make the D-back try to avoid me. The back would adjust and run right by them. A few times I got them pretty good. Better to block linebackers or d-ends when pulling. In college I played tackle, so I rarely got to the d-backs. Mainly combo blocks and 1:1 with the d-end.

vastly superior athlete
    Nicely put.