Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Strongest of the weak ones - Official Thread

Here's a vid of the 375 fail afterwards.

Video

You can see my butt better in this one, it just lightly touches all the time but it looks like its coming up. Its the way i arch.
    Bench 408 (Single Ply)
    Deadlift 507 (Belt only)
    Squat 515 (Single Ply)
    JOURNAL
    VIDEOS

Iron4Life
    Well, here goes... I tried to get these done today in less then 2.5 hrs and in a cold friggin gym - about 50 degrees.. wish I had a full day like a PL competition. The squats and DLs just wiped me out.. and it had been 5 hrs since my last meal by the time I tried my last set of DLs.. my warmups stunk, too many sets to get to max weight.. and ended exhausted with the last sets of squats and DLs... but no friggin' excuses, so I'll STFU and just try to get stronger next time..

*** BTW all constructive review of my lifts are welcome... thx... ***

BW: 257 Competed 2 raw PL comps before - Dec. 08 and Dec. 07.. both @ 242.. yeah, really fat right now from strongman season.. lol
    545 raw Squat: 20 lb PR - and man this felt light..
    Video

555 raw DL (not even a belt - cause I can't figure out how to use it on a DL): 10 lb PR with just chalk, short of my 585 lb DL with straps..
    Video

385 BP: 5 lb short of my gym PR of 390 - but this was only my 2nd serious BP workout in last 6 months - been doing mostly overhead work for strongman.. and I know the video stinks, but I did this at TPS and if you listen carefully you will hear Vinny yelling at me to push back when the bar starts to slow down. The plates are confusing too.. 3 x 45s metal, then 1 25 lb rubber plate and a 10 on each side.. I ran out of time today (and camera battery) to get a set of BP in, so hopefully this TPS video is ok.. (BTW.. thanks Vinny, Tee Tee and Rhodes for the help that day)
    Video

for a 1485 total.. 15 lbs short of what I was hoping for this comp...
    Wilks Value is 390.014 ... I'm really hoping to hit a greater then 410 Wilks raw in 2010...

In case you want to see some fails, or what I was wearing under the sweats, checking for parallel, etc.. here are some other vids:

525 SQ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W61MniRtkk8
    555 Failed SQ: Second try.. took the sweats off and did it in my Under Armour - I know how gay that seems, but we thought the stripe on the sweats might confuse the judges going deeper then parallel (I couldn't find my singlet from a recent move)... or someone might think I'm wearing gear underneath.. plus, you get to see my big, fat arse and large hammies.. but man was it too cold to squat without sweats:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b5ywbRZ8TE

525 DL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7tmSw8BhAs
    575 DL miss: Should have had this.. usually if I can get it off the ground I can finish a DL.. not today.. too exhausted.. too hungry.. too friggin' weak..:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7tmSw8BhAs

This contest was a lot of fun... set a couple of PRs... something to help make the transition back to PL season.. got one more strongman comp and then head for a PL comp in March. Gotta get stronger!!

Thanks Chris and Daniel for sponsorship... and EatMyWay for the idea.. good times...
    Now it's time for this old fat man to catch some ZZZZZ's..

^^^ Wow nice lifting. 1500 total is huge.

I really thought i was going to take the bench award, damn it! At least it motivated me to hit a 20 lb PR.
    Bench 408 (Single Ply)
    Deadlift 507 (Belt only)
    Squat 515 (Single Ply)
    JOURNAL
    VIDEOS

I could use Bob's preface here, and it would fit pretty well. Cracked three ribs on my right side 5 weeks ago come tomorrow. Starting some overhead presses, bench, and deadlifting with some lighter weights this week. This is my first squat since I was injured. Not exactly how I planned to prepare for this competition, but it is what it is.

275 lbs token squat:
    Video

265 lbs bench:
    Video

365 lbs deadlift
    Video

Total: 905
    BW: 180

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Well, here goes... I tried to get these done today in less then 2.5 hrs and in a cold friggin gym - about 50 degrees.. wish I had a full day like a PL competition. The squats and DLs just wiped me out.. and it had been 5 hrs since my last meal by the time I tried my last set of DLs.. my warmups stunk, too many sets to get to max weight.. and ended exhausted with the last sets of squats and DLs... but no friggin' excuses, so I'll STFU and just try to get stronger next time..

*** BTW all constructive review of my lifts are welcome... thx... ***

BW: 257 Competed 2 raw PL comps before - Dec. 08 and Dec. 07.. both @ 242.. yeah, really fat right now from strongman season.. lol
    545 raw Squat: 20 lb PR - and man this felt light..
    Video

555 raw DL (not even a belt - cause I can't figure out how to use it on a DL): 10 lb PR with just chalk, short of my 585 lb DL with straps..
    Video

385 BP: 5 lb short of my gym PR of 390 - but this was only my 2nd serious BP workout in last 6 months - been doing mostly overhead work for strongman.. and I know the video stinks, but I did this at TPS and if you listen carefully you will hear Vinny yelling at me to push back when the bar starts to slow down. The plates are confusing too.. 3 x 45s metal, then 1 25 lb rubber plate and a 10 on each side.. I ran out of time today (and camera battery) to get a set of BP in, so hopefully this TPS video is ok.. (BTW.. thanks Vinny, Tee Tee and Rhodes for the help that day)
    Video

for a 1485 total.. 15 lbs short of what I was hoping for this comp...
    Wilks Value is 390.014 ... I'm really hoping to hit a greater then 410 Wilks raw in 2010...

