Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: endymions road to 800 pull

Quote Originally Posted by endymion88 View Post
    i don't know about that i think i have a good chance to bring home some sort of reward but there is a few damn strong competitors. bench i know imma be smashed on.
    Your bench is decent. You'll be able to bring some really good numbers to the table with your deadlifts and squats. That will help with the overall total. Just don't expect to win the best bench award. You are a very strong contender to bring home some awards. Keep pulling! I want to see 650 lbs conventional!

yea i was debating whether to go sumo or conventional and although my sumo is stronger 650 conventional would just be more impressive. it all honestly depends on how my erectors feel the day of the video recording

both my parents have the swine flu and i've been feeling slightly weaker lately...this stuff is trying to knock me outta the competition! but i wont let it.
    benchpress
    3x190
    3x215 misloaded big time once repeated with correct weight
    8x245 i slipped my setup on the bench because my shirt i was wearingw ouldn't stick and my handout wasn't great. probly woulda had 9 if i woulda been able to have my good back position.

down sets with close grip bench
    135x6 155x6 185x6 225x6 235x6
    kroc rows 110x15 left hand 110x20 right hand, set 2 95x15 left hand 110x15 right hand

i was happy with the close grips and kroc rows unhappy with the main benching though

That's the way to be doing it bro, props for hanging so tough while that flu virus is all around you.

thanks cocoa i just can't let this virus come between me and alootttt of nitrean proteins

well my pslin finally came in the mail today dropped one then had a shake with a cup of oats some honey and one scoop whey then off to do some cardio.

ellipticle 31 mins 400 calories burned

i usually hate cardio but it couldn't handle me today that pslin is insane it doesn't give stimulant type energy or endurance it gives energy that feels more like a good nights sleep and then turns you into the energizer bunny. i only went to do cardio but then i did 3 sets of pulldown abs 10 rep 20 20 and something like 5 sets of hrolls (probly shouldn't have done those the day before squats since holding the bar might be a pain. two sets hamstring curls then i went to dunham sports and bought some compression shorts. nicee. rating on pslin so far 10/10. god i love usp labs

Nice benching and rows dude 8x245 is very decent.
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...=1#post2241618

Quote Originally Posted by rbtrout View Post
    HARDGAINER = NOT EATING ENOUGH

squat day
    3x315
    3x350
    1x390 girlfriend changed height of pins so she could record angle better but on the descent i hit them....i was royally po'd i was all fired up i finalllly figured out how to wrap my knees and they were perfectly wraped and was hurting like a bitch so i tried again but honestly by the 8th rep i was like **** it. i was in pain from all the super tight convict wrapping and lost my drive.
    8x390

wheel of death. on knees 10x10x10 standing x4 +1rep pr, on knees x10

called it quits. hated this session...

it's too close to the competition i can't be having all these small mistakes ruining my training. maybe it's the swine flu though who knows. but i need to win something cause i'm unemployed right now and need me some protein!
    Last edited by endymion88; 11-05-2009 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian999 View Post
    Nice benching and rows dude 8x245 is very decent.
    the rows were decent the benching i disagree though wasn't. i'm just working on finding a weight to row that gives me my 20 reps and makes it closseee to failure not finding it yet. maybe 120 will be it.

military press
    5x135
    3x150
    1x165 (didn't wanna do more because i'm doing vids next week. also i think my shoulders were beat up from squats because surprisingly this was fairly difficult...)
    chins bwx6x6x6x6x6 pullups 6x6x6
    neck harness 25x 20x20x20x20
    barbell shrugs 315x10x10x10 explosive as hell

most the things were easy the pullups were more of a volume approach rather than intensity and same with everything else really i was trying to take it easy but did a little more than i shoulda that's ok though i got a 2 day weekend to recover.

404 Error: Tiny shoulders not found

Good work - The volume doesn't look too bad. Sleep late this weekend, get a nap or two in and you'll be good to go.

