The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas

This is Disgusting

I'm normally not in favor of trying teenage kids as adults but in this case id make an exception

http://news.aol.com/article/michael-...11-tape/719663

this is just absolutely brutal, something is seriously wrong with these kids
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I would starve them to death. They deserve to be tortured for the rest of their lives.
    Do what needs to be done.

Every time I was in the hole I swear a turd kissed my underwear. - Hatred
    I love snatch. I think I'm addicted to it. - Stray
    I like a woman I can climb - Jinkies
    Personally ... I'm a vagitarian - Brawl
    I don't box, but I'll have a dance off with any of you tools. When I get all my 230 lbs shaking and grooving you bet your a$$es you'll get served. - BilltheButcher

That is really ****ed up.
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

I believe in situations like this criminals should be forced to experience exactly what they did to the victim.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Working toward the next.
    I dont usually feel sick to my stomach after reading a news story..

Words fail me right now.

eye for an eye would apply well here

Quote Originally Posted by Invain View Post
    I believe in situations like this criminals should be forced to experience exactly what they did to the victim.
    Quote Originally Posted by twm View Post
    eye for an eye would apply well here
    This kind of hardcore macho **** never ceases to amuse me. I would lay cash that neither of you have the constitution to mete out that sort of punishment.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

for trying to save his dad's bike? anything less than life in prison would make a mockery of the criminal justice system. that poor kids life is ruined now.
    stats:Bench: 285 goal: 305
    squat: 390 goal: 420
    dead: 405 goal: 445
    weight and height: 230, 6'2 age:18
    No strength within, no respect without.
    "Strength is not your physical capacity, its your indomitable will." http://freddy56.mybrute.com

Quote Originally Posted by VikingWarlord View Post
    This kind of hardcore macho **** never ceases to amuse me. I would lay cash that neither of you have the constitution to mete out that sort of punishment.
    Lol. You're right I could never bring myself to do it, but I still believe it would be the fairest punishment.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

put me in the legal position to do it and you would lose your bet

If it was my kids or a loved one I wouldn't think twice. Actually, not to sound like an internet tough guy, I would let each one of these kids parents know that at some point I was going to exact my revenge. It may not be this week or this month or this year, but just so they know I was going to let them feel the pain, I am feeling.

I'd love to be an executioner for these little brats, and tons of other POS around the country.
    Name: Justin Height: 6'2" Weight: 205 lbs. Age: 25

"Pick the right door, and you'll go free ... pick the wrong door, and there he'll be ..."

"It's the most fun in the park, when you're laughing in the dark!"

This was being discussed on a local radio show here in Cleveland on my way home from work.

Tell you what, when I first heard it, I was surprisingly NOT shocked by the whole thing. I suppose anymore I am just resigned to the fact that humanity in general is cocked up beyond belief and cannot be repaired. Call me a pessimist... but things like this just prove to me I'm a realist.

When I heard the tape of the kid screaming, I thought to myself that I hope those kids burn, too. Either that, or die a slow and painful death in some fashion or another. Feels kind of awkward wishing that on young kids, but there are certain situations where I think human remorse goes out the window. This, obviously, is one.

Rape their souls imo.
    "You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it come true. You may have to work for it, however." - Richard Bach

I'm not even sure its a good thing this kid lived. Dear lord.
    Roll Tide.

Daddy K.
    You know what alot of us would say its the kids fault which it is no one should ever do that. They underlaying problem here just like in all the U.S. is that parents these days ****ing suck and don't know how to raise children right so they wouldn't do stupid **** like this and grow up to be nothing and pregnant at 13 and lifetime of drug use. Parents along with there stupid idiot kids should all be put away!!!

Doesn't mean the criminals still don't deserve it .

Gamer/Lifter
    Yup, I agree disgusting.
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    "It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Wannabebig New Member
    I say keep them alive and make everyone of them do 10,000 hours of community service at a burn unit .

Thats 5 years of full time work or 10 years of part time . They will be ready for society after that .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

+1

The problem here is that some kid was lit on fire and apparently what some of you guys can't wrap your head around is that by perpetuating this sort of cruelty you are just reinforcing the idea that it's acceptable behavior.

What I'm curious about is whether the parents of the kids who did it are going to do. If it seemed obvious that your kid lit another kid on fire over a video game would you still defend your child?

