155x8
    down sets
    65x10 95x10x10 75x10x10

pullups with bw 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 10

Very strong pull for being sick.

deadlift day
    5x365
    5x420
    10x480 this is actually a ten lbl pr on my 5 weeks but usually when i do my fives i run into a problem. one day i had to use the restroom so had to stop other day my leg drive was shot from pulling a heavy sumo pull on the deload squat day before it. so this is a sorta pr. my best projected max with this stuff has been 650 and this one projects at 640 so my strength is almost back to full bore or atleast close to where it was. p.s. the last rep was ugly...not from being totally exhausted but more of a mental thing. it also seems that on the last rep of every set i'll stop the weight on the ground for about two seconds, then i reset, and then the rep looks ugly? really think i need to do some speed sets to dial in my form.

downsets practicing hook grip
    225x10 225x10 275x10 275x10 hook grip is kinda fun but at the same time kinda a pain i'd like to switch to this grip within 5 months.

land mines (just counting plates on bar) 45x10 70x10 45x10

well my thoughts on this lift..hmmm..it was decent i have a little injury in my mid upper back that's been bugging me but no major deal. the uglyness of the last rep bugged me but oh well. i'm really hoping for a 650 conventional raw when i pull next.

well i havne't posted my training lately because it's been so massively screwed up. today was first time doing a real session in a while. i will be starting smolov i believe next week and will probly use a DE/ME approach for bench

benchpress
    190 x5
    225x5
    245x9(one rep pr)

incline bench 135x10 155x10x10x10 185x10 as you may be able to see i dont do this often

dunno how to explain this next movement but i'll try
    on the floor rolling dumbell extensions 35x10x10x10x10x10

straight bar curls 95x10 115x8 95x10 x10

Session looks very nice, stay strong bro.

today was some squats still debating whether to start smolov next week...we'll see..

3x315
    3x365
    9x405 wraps. not all were perfect depth because at first i didn't pay attention but this set was definently pretty easy and i coulda pushed out a few more if i wasn't going to do smolov and squat 4 days a week next week. i haven't had good training for 3weeks about so my conditioning/endurance was off...i was having difficulty breathing for 15 minutes atleast after this set lol. but it was easy. didn't even feel like i had weight on my back since i had 515 on me last week.

2 downsets of 225x10. basically just focused on sinking them and the second set i paused on the bottom of each rep.

quit after that because i still couldn't breath

this was day one of smolov squats! my actual max is more th an 515 but since i will not be using wraps and i want to be conservative enough to finish this program i shaved my starting numbers to a 480 max. i'm also trying this with a wide stance which i hope doesn't absolutely murder my hips.

smolov DAY 1!
    warmup worked on getting my low bar..lower? at light weights it was great a little harder to hit depth but much easier on my back but as it got heavier i found it infinitely harder to unrack and walk out.
    weight/sets/reps
    squats
    336x4x9

after the third set i was sick and took 10+ minutes to do my fourth set
    proceeding the fourth set i threw up..alot.

If you are changing your stance, than your max number really doesn't apply. You might be better off starting at 90% of your current max - i.e., 465 lbs and working off of that number. If it starts to kill your hips, you might want to look into some Inzer Groove briefs. They really don't add much to your poundages (less than wraps), but do help the hips.

When doing the bar low on my back, I set the rack to where it comes about to the middle of my chest or even a hair lower. Experiment with the height at which you take the bar out of the rack.

Good luck with your smolov! It looks killer.

no i'm using my normal stance it's just people usually don't run it as wide as i am (that i know of) my left hip is aching right now ehh. we'll see what happens.

de bench day...not very DE damn i got slow..

3 grips
    155x3x3x3 160x3x3x3 145x3x3 225x3 left bicep is giving me alot of pain...made speed hard..

kroc rows: left hand = 110x20(5rep pr) right hand= 120x23 (a 10 lbl and 3 rep pr)

hips feel a bit better. good enough to get to the gym tomorrow and squat..now to drive through a big snow storm to get to the gym..hmm..

on the floor rolling dumbell extensions 30lbx12x12x12x12
    super set with
    halbert rear delts thing 10x20 15x12 20 x12

smolov squat session number 2!

well i got a nice bruise on my rear delts from all the squatting i've been doing which was pretty nice actually because i knew exactly where to get the bar...right where it hurts .
    beside that i have something wrong with my left bicep which is making every workout i do a pain, quite literally...it's not even the squats that are giving me trouble finishing the workout it's the bicep pain they are causing me. when it's at it's worst lifting a 5 lbl plate hurts and i need to psyche up to even grip the bar with my left hand. well that's enough of my complaining let's get to the nightmare on smolov street.

sets/reps/weight in lbs
    5x7x360

these weren't hard really just the bicep pain sucked. no puking today either! score one! skipped ab work again...probly not a good habit but it takes everything in me just to finish the lift because of my arm pain. i think imma just go to do standing abs with an average band, or maybe some kneeling ab roller i would do them standing but i don't have the balls in me to destroy my abs two days from my next squat session.

also i've been sinking my squats to as low as my body goes i'm not sure if my butt is tucking slightly but it's hurting my low back and giving it one of those painful pumps..any advice with this would be appreciated.

