Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Arrogantly Opposing Reality

Week off last week, feeling better about going into train. Last week I just wanted to sleep, thats it. sleep.

Oh, and Hams. Hams and Turkeys. Turkeys and Hams. Hams and Turkeys. Turkeys and Hams. Hams and Turkeys. Turkeys and Hams. Hams and Turkeys. Turkeys and Hams. Hams and Turkeys. Turkeys and Hams. Hams and Turkeys. Turkeys and Hams. Hams and Turkeys. Turkeys and Hams. Hams and Turkeys. Turkeys and Hams. Hams and Turkeys. Turkeys and Hams. Hams and Turkeys. Turkeys and Hams. Hams and Turkeys. Turkeys and Hams .Hams and Turkeys. Turkeys and Hams .Hams and Turkeys. Turkeys and Hams .Hams and Turkeys. Turkeys and Hams. Hams and Turkeys. Turkeys and Hams. Hams and Turkeys. Turkeys and Hams. Hams and Turkeys. Turkeys and Hams. Hams and Turkeys. Turkeys and Hams. Hams and Turkeys. Turkeys and Hams.....Hams and Turkeys. Turkeys and Hams.Hams and Turkeys. Turkeys and Hams .Hams and Turkeys. Turkeys and Hams.Hams and Turkeys. Turkeys and Hams.Hams and Turkeys. Turkeys and Hams.Hams and Turkeys. Turkeys and HamsHams and Turkeys. Turkeys and Hams.Hams and Turkeys. Turkeys and HamsHams and Turkeys. Turkeys and HamsHams and Turkeys. Turkeys and Hams.Hams and Turkeys. Turkeys and Hams.Hams and Turkeys. Turkeys and Hams.Hams and Turkeys. Turkeys and Hams.HamsandturksHamsandturks.Hamsandturks.Hamsandturks.Hamsandturks.Hamsandturks.Hamsandturks.Hamsa ndturksHamsandturksHamsandturksHamsandturksHamsandturksHamsandturksHamsandturksturkishhamsturkishham sturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhams turkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamst urkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamstu rkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamstur kishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturk ishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturki shhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkis hhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkish hamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishh amsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishha msturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishham sturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhamsturkishhams handthandthandthandthandthandthandthandthandthandthandthandthandthandthathathathathathathathathathat hathathathathathathathathathathathathathathathathat.

Wannabebig Member
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    You may be starting to lose it my good sir.

I could imagine as a Butcher it's going abso-****ing-lutely mental around this time of year. Enjoy the OT pay?
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

Good job on the squats!!

Hey, what are your short term goals at the moment then? Do you have a comp lined up?
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

ME Lower

Seemed like a good idea to get in a practice pulling, feeling good about them over the last 2 months or so - really working on form.

Worked upto a PR of 460 with a hitch, but I'll take it for now.

Then I did some GHR, mid back and some pull throughs. In and out in around 50 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by -RL- View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    You may be starting to lose it my good sir.
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of Christmas work.

Quote Originally Posted by tomv View Post
    I could imagine as a Butcher it's going abso-****ing-lutely mental around this time of year. Enjoy the OT pay?
    Twas. I ended up with around 4k for the Christmas+New years week, getting paid in cash was a bit of a joke though - Gets hard trying to shut my wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Clough View Post
    Good job on the squats!!

Hey, what are your short term goals at the moment then? Do you have a comp lined up?
    Thanks Dan! I'm going to do the Australian National as an amatuer. I'm looking for a 200/210/220 kg Squat, 155/160/170 kg bench and a 220/230/240 Deadlift. So, if I hit all openers it will be a 100kg + PR total.

Stick around folks, things might get interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford Gillmore View Post
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of Christmas work.

Twas. I ended up with around 4k for the Christmas+New years week, getting paid in cash was a bit of a joke though - Gets hard trying to shut my wallet.
    I could think of worse problems to have :P.
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

ME Bench

Okay, So I got into the the untoucable METAL X-Type today without any help or assistance, sleeves are just perfect for my arms.

Went

bar x 10 x 2
    135 x 10
    180 x 5
    225 x 3
    Add Shirt
    350/360r whatever it was. No touches, but the weights are locking out. 360 was a little rough. But I'd like to get into the 400 club soon.

Quote Originally Posted by tomv View Post
    I could think of worse problems to have :P.
    Yeah, I went to lend a guy 20$ but I just kept pulling out $100's, I was angry - I think he felt my pain

... 360 was a little rough. But I'd like to get into the 400 club soon.
    You will get past the 400 mark, keep on it.

The Highland Brawler Geometheus's Avatar
    nice journal ....

keeps reading ....

How long before your comp?
    ~G~
    Best Raw Lifts Former/Current: 445/505 SQ, 425/345 BP, 530/425 DL
    My training log.... on the way back up with new focus
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=130681

Metal X type? I don't think I have even heard of that shirt. Nice benching though champ, 400 club is within reach.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Monday ME Bench

Warm ups, reps and stuff.

Ended up with 330 in the Metal shirt last night, it was around 42C so the elements are not with me. Did my workout then another crew came in and I did their workout which was 135+ band tension. I think I ended up with 135+ double light+double minis. I feel quite beat up haha.

I'm trying to get online a bit more, but I seem to be doing more and more crap around the house!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    You will get past the 400 mark, keep on it.
    Thanks coke

Quote Originally Posted by Geometheus View Post
    nice journal ....

keeps reading ....

