Thread: Josh Bryant joins Elitefts Q & A staff

Banned

Josh Bryant joins Elitefts Q & A staff

great addition but idk if anyone is allow to talk good about efs around here

Quote Originally Posted by douglasoh5 View Post
    grow up Rich.

We are big supporters of EFS here

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Quote Originally Posted by douglasoh5 View Post

LAWL I can't tell if he's serious. Funny either way
    Stats: 11/15/07-First-meet--2nd Meet----3rd meet
    Weight: 185-----187---------198---------198
    Max Bench: 255---220-----------280------300
    Max Squat: 405----395----------440------460
    Max Dead:475-----485----------551------570
    CHINUPS - Bodyweight + 135, x1, dead hang. Still working on the one arm chinup.

Quote Originally Posted by Polish Hammer View Post
    Where did you see that Josh was joining the EliteFTS q&a staff?

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Banned
    Dave announced it on Facebook last week Vin. He had hoped to have him ready to go by this weekend.

Gotcha, saw the article this morning. I'm not a social network guy so I miss out on the facebook and ****ter stuff.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    Where did you see that Josh was joining the EliteFTS Q&A staff?
    He is listed on their website now as a part of the Q&A staff.

I did notice something in his writeup…

"Josh has won many national and world titles in powerlifting and strongman and was the youngest person in powerlifting history, at 22, to bench press 600 pounds raw."

My understanding is that he has won (1) National title and that was the USAPL Powerlifting Teen Nationals in 2001. He has never won a national or world strongman title, and in fact has only competed in a couple of contests back in 2004 (not sure if he won any of them but he did not win the Nationals that he entered). He did win a gym lift competition at the Atlantis; there are some videos on YouTube (trap bar deadlifts, pullups, OHP, bench press).

Josh is obviously a strong guy and an experienced personal trainer; but I wouldn’t want to see the people who worked hard and made sacrifices to win world championships have their titles watered down. The gentleman who won NAS Strongman Nationals in 2004 (where Josh competed) is Travis Ortmayer; nothing wrong with being defeated by an athlete of that caliper as he has since gone on to compete in WSM, IFSA Worlds, Arnold Strongman, etc.

This isn't meant to start any controversy, just to clarify.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 220 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

There was an interview posted recently:

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/joshbryant.htm#

He presented himself as more of a trainer and former powerlifter, looks like he has had some brief exposure to bodybuilders as well.

Weight: 220 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Josh beat me at the Atlantis Strongman. I know it was a weighted event, but it was referred to as a strongman show. I got beat by Schoonie the year before--damnit! I count those as my strongman contests. Maybe Josh counted that as being his National title as it was billed as Strongest Man in America or something like that. Meahwhile, I never made it to NAS. I kept getting injured everytime I was getting ready for a contest.

Anyway, lot's of guys get lots of National and World records because of all of the different feds in powerlifting. I have quite a few past and current world and national records. So I will mention multiple word record holder in bio info, as I will mention strongman competitor. Meanwhile I only ever held one all time World Record and never competed in NAS. It's not lying, I have done those things. Afterall who is to qualify those standards?

Josh beat me at the Atlantis Strongman. I know it was a weighted event, but it was referred to as a strongman show. I got beat by Schoonie the year before--damnit! I count those as my strongman contests. Maybe Josh counted that as being his National title as it was billed as Strongest Man in America or something like that. Meahwhile, I never made it to NAS. I kept getting injured everytime I was getting ready for a contest.

Anyway, lot's of guys get lots of National and World records because of all of the different feds in powerlifting. I have quite a few past and current world and national records. So I will mention multiple word record holder in bio info, as I will mention strongman competitor. Meanwhile I only ever held one all time World Record and never competed in NAS. It's not lying, I have done those things. Afterall who is to qualify those standards?
    I agree with you, and since NAS/ASC only really came about five years ago it is tough to keep track of anything that was going on before that unless you were a WSM competitor.

You are right about the records and the way that things ard worded in your bio sounds a bit better in my opinion; "Multiple world record holder and strongman competitor". This would have been acurate for Josh without a doubt.

From his article it appears that he has a clear role there. The first article that he wrote was about strongman training and I didn't want to see him billed as their ultimate strongman resource when many ASC Pro's are out there without sponsorship.
    Last edited by Tom Mutaffis; 10-23-2009 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mutaffis View Post
    I didn't want to see him billed as their ultimate strongman resource
    Of course not, that's why they have Murph

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mutaffis View Post
    many ASC Pro's are out there without sponsorship.
    Maybe when they learn how to give back and help others such as yourself, they'll get sponsored.

Of course not, that's why they have Murph
    Gross
    Roll Tide.