The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Supplements

Hybrid View

Supplements

I re-ordered from At Large too late and ran out of protein, so I stopped at a local supplement shop on the way home from work. The kid behind the counter was selling all these "supps" to a medium sized guy that wanted to get "big and strong".

They were discussing how to take the supps and how to lift to get big and strong. They turned to me and asked what my goals were. I mentioned that I'm concentrating on strength and size will follow. The guy buying the supps asked me about getting big and strong and how I've done it, especially since "you're a bit older" (thanks for the reminder!). I told them the only "supplements" I take are a daily multiple, an extra 500 mg of vitamin C and a couple of fish oil caps each day. He commented that I should be taking all the crap he's buying. I told him that's fine and dandy if you want to spend that extra, hard-earned cash, but I'd bet him that if he trained with me and ate like I did, he wouldn't need all to spend the dough.

"Well, I'm in my low 30's and you can't put on much size after that," is what he said next. I was a bit shocked and let them know that I'd put on nearly all of my size after the age of 40 by eating and lifting heavy without any supps.

He didn't believe me and ended up spending over $400. To each his own, but he, like most, want a quick fix and don't want to put in the time and effort to eat and train hard. I'm sure he'll be back in there in a few months buying the same stuff and being the same size.

OH WELL.
    Give chalk a chance.

49 years old

665 squat
    700 deadlift
    325 bench

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

People seem to believe what they want to believe, and also really buy into stuff if a man behind a GNC counter is selling it. It's a shame that a lot of people are too naive about supplements.
    Name: Justin Height: 6'2" Weight: 205 lbs. Age: 25

"Pick the right door, and you'll go free ... pick the wrong door, and there he'll be ..."

"It's the most fun in the park, when you're laughing in the dark!"