How long before your comp?
    I THINK the Pro/AM nationals is in August, no word on if my federation is putting an AM meet on before then. All that I know of is a pro bench in March, but the qualifier for that was 440.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidior View Post
    Metal X type? I don't think I have even heard of that shirt. Nice benching though champ, 400 club is within reach.
    Its an IPF shirt, stretchy back, small chest-plate. I can get it on/off my self, and my biggest carry-over has been over 130lbs

Thanks to the guys that lurk my journal waiting for something cool to happen!

LuNa
    Thanks to the guys that lurk my journal waiting for something cool to happen!
    *waits*

Where aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare you?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

ME Bench

405lbs to 4 board
    380 to 3 board.

Peace and love and good happiness stuff

Video

Just a reminder.

Wed DE

Bench + Chains

Sunday ME

3 - boards, upto 396 for 1 x 1 x 3

All crap. ALL CRAP. However, I'm playing with a bit more weight than I thought I was going to leading into this next comp. I really only planned to bench 308. In no small part due to the new crew I have started to train with, who's names and location shall be kept secret.

Wednesday;

DE Bench

Bar x 20
    90 x 10
    135 x 3
    135 + 2 Chains per side x 3
    180 + 2 Chains per side x 3 Little bit slow

My wrist/forearm has been giving me grief since I did the 440lbs rack lockouts on sunday, I've been casting my wrist the way the George showed me and it helped alot. Felt good to get the blood moving around in there.

DB presses

95's x 7
    95's x 6
    95's x 5

DiCenzo Rows x 15 x 3

Seated cable rows x 10 x 3

Pretty quick session, it was about 9pm when I got it so I had to rush it. I'm going to try and start keeping a more detailed log again, I have NO idea what I've been upto the last while

ME Bench

Bit of waiting around today as I got to the gym about 15 minutes earlier than everyone else.

Dislocates

Bench

Bar x Alot
    90 x 10
    135 x 10
    180 x 5
    220 x 3

Add 3 - board

264 x 5
    308 x 2

Add Metal X-Type

376 x 2 First good, second bad.

Down to 2 - board
    376 x 2 First good, second miss? PR
    376 x 2 Same

Down to one board

376 x 1 Good pause, didn't hold it at lock out though PR

Floor Press + Chains 135 x 10, 5, 7 then strip set chains

Key Press 3 sets, unknown reps.

Face pulls x 25, 12, 12

Done. Busy in the gym today, which is really strange for a sunday at 12pm.... Hopefully winter scares everyone else off, don't get me wrong I like to chat - but I really need to focus on ME days.

Not training at Muscle Pit anymore, boofhead? Still over in Perth?
    My Journal

Still training at Muscle Pit, Still in Perth ginger ninja.

Don't hate, appreciate.
    My Journal

Love you.

Did a quick rehab tonight, well about 1/2 an hour of pressing ultra wide with just the bar and some high rep band push downs. My front delts are beat to ****, probally from all of the unloading and deloading of plates on Sunday.

The gym is too ****ing busy on a monday night, I really hope some of the extra members payments go towards a new bench. Something with a nice 12" pad would be nice.

DE Bench

Warm Ups

Bench

Bar x A billion
    90 x 10
    135 x 3
    150 x 3 Close Grip
    150 x 3 Close Grip
    150 x 3 Close Grip
    150 x 3 Medium Grip
    150 x 3 Medium Grip
    150 x 3 Medium Grip
    150 x 3 Comp Grip
    150 x 3 Comp Grip
    150 x 3 Comp Grip

DB Bench

90's x 7
    90's x 7 set PR
    90's x 7 set PR

JM Press

60lbs I ended up with, after getting the form right.

CSR

Empty x 10
    1 Plate x 10
    2 Plates x 10
    2 Plates x 10
    2 Plates x 10

Rest Pause

Band Push downs

Mini band x 80

Face Pulls

1/4 stack x 25
    3/4 stack x 10

Cross Body Curls

Who cares?

Feeling a little slow in the bench, in part due to my right elbow being a little tender. By the time I got to the wide grips I was warmed up, I may have to invest in some elbow sleeves. I think I could use a little more weight, but not much more. Hopefully this sundays session will yeild some good results, If I can get 376 to touch and I press it cleanly for a few singles I'll be happy.

The gym is too ****ing busy on a monday night, I really hope some of the extra members payments go towards a new bench. Something with a nice 12" pad would be nice.
    Monday is international bench day you know! Join in!!!

ME Bench

Bench

Bar x 20
    90 x 10
    135 x 10
    180 x 5
    220 x 5
    270 x 1 PR, miss on the second. George had me do this, surprized me!

Add 3-board

308 x 2 Form was really bad with these, didn't keep tight or arch up
    308 x 2 Slightly better

Add Metal X-Type
    Add 2 - board

350 x 1

Add 1-board

363 x 1

Remove Boards

363 x 1 PR Needed to catch momentum of shirt
    375 x miss

Floor Press

Bar + Quad minis x 10
    135 + Quad minis x 6
    135 + Quad minis x 6
    135 + Quad minis x 6

Face Pulls

Half stack x 10
    Half stack x 10
    7/8 stack x 10

Two PRs in the same session, I'm not going to complain. I still feel like I should be able to do more, there is ALOT of things going wrong with my technique that shouldn't be happening. I'm going to spend alot of time on Wednesday working on flaring, arching and keeping my air.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Clough View Post
    Monday is international bench day you know! Join in!!!
    I hate international Bench Day.