I suppose it would depend on their age but the older they are the more likely I would be to let them accept responsibility by themselves.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Each of the five kids involved in this incident has a juvenile record. In other words, they have already shown they have no respect for society or the law, and why should they? Everyday we see or hear about incidents where the perpetrators face no recourse from the law. Speed, refuse to sign a ticket, argue with an officer, fight with an officer, get tazed, have your charges dropped, collect $40,000. Watch how many people run through red lights while a patrol sits there and does nothing. Go to WalMart and get verbally abused by some cow of a woman that cuts in front of you at the fuel pump. What can you do? Nothing, because it seems as if perpetrators are protected and victims are punished.

People are no longer responsible for their own actions. There are no repercussions for bad behavior, rudeness, or even criminal activities... at least not until something is so heinous we are forced to deal with it. But then again our society is defined by that very principle - we don't get involved until the situation screams for attention. Then we come up with some type of knee jerk reaction that is often way out of proportion with the event that took place. In other words, look for a ban on rubbing alcohol and lighters in the future.

This is not the first heinous crime done by kids, nor will it be the last. For the children involved in this particular crime it is probably too late. Only one showed any remorse whatsoever. The others, they actually laughed about what they had done. They are already too broken to ever be reintroduced to society. Instead, society will probably pay to keep these five incarcerated for a very long, long time to come. Five more souls that will only ever be a drain on society without ever giving anything back...

Quote Originally Posted by d'Anconia View Post
    The problem here is that some kid was lit on fire and apparently what some of you guys can't wrap your head around is that by perpetuating this sort of cruelty you are just reinforcing the idea that it's acceptable behavior.
    I think it's acceptable as a punishment. Eye for an eye.

"Pick the right door, and you'll go free ... pick the wrong door, and there he'll be ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Beast View Post
    I think it's acceptable as a punishment. Eye for an eye.
    And you're welcome to your opinion. Just don't pretend that it's consistent.

What these kids did is pretty ****ed up, I'll admit. It's an interesting question to ask at what point a person becomes responsible for what they have done and can no longer blame their past history. I personally think that people who commit terrible crimes like these are already tortured inside and that society should at least be trying to figure out ways to consistently rehabilitate these people so that they can at least contribute to society before their time on Earth is ended.

I realize not everyone is so sympathetic though. I think we can all agree that burn injuries are some of the worst that a person can sustain.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Quote Originally Posted by d'Anconia View Post
    And you're welcome to your opinion. Just don't pretend that it's consistent.

What these kids did is pretty ****ed up, I'll admit. It's an interesting question to ask at what point a person becomes responsible for what they have done and can no longer blame their past history. I personally think that people who commit terrible crimes like these are already tortured inside and that society should at least be trying to figure out ways to consistently rehabilitate these people so that they can at least contribute to society before their time on Earth is ended.

I realize not everyone is so sympathetic though. I think we can all agree that burn injuries are some of the worst that a person can sustain.
    You're welcome to your opinion too, although I don't recall ever pretending anything regarding consistency. I've been pretty straightforward regarding punishment.

Honestly though, I think you're too optimistic about criminals being rehabilitated and giving back to society. Sorry dude, but there's people out there that are just sheer evil with no guilt or remorse. Why waste time trying to help them when they can easily be eliminated?

Some might call it punishment others might call it a correction... problem is most people life a live where neither happens. No repercussions for their actions until they do something really, really awful. Even then there is someone out there trying to get them off the hook, making excuses for what they did, trying to minimize the consequences of their crimes.

On the other hand you have some people that are just plain screwed up. Their parents might have tried everything they knew how to do. The kid or kids might have been punished every single time the parents discovered they had strayed, but due to a lack of remorse, guilt, or conscience it had no effect.

Either way, what happened is truly awful and the time for cuddling, hand wringing, sessions with the shrink, what have you, is over. It is time for punishment. If you want to try rehabilitation too, give it a shot. But I feel these kids gave up the right to be part of society when they tried to burn a kid to death and have shown absolutely no remorse, none, zip, zilch, nada. Instead, they laughed about it when being questioned by officers.

That is a pretty broken individual that needs never be reintroduced into society. If their victim dies from his burns, there is a chance most of them will never leave prison. If the poor soul makes it (lets face it, it will never be a full recovery), those psychopaths will be unleashed upon us again, older, more lethal, better educated criminals.
    Last edited by Tim K; 10-19-2009 at 07:10 AM.