In case you want to see some fails, or what I was wearing under the sweats, checking for parallel, etc.. here are some other vids:

525 SQ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W61MniRtkk8
    555 Failed SQ: Second try.. took the sweats off and did it in my Under Armour - I know how gay that seems, but we thought the stripe on the sweats might confuse the judges going deeper then parallel (I couldn't find my singlet from a recent move)... or someone might think I'm wearing gear underneath.. plus, you get to see my big, fat arse and large hammies.. but man was it too cold to squat without sweats:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b5ywbRZ8TE

525 DL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7tmSw8BhAs
    575 DL miss: Should have had this.. usually if I can get it off the ground I can finish a DL.. not today.. too exhausted.. too hungry.. too friggin' weak..:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7tmSw8BhAs

This contest was a lot of fun... set a couple of PRs... something to help make the transition back to PL season.. got one more strongman comp and then head for a PL comp in March. Gotta get stronger!!

Thanks Chris and Daniel for sponsorship... and EatMyWay for the idea.. good times...
    Now it's time for this old fat man to catch some ZZZZZ's..
    good job. i'm glad you didn't get all the prizes ! leaves some for the young bucks.

Banned
    Posting my videos.
    Weighed in at 167 a few hours before my squats. (Videoed weigh-in as well) Wore my raw singlet as I was trying to approach this the same way as a meet. I only included the first two deadlifts as my last attempt was no good. Ended up 520/340/540 for a total of 1400 @ 167 I had a good time with this, it can't be stated enough - many thanks to AtLarge and everyone responsible for sponsoring this contest!

Squat

Video

Bench

Video

Deadlift

Video

Athos,

Very impressive lifting! Those are the kinds of weights I would like to be hitting in the future. 1,400 lbs at 167 lbs bodyweight is a winner in my book (about where I would like to be one day)! Great lifts!

Tim

I think athos will take the wilks for sure, thats a crazy raw total at that weight.
    Bench 408 (Single Ply)
    Deadlift 507 (Belt only)
    Squat 515 (Single Ply)
    JOURNAL
    VIDEOS

Got my videos up finally from my APA meet yesterday:

Squat - 475

Video

Bench - 355

Video

Dead - 500

Video

1330 total @ 218 lbs, 21 y/o.

Awesome contest, thanks again ALN guys. Looks like there's some really strong weak guys around here!

Weighed in @ 218, competed in 220 Raw Junior (DT)
    Don't asker for a light load, but a strong back.

JOURNAL

Best Meet Lifts @ 220 Raw:
    Squat - 475
    Bench - 355
    Dead - 500
    Total: 1330

Quote Originally Posted by DGabe24 View Post
    Got my videos up finally from my APA meet yesterday:

Squat - 475

Video

Bench - 355

Video

Dead - 500

Video

1330 total @ 218 lbs, 21 y/o.

Awesome contest, thanks again ALN guys. Looks like there's some really strong weak guys around here!

Weighed in @ 218, competed in 220 Raw Junior (DT)
    Very nice lifting! Great speed on everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim K View Post
    Very nice lifting! Great speed on everything!
    Thanks a lot Tim! Was my first meet, and I couldnt be happier with how it went. Next meet I'll be a little riskier with my 3rd attempts.

JOURNAL

Squat - 475
    Bench - 355
    Dead - 500

Iron4Life
    Quote Originally Posted by danmac View Post
    ^^^ Wow nice lifting. 1500 total is huge.

I really thought i was going to take the bench award, damn it! At least it motivated me to hit a 20 lb PR.
    Thanks Dan.. almost 1500.. hopefully it will fall in my comp in March...
    Yes, this WBB comp was a great motivation... after seeing some of the other posts Sat. morning, I knew I had to push it...

Quote Originally Posted by endymion88 View Post
    good job. i'm glad you didn't get all the prizes ! leaves some for the young bucks.
    lol.. thanks endy.. no official results yet..
    Plus all this extra weight I carry has to be good for something... I gotta win something just so I can afford to eat my 5000 cals a day...
    Wish I had your dead.. I dream of 600...

Athos, you're stupid strong dude. Nice work.
    5'8" 177 (meet PRs) ALL RAW

Bench - 290 (291) Pause reps Dead - 500 (479.5) Squat - 446 (430)

Total - 1236 (1168.4)

Goals: Bench - 280 met 1/19/09 new goal - 300 Squat - 435 met 11/28/09 new goal 475 Dead - 500 met 1/23/10 new goal 525

The Quest

DanMac, nice lifts but what is your bodyweight? You didn't post it.

As for me, my goal was to go for a pr raw bench today (320) and a PR squat (480) to get me to a 1300 raw total but I've been sick since Tuesday and tweaked my right trap the other day so didn't think it a good idea. At least I got some vids in even if not of my best lifts. Great