Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Strongest of the weak ones - Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cmanuel View Post
    Believe me i'd rather not quit but I'd also rather save my strength for a meet i'm paying ~$100 for vs. an online competition.
    Are you hitting some singles in training for your competition? Video those, slap 'em up for this comp and continue going for your in person meet. You plan on hitting your openers before the event - eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim K View Post
    People are dropping like flies... I'm going to give this thing a shot no matter what. I haven't been able to train for two weeks because of my cracked ribs. I doubt I'll get under the bar before the competition deadline, which leaves me with some pathetic lifts in my future. No matter - this one is for fun! And if you guys keep dropping, I'll be the last man standing.

Throw in some training vids!
    Quote Originally Posted by endymion88 View Post
    i might be sick but i aint quiting! daddy needs his protein!
    lol i wish it was the three of us. That means atleast 3rd place, im good with that lol.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim K View Post
    Are you hitting some singles in training for your competition? Video those, slap 'em up for this comp and continue going for your in person meet. You plan on hitting your openers before the event - eh?
    I may go to Kiaran's house to hit openers a week out before the meet. In that case i'll get vids and post them.

Bah im not competing on the 28th anymore. I will still try to hit some lifts on vid for this contest though. Might just be a bench though, i feel a big pr coming soon!
    Bench 408 (Single Ply)
    Deadlift 507 (Belt only)
    Squat 515 (Single Ply)
    JOURNAL
    VIDEOS

I'm gonna try to get vids of my lifts, though it will be close whether I can meet the deadline. I just found out my gym is closed during the week of Thanksgiving because school is out (I lift at a university gym)!!! My only chance to do it will be on November 29th or 30th.
    Last edited by Guido; 11-18-2009 at 09:30 AM.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Wannabebig Member
    Wow, can't believe the amount of drops. Can I take one of their spots!

But seriously this is pretty cool, no entry fee, great real prizes, pretty awesome if you ask me.
    Last edited by NolanPower; 11-18-2009 at 09:34 AM.
    Raw 220/105kg lifter
    Best comp lifts:
    252.5kg/170kg/320kg
    120SN/140CJ

Best gym lifts
    257/175//320
    120SN/146CJ

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NolanPower View Post

But seriously this is pretty cool, no entry fee, great real prizes, pretty awesome if you ask me.
    You can submit your deadlift under my name, lol. Just make sure the video is very dark and I will say it is me.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

Quote Originally Posted by NolanPower View Post

imma have to train harder if you're gonna be in the next contest..much harder lol! i've been trying to catch up to you for years but the one problem is yeah i'm getting stronger. but so are you!

I was going see how my body feels and make a last minute decision whether to test my maxes, but I decided not to compete. I've had a nagging back injury for about 10 months and now I finally feel close to 100%. I don't want to be stupid and aggravate my back again.

It sucks but good luck to you guys who are competing.

I haven't lifted in two weeks. I'm starting to dream about lifting now! Ribs are feeling pretty good. I might give things a go this weekend to see if I can move. I doubt any effort I make at the end of the month will be a PR, but it will be a max effort all things considered!

I'm still on par to do well for myself in this thing. My pressing is coming along ok. Got a solid 305 up on a bottom up bench the other day. Pulling seems to be going better lately. My squat, well, my squat sucks monkey nuts. Don't know if I'll hit any pr's, but I should be close to them.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

I went ahead and did a PR raw squat today. I wasn't peaked for it but knew I wasn't going to have a chance to do it again before the deadline. Went a bit further below parallel than I needed to but oh well. By the way, by bodyweight was at 211 (weighed myself right after my workout). Here it is:

470 Squat, Belt and Wraps

Video

I'll go for a raw bench and DL PR on the 29th or 30th.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    I went ahead and did a PR raw squat today. I wasn't peaked for it but knew I wasn't going to have a chance to do it again before the deadline. Went a bit further below parallel than I needed to but oh well. By the way, by bodyweight was at 211 (weighed myself right after my workout). Here it is:

Video

I'll go for a raw bench and DL PR on the 29th or 30th.
    Good lift Guido!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Nice squat Guido!!!

I also tested my squat tonight. I will submit my bench/deadlift on Friday night.

I hit 415, 440 and 455. Video did not take on the 440. I have my easy 415 and grinder 455, lol. I was very happy with this, wasn't expecting much and this is a 35 lb PR.