Keep hanging tough with the unemployment plight, I'm laid off and haven't been working for months now.

Props for staying on track no matter what.

Unemployed here too. Im making the best of it, and am trying and making sure to keep my diet, training, and recovery set during this time.

By the time you hit an 800lb deadlift, hopefully I'll hit 600lbs

well i figure by the time i get about 700 on conventional that i'll be able to pull 800 in my sumo with gear

Quote Originally Posted by Tim K View Post
    404 Error: Tiny shoulders not found

Good work - The volume doesn't look too bad. Sleep late this weekend, get a nap or two in and you'll be good to go.
    refresh the browser maybe youll see them lol.

yeah i think i'll be ok i mean i felt my back hurting a bit yesterday but now it feels good. thank god bodyweight exercises don't take too much outta you.

flu sucks...

well i think i'm gonna be pretty s.o.l this competition. this was the week i wanted to do my lifting and i tried two and realized theres just no way that i would get anything substantial. i got 625 on my deadlift and failed a 650. a 300lbl bench which i though was gonna be a warmup, which i failed to record because i thought it'd be a heavy warmup was indeed maximum lift. i have no clue if i'll be able to lift big again by the end of the comp....
    Last edited by endymion88; 11-13-2009 at 04:09 PM.

No worries... I'll be happy if I can lift at all. I'm sporting a couple broken ribs which has hindered my training big time. This past week, zip, nada, zilch. I might not even be able to break 1,000 lbs at the end of the month. But I'll post something... It might be an empty bar, but I'm gonna get a total damnit!

Quote Originally Posted by endymion88 View Post
    flu sucks...

well i think i'm gonna be pretty s.o.l this competition. this was the week i wanted to do my lifting and i tried two and realized theres just no way that i would get anything substantial. i got 625 on my deadlift and failed a 650. a 300lbl bench which i though was gonna be a warmup, which i failed to record because i thought it'd be a heavy warmup was indeed maximum lift. i have no clue if i'll be able to lift big again by the end of the comp....

I hope you get to feeling better by the end of the month. A 625 deadlift while you are sick, is sick in my book. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by powerm64 View Post
    I hope you get to feeling better by the end of the month. A 625 deadlift while you are sick, is sick in my book. Good Luck.
    Same here, wish you well man.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim K View Post
    No worries... I'll be happy if I can lift at all. I'm sporting a couple broken ribs which has hindered my training big time. This past week, zip, nada, zilch. I might not even be able to break 1,000 lbs at the end of the month. But I'll post something... It might be an empty bar, but I'm gonna get a total damnit!
    that's some nasty stuff how did you break your ribs? i wish you a quick recovery!

thanks cocoa and powerm64. this flu is really screwing me up and it's really lingering but what can you do. nobody can decide when they get sick i just really hate this timing. yeah when i pulled the 625 and stalled at the knees with 650 i figured i was almost 100% better but then seeing what happened to my bench showed me i'm really not. well imma just train conservatively hard next week and give her hell the following week.

today was the first day i felt better and it was also a squat day
    5x325
    3x370
    5x415 (was being slightly conservative)

then i decided to do a few singles
    465x1 weird...started stalling at midpoint
    485x1 same problem i'm forgetting how to explode

tried doing some downsets for speed
    225x10
    on box 225x8 225x8

then tried some zercher decline situps and it didn't work because my moronic gym had a big pillar in the way...shoulda knocked it down!

the squats felt mildly light but the main problem was i can't explode anymore meaning i probly wont get the numbers i want just because of the way this training is. next few cycles i'll find a way to fix this.

on your deadlift rep outs are you reseting or touch and go? reply in my log because i doubt i'll get to check back in here.
    Touch and go.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

this was the pull i did with the flu

Video
    Last edited by endymion88; 11-17-2009 at 05:54 PM.

Those are some sick squats there bro! Thats a nice pull there too. I got my money on you in the strongest vs weak ones contest lol.