Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marajuana and Weight Training?

Marajuana and Weight Training?

has anybody ever combined the 2?

is this a big no-no?

Im not a stoner, just smoke it occasionally, but I find when im stoned I become alot more aware of my body and can focus purely on my lifting instead of lifting while being distracted by other things and not listening to my body.

for a while iv been noticing iv been getting the urge to train while most people would be playing xbox or eating a multipack of doritos infront of the tv

i also dont get the urge to over-train or train to failure, or push myself more than i should, something i do far too often when im sober, and then i can easily stuff my face with more than the needed calories after, taking advantage of "the munchies".

am i committing a major sin?

Crap...can we move this?
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Tall Goofy and Gassy
    pot descreases testosterone production, adrenalin and increases estrogen production...........puff away if you want moobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Banger View Post
    has anybody ever combined the 2?

is this a big no-no?

Im not a stoner, just smoke it occasionally, but I find when im stoned I become alot more aware of my body and can focus purely on my lifting instead of lifting while being distracted by other things and not listening to my body.

for a while iv been noticing iv been getting the urge to train while most people would be playing xbox or eating a multipack of doritos infront of the tv

i also dont get the urge to over-train or train to failure, or push myself more than i should, something i do far too often when im sober, and then i can easily stuff my face with more than the needed calories after, taking advantage of "the munchies".

am i committing a major sin?

Quote Originally Posted by TallRob View Post
    pot descreases testosterone production.
    this is what i heard, didnt know if it was true or not

I have moved this post to General Chat.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 220 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Wannabebig Member
    pot descreases testosterone production, adrenalin and increases estrogen production...........puff away if you want moobs.
    LMAO. But it's true. It may not happen overnight, but chronic pot smoking over a period of years will definitely cause gyno.

Pics or it didn't happen.

I've been smoking for 11 years. No bitch tits here. I smoke daily. At the very least. QFT.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

These effects are extremely minimal......

OP I know a few people that swear they can have great sessions while baked. Personally it seems like a terrible idea, when I smoke lifting weights is the last thing I wanna do and I always feel fairly weak when I'm baked.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

I cannot for the life of me get baked and then go lift. On the other hand, lifting followed by a nice baking session = win imo.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Quote Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
    I cannot for the life of me get baked and then go lift. On the other hand, lifting followed by a nice baking session = win imo.
    In full agreement here. I am baked almost every night and it has yet to affect my training.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Gamer/Lifter
    IT'll help with the bulking phase.
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    "It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Quote Originally Posted by Nik00117 View Post
    IT'll help with the bulking phase.
    I had a lot of stomach problems last winter and for a few months smoking at night was the only way I could get in enough cals for my bulk.

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Every study I've seen that talks about decreased test, moobs, etc. had subjects that ingested incredible quantities.

I doubt the occasional puff on the weekends is going to have significant if any impacts on your gains.

Besides, you know what else decreases testosterone? Stress. If an occasional joint helps keep you calm, I say go for it.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

i'm just waiting for the anti-marijuana nazis to come out of the woodworks.
    stats:Bench: 285 goal: 305
    squat: 390 goal: 420
    dead: 405 goal: 445
    weight and height: 230, 6'2 age:18
    “No strength within, no respect without.”
    "Strength is not your physical capacity, its your indomitable will." http://freddy56.mybrute.com

I don't smoke pot anymore but did for quite a while. I don't see how it'd be bad for your gains, but yeah, don't get baked before working out. :/

Weird thing is pot never made me hungry. And I quit smoking because I realized most people who smoke are boring when they're high and even more boring when they're not.
    Last edited by Southern Beast; 09-25-2009 at 02:33 PM.
    Name: Justin Height: 6'2" Weight: 205 lbs. Age: 25

"Pick the right door, and you'll go free ... pick the wrong door, and there he'll be ..."

"It's the most fun in the park, when you're laughing in the dark!"

Gamer/Lifter
    Waiting....

I don't smoke pot anymore but did for quite a while. I don't see how it'd be bad for your gains, but yeah, don't get baked before working out. :/

Weird thing is pot never made me hungry. And I quit smoking because I realized most people who smoke are boring when they're high and even more boring when they're not.
    That's all
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    "It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

rawr no marijuana for you rawr
    My journal
    Goal(Current):
    400(335) Bench Press
    600(520x3 2xBW) Dead Lift
    500(495x1) ATG Squat
    Total: 1500(1350)
    365 Front Squat
    consistency and intensity.

i noticed that after taking a long break from mj then returning, my endurance was affected. I eventually i got sick of it. life is too short to be passing the time

Quote Originally Posted by backseatwitme13 View Post
    I'll probably qualify according to you...

Let me just start by expressing my disappointment that marijuana threads always seem, almost without exception, to be among the most popular threads on the forum...

Marijuana will do absolutely nothing positive for your training. Yes, it will stimulate appetite, but do you really need that? Yes, maybe you will be a little bit more creative, but how many of us can say that 'what I really need in my training is to be more creative'?

Not being fully present when I'm stepping out of the rack with a heavy barbell on my back is the absolutely last thing I want to be. I suppose if all you're not doing heavy lifting, and no overhead lifting, then it's probably not that dangerous, but, if that's the case, how productive is your training really?

JMO. You may now commence with the flaming.
    Last edited by Sensei; 09-26-2009 at 06:58 AM.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I'll probably qualify according to you...

Let me just start by expressing my disappointment that marijuana threads always seem, almost without exception, to be among the most popular threads on the forum...

Marijuana will do absolutely nothing positive for your training. Yes, it will stimulate appetite, but do you really need that? Yes, maybe you will be a little bit more creative, but how many of us can say that 'what I really need in my training is to be more creative'?

Not being fully present when I'm stepping out of the rack with a heavy barbell on my back is the absolutely last thing I want to be. I suppose if all you're not doing heavy lifting, and no overhead lifting, then it's probably not that dangerous, but, if that's the case, how productive is your training really?

JMO. You may now commence with the flaming.
    I think weightlifting while high on pot is a horrible idea as well... I can't see it being a benefit. Appetite stimulation can help but I don't think smoking when ever you need to get hungry is a healthy habit to get in to.

A friend of mine did intervals while high. He took some weed oil and we ran. He did quite well but he was so high he forgot all his numbers and how long he was waiting between runs. I think he did more than he was suppose to just to make sure he hit his quota lol.

Leave pot for jam sessions and nature documentaries I say.
    Last edited by BFGUITAR; 09-26-2009 at 10:59 AM.
    Brad08 has some insight for people who don't understand... anything.
    This is so ****ing ******ed it's almost beyond belief. So, if you eat 3k, you will automatically gain 3k worth of fat or muscle? Incredible. And here I am eating all this food, yet maintaining my weight. Fascinating.

You're one of those pussies that counts his almonds I bet.

Pot causes horrible effects like hysteria, anger, and extreme paranoia in people who don't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by galileo View Post
    Pot causes horrible effects like hysteria, anger, and extreme paranoia in people who don't use it.
    Lmao

Why hasn't anyone linked this yet?

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52153

Quote Originally Posted by CleverName View Post
    that thread was soooo 5 years ago.
    stats:Bench: 285 goal: 305
    squat: 390 goal: 420
    dead: 405 goal: 445
    weight and height: 230, 6'2 age:18
    “No strength within, no respect without.”
    "Strength is not your physical capacity, its your indomitable will." http://freddy56.mybrute.com