Thread: P90x?

Hybrid View

P90x?

What is it? All the people in my dorm are constantly on it's nuts.

It's a fad right now alright... it swept through my workplace and has already left the building. Nobody has stuck with it.

Getting un-streamlined Progress's Avatar
    Dozens of threads on it. Do a search.

Tall Goofy and Gassy
    ive done 4 cycles of of that is one full year. I gained about 45lbs of muscle on it. Lost about the same amount of fat. Its not a fad. Its a bitch. I do 5 days of it and one day of bench. I think once people do atleast one month of it they wont say anything bad about it. Most people dont understand it so they bad mouth it. Its all about full body conditioning and structure. I need that structure in my work outs. Without it i would slack off and lose count of time. I view it as a gate way drug of workout programs because you learn so many good workout habits and techniques and it opens you up to different works of fitness. Infact it led me here! Because I wanted to go to the next level of fitness and put size on me.You wont get huge on P90x. Thats not what its about. But you will get seriously fit on it and very well balanced body wise since it works out every frickin muscle you have. I started my 5th cycle last month and I plan on doing atleast 9 months of P90x every year for some time. Its nice not having to hit the gym every night and having to deal with the time wasters that inhabit gyms during the night. All I need is my pull up bar, adjustable dumbells (mandatory because to switch weights very fast to keepup with the people on the video)and push up bars. Also,the people on the video are regular people that did the program. No ringers. There is a tiny little german girl that still kicks my ass. I do the classic program. Its the most weight heavy program and I do about 8-10 reps and do the heaviest weights I can muster. It got me in shape to do my first triathalon this year. I wasnt even tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whuditdew View Post
    Last edited by TallRob; 10-12-2009 at 09:03 PM.

I don't mean fad as in it is ****. I mean fad as in it is all the rage, it's the latest and greatest.

Was that triathlon an Ironman, Sprint, or Olympic? I don't see P90X shaping someone up for an Ironman.
    Last edited by ZenFitness; 10-12-2009 at 09:03 PM.

Tall Goofy and Gassy
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenFitness View Post
    I don't mean fad as in it is ****. I mean fad as in it is all the rage, it's the latest and greatest.

Was that triathlon an Ironman, Sprint, or Olympic? I don't see P90X shaping someone up for an Ironman.
    Its beenout for about 7 years now. Yes,there are several people I know personally that do iron man and use p90x to get ready for it,.

I did olympic, long beach triathalon and Malibu this year
    Last edited by TallRob; 10-12-2009 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whuditdew View Post
    It is an at-home workout program performed mostly with bodyweight exercises and light dumbells. There is a mix of weight training, cardiovascular exercise, and stretching. The program also includes a diet.

P90X would be a good choice for someone with general fitness goals who is not interested in training at a gym for whatever reason. It is not meant for bodybuilding or powerlifting and has more of a focus on simply being healthy and fit.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 220 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Thus I Refute Thee !!!! Bodyguard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mutaffis View Post
    It is an at-home workout program performed mostly with bodyweight exercises and light dumbells. There is a mix of weight training, cardiovascular exercise, and stretching. The program also includes a diet.

P90X would be a good choice for someone with general fitness goals who is not interested in training at a gym for whatever reason. It is not meant for bodybuilding or powerlifting and has more of a focus on simply being healthy and fit.
    I second the motion.
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 238

All lifts are raw:

Bench: 325(max)
    Squat: 510(max)
    Dead lift: 500(max)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mutaffis View Post

Thats a perfect explanation of p90x.
    Success is achieved by doing a little more than you thought you could, and a lot more than anyone else.

I know a few on it and they are trim and in shape. Like Tom said, if general fitness is your goal, then it's not a bad choice.
    Give chalk a chance.

49 years old

665 squat
    700 deadlift
    325 bench

so far all the people I know on it are bean poles. Lack any muscle whatsoever but don't have a lot of fat on them either. I shouldn't knock on it too bad, because cardiovascular exercise like that can really help you to be healthy.

P90X is great if your goal is to lose weight. It is a good workout program buld mostly on conditioning work.

If you are a skinny bastard and have physique goals it might not be your best option.