Wannabebig Member
    Nice Lifts Man!

Those are some huge deads

ME bench

floor press225x5, 275x2 285x1 295x0 275x1x1x1

incline dumbell press 60x12x12x11

pulldown machine thing (plate loaded) few sets of 10 then about 5 easy sets of 6
    ^
    super set with

facepulls 3 sets of 20

legs feel great. so ready to squat tomorrow. right now smolov is feeling like a pleasant dream

smolov squat session number 3!

warmup then to the work sets.

sets/reps/weight
    7x5x385 these were all fairly easy! easiest day so far.

bicep hurt less today after following some tips on wannabebig forums. thank you guys! the pinky under trick + a slightly wider grip helped alot.

actually had the energy to do...
    5-6 sets of 10 on the ab crunch machine, worked up to a heavy 10

felt good. my left hip is kinda bummed but that's normal for me after squatting.

smolov squat session number 4! last one of the week woo!

was ready to get in the gym and tear up some iron.

i warmed up and the low bar felt a little better than usual. i might be getting used to it. one problem with today though was my arm really flared up and was very bad until towards the end of squats.

sets/reps/weight
    10x3x410

my last 3 sets were the strongest because i actually kicked myself in the ass and used some power on the reps.

yet again left hip is bummed but not a warning sign type of bummed more of a yer an ******* for making me squat so much kinda bummed.

one day off and back to squatting. can't wait.

AHHH HAHAHAHAAH <MUWAHAHAHA BWUAHAHAA (my maniacle dr. evil laugh!)

this was the easiest day so far! oh and better yet my left arm didn't flare up at alllllll. also i got my rehband knee sleeves from jackals and they are amazing they keep the knees so toasty warm and provide just enough support to the knee joint.

sets/reps/weight
    4x9x355

all of these were very easy my hips are a little achy but lacking no power. my squat has already gone up, i can feel it greatly by how easy these were.

4sets of 10 on the ab crunch machine (fairly heavy and explosive)

this was just an awesome day! now people leave me some comments!

DE bench
    135x3x3x3 145x3x3x3 155x3x3 235x3 245x3

kroc rows warmed up to-left arm:110x22(2 rep pr) right arm:120x20(-3 from pr felt gased)

on the floor rolling dumbell extensions 30lb x12x12x12x12x12 (one set volume increase)

halbert rear delt swing thing 3sets

morree squats
    smolov squat session 6!

hip was a little bummed from benching with a large arch yesterday but still managed to do what i came to the gym for...even though it was slightly more difficult.

sets/reps/weight
    5x7x380

the bruise on the rear of my shoulders is nice n dark and tells me exactly when i get the bar where i need it lol.
    after the third set my ipod died...was nottt good especially since the gym plays stupid ass girly music.

did 5 sets of pulldown abs

wanted to try something on my deadlifts but decided to call it a day.

all in all a decent day..the 5x7 is my least favorite. friday will be better.

first good bench day i've had in a lonngggg time!
    ME bench
    close grip bench press: 225x3 255x3 275x1 295x1 305x0 (stalled halfway) 295x1 295x1 (hit hooks...touched too high, didn't tuck well) 275x1 wanted to focus on getting enough volume on the core lift.

incline bench close grip 195x6 215x4 225x2 three was there but my spotter grabbed it...oh welllll.

by this point my triceps were rock hard.

----------dips bwx10x10x10x8
    superset<
    ----------chins bwx6x6x6x6

great day..triceps are burnt up!

Smolov squat day number 8…this reminds me of why I titled it the Smolov nightmare.

I had a feeling this was going to happen... my arms flared up again... My rear delts are so bruised that just getting the bar to settle was a pain mentally... Then holding the bar where it needed to be was even worse because my arms lost their strength with the pain... Also was lucky enough to catch my finger on the hooks when racking a weight so we know what happened there. Besides all these things mental and otherwise I was still able to complete this workout.

Sets/reps/weight
    10x3x430 ninth set was the strongest and had a good bar position on my back... Some sets were low bar... Some were high bar... Finding a happy medium was hard. I Skipped abs for now. I might do some pulldown abs before I go out for the night.