Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Strongest of the weak ones - Official Thread

anybody mind if i do my lifts early? i could do the videos not next week but the following, i'd rather do them then since my 5/3/1 is scheduled for deload after. do you want all three attempts or just our biggest lifts? i'd really like to prolong taking videos but how much stronger can i get by the end of november lol what 5 lbls a lift or something :P

I don't have any problems with anyone lifting early. I believe a couple folks are even putting up video from a competition they have this month. As long as the lift is from after the entry deadline and before the video posting deadline, I don't see it as an issue. I don't have a singlet, so I'm lifting in whatever. However, I am not a judge.

i'm gonna be squatting widish and haven't decided if i wanna pull sumo or conventional yet both are pretty strong. so i'm probly just gonna lift my shorts to show i dont have briefs or anything on lol

i will also be lifting in shorts and t shirt, my numbers arent the greatest so i think if i wore briefs or what ever it would be pretty obvious.

Seriously... people would cheat to win an internet contest?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim K View Post
    Seriously... people would cheat to win an internet contest?
    You wouldn't think so but who knows when there are prizes and money involved.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Death to the World!
    I would still like a 5 or 10 dollar donation to charity. Just my 2-cents.
    SOLI DEO GLORIA!

5'6" 195#
    Raw maxes:
    BP 280ish
    SQ 400ish
    DL 495ish

Quote Originally Posted by slashkills View Post
    i will also be lifting in shorts and t shirt, my numbers arent the greatest so i think if i wore briefs or what ever it would be pretty obvious.
    There is no way it matters what you wear? Within reason of course. A squat suit under a dressing gown would be unfair.

I think Matt (eatmyway2thetop) is doing all his lifts in just a pair of ankle socks and a stetson.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    There is no way it matters what you wear? Within reason of course. A squat suit under a dressing gown would be unfair.

I think Matt (eatmyway2thetop) is doing all his lifts in just a pair of ankle socks and a stetson.
    That's fine... as long as the Stetson is black.

nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post

Yeah I pretty much discovered I have exhibitionist tendencies since I started recording training sessions

That being said my squat is in the ****ter its gonna be hard as hell to best my PR in just a month
    Last edited by EatMyWay2TheTop; 10-30-2009 at 06:49 AM.
    "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends"

John 15:13 KJB

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men. Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks"

Philips Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by endymion88 View Post
    anybody mind if i do my lifts early? i could do the videos not next week but the following, i'd rather do them then since my 5/3/1 is scheduled for deload after. do you want all three attempts or just our biggest lifts? i'd really like to prolong taking videos but how much stronger can i get by the end of november lol what 5 lbls a lift or something :P
    go ahead pal, but you'll hate it if someone beat you by 5 pounds lol. I dont mind seeing all 3 lifts
    "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends"

John 15:13 KJB

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men. Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks"

Philips Brooks

That being said my squat is in the ****ter its gonna be hard as hell to best my PR in just a month
    Must be the camera....bahha hahhahahha

Quote Originally Posted by EatMyWay2TheTop View Post
    go ahead pal, but you'll hate it if someone beat you by 5 pounds lol. I dont mind seeing all 3 lifts
    i would be furious with myself....

a little teaser video of whats to come
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfTmznZjuDA

Video
    Last edited by endymion88; 10-31-2009 at 10:30 AM.

Let's say for example, a person wins best formula, best total, and best deadlift. Is he going to walk away with $650 worth of supplements?

i was a bit curious about that myself...

Banned
    Is best lifter the only thing determined by formula and the best squat, bench, dead and total are just straight weight, giving the larger lifters a better chance?

Quote Originally Posted by MightyPitbull View Post
    Let's say for example, a person wins best formula, best total, and best deadlift. Is he going to walk away with $650 worth of supplements?
    If someone did that, then yes that's what would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kray-z View Post
    Is best lifter the only thing determined by formula and the best squat, bench, dead and total are just straight weight, giving the larger lifters a better chance?
    Best lifter is indeed the only thing determined by forumula

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Wannabebig Member
    Just saw this thread, too late to join?

Death to the World!
    I am not complaining because everything that is being offered is a gift. I just want to make that clear. I am just a little disappointed that the heavier guys competing obviously have a crazy advantage. And there is really nothing a smaller guy can win except formula. I love competing, I just hate it when you stand no chance at winning.
    SOLI DEO GLORIA!

5'6" 195#
    Raw maxes:
    BP 280ish
    SQ 400ish
    DL 495ish

Quote Originally Posted by monk2in1 View Post
    I am not complaining because everything that is being offered is a gift. I just want to make that clear. I am just a little disappointed that the heavier guys competing obviously have a crazy advantage. And there is really nothing a smaller guy can win except formula. I love competing, I just hate it when you stand no chance at winning.
    I'm right there with ya - as far as being a little guy with no chance of winning. But honestly, that isn't why I'm competing. For me, this is a fun competition to throw some numbers up. My goal is to total more than 1050 lbs. That will be about 90 lbs more than my last meet, which took place back in 1986.

This competition was started for fun. AtLargNutrition stepped up big time with a stunning prize package - but don't let that blind to what the original intent of this meet is.

i dont know if anybody else feels this way but i would like to see everybody competing with a log.

Quote Originally Posted by monk2in1 View Post
    Maybe a future contest can be based on ratio to bodyweight (wilks per lift), in that most of the lighter guys would have a distinct advantage.

The spirit of this competition is to push people to shoot for PR's and to motivate through online competition. Just like with everything in life, if you take something too seriously then it is no longer fun.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 218 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

future contests it could be simple say these contests are when there is an entry fee then there could be three classes

lightweight

middle

heavy

simple enough i think