415:

Video

455:

Video

I realize you can't see the weight. I am using a 55 lb Texas Squat bar. I have 4 plates on in the first vid=415 and added 2 tens per side=455 in the second. John Bernor called my depth and he can verify the weights...I don't think anyone will think he would lie, lol.

Also, I realize my form is not so great. I suck raw and basically sit back a bit and dive bomb, lol. Also my left knee is still kinda funky and you can see the grinder rep lags behind on the left side.

I weighed a bloated up 183 about an hour before this session.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

good lifts guys!

Guys, great lifts so far!! Loving the fact that people are hitting PRs!

Seeing as it is thanksgiving and some gyms may be closed/people will be travelling, I am gong to extend the deadline to Sunday December 6th.

PLEASE POST YOUR VIDEOS IN THIS THREAD NO LATER THAN SUNDAY DECEMBER 6th AT MIDNIGHT.

Once this has been done, the judges will review the lifts and we will create a new thread that combines ALL video entires/lifts along with the results and winners.

Good luck guys.
    Last edited by Joe Black; 11-26-2009 at 03:46 AM.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

This works out well! Mucho Gracias!

awesome thanks for the extension it woulda been hell to get my vids up on monday.

Here's my weak ass entries. All of them done on friday the 27th. I weighed in at 200lbs even right after the workout.

335 & 355 Squat
    Video

320 & 330 Bench
    Video

430 Dead Lift
    Video
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

Guess I'll enter mine...

Squat - 446

Video

Bench - 286.6 (have recently hit 290, but no video... )

Deadlift - 479.5

Bench and dead are both in same video, and are from my recent meet. BW = 177 for meet

Video
    5'8" 177 (meet PRs) ALL RAW

Bench - 290 (291) Pause reps Dead - 500 (479.5) Squat - 446 (430)

Total - 1236 (1168.4)

Goals: Bench - 280 met 1/19/09 new goal - 300 Squat - 435 met 11/28/09 new goal 475 Dead - 500 met 1/23/10 new goal 525

The Quest

Quote Originally Posted by Bruteman View Post
    Here's my weak ass entries. All of them done on friday the 27th. I weighed in at 200lbs even right after the workout.

335 & 355 Squat
    Video

320 & 330 Bench
    Video

430 Dead Lift
    Video

Good lifting!

Make sure your spotter is not touching the bar during your bench. He can have his hands just below, but no touching.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rodgers View Post
    Nice squat Guido!!!

I also tested my squat tonight. I will submit my bench/deadlift on Friday night.

I hit 415, 440 and 455. Video did not take on the 440. I have my easy 415 and grinder 455, lol. I was very happy with this, wasn't expecting much and this is a 35 lb PR.

415:

Video

455:

Video

I realize you can't see the weight. I am using a 55 lb Texas Squat bar. I have 4 plates on in the first vid=415 and added 2 tens per side=455 in the second. John Bernor called my depth and he can verify the weights...I don't think anyone will think he would lie, lol.

Also, I realize my form is not so great. I suck raw and basically sit back a bit and dive bomb, lol. Also my left knee is still kinda funky and you can see the grinder rep lags behind on the left side.

I weighed a bloated up 183 about an hour before this session.
    Good lifting Chris!

I think you are uncomfortable squatting raw because you just don't do it very often. You should include a bit more raw squatting in your regimen.

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post

Video

Guido, if you don't mind just a llittle critique.
    looks like you are starting too much with your knees, stick you ass out when you begin the squat, like if you were going to sit down in a chair behind you. Try to keep all the weight over the hips, and heels of the feet.

Just wondering if this bench press would count in the contest. It was a touch & go but is it good enough form to count in the contest? I want to bench more this week if I can get it on video and post later. I will post my official lift results toward the end of the week. Here is the video..... let me know what you think Chris Mason http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tldhFWny8s

Quote Originally Posted by powerm64 View Post
    Just wondering if this bench press would count in the contest. It was a touch & go but is it good enough form to count in the contest? I want to bench more this week if I can get it on video and post later. I will post my official lift results toward the end of the week. Here is the video..... let me know what you think Chris Mason http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tldhFWny8s
    It might pass for this contest but not for a regular one. Good lift though.