The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Getting cut

Wannabebig New Member

Getting cut

hey guys,
    so i was wondering about any suggestions you have for me on trying to get my arms much more defined and cut. I am 18 but have been lifting for many years and i will just say i have very big arms and a big chest, however i am really lacking the definition. I'm very strong for my age, and i have done everything i know to the best of my knowledge to try and cut them up. meaning yes i have a very lean diet. and yes i do plenty of cardio. and yes i do mix in high rep low weigh workouts. soo... any suggestions, i have a similar problem with my abs but not as bad they are slowly developing, but i just can't seem to get any cut in my bi's other than being big

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Quote Originally Posted by dtag13 View Post
    hey guys,
    so i was wondering about any suggestions you have for me on trying to get my arms much more defined and cut. I am 18 but have been lifting for many years and i will just say i have very big arms and a big chest, however i am really lacking the definition. I'm very strong for my age, and i have done everything i know to the best of my knowledge to try and cut them up. meaning yes i have a very lean diet. and yes i do plenty of cardio. and yes i do mix in high rep low weigh workouts. soo... any suggestions, i have a similar problem with my abs but not as bad they are slowly developing, but i just can't seem to get any cut in my bi's other than being big
    By "cut" I am sure that you mean more muscular.

There are a number of reasons why you may not be pleased with your arm development:
    - Bodyfat is too high, cannot see through to muscles.
    - Not enough muscle mass in general.
    - Large bone structure, makes muscles appear to be smaller.
    - Poor genetics for biceps peak / triceps insertion or BF storage.

If you could post a picture of your current progress and perhaps a picture of where you want to be I can help you to work on a program that will give your arms plenty of attention but also focus on your overall physique and diet as well.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 218 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Wannabebig New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mutaffis View Post
    By "cut" I am sure that you mean more muscular.

There are a number of reasons why you may not be pleased with your arm development:
    - Bodyfat is too high, cannot see through to muscles.
    - Not enough muscle mass in general.
    - Large bone structure, makes muscles appear to be smaller.
    - Poor genetics for biceps peak / triceps insertion or BF storage.

If you could post a picture of your current progress and perhaps a picture of where you want to be I can help you to work on a program that will give your arms plenty of attention but also focus on your overall physique and diet as well.
    well i just took it now haha so my arms arent pumped at all but here ya go. i'm not that big, but certainly more meat on me than ur average freshman in college. i can bench 320 legitimatly but idk i just dont seem cut at all just thick
    ttp://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss49/dtag13/DSCN0610.jpg?t=1256232996
    sorry it wouldnt let me post a link cuz i dont have enough posts so i had to just put the url. not i took out the "h" in the beginning so it wouldnt think it was a hyperlink. just copy and paste into ur url and put the h at the beginning

Here you go.
    Last edited by Jorge Sanchez; 10-22-2009 at 03:37 PM.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

If you dropped some fat they'd look more defined. Personally, I don't see any reason to do that, but it's up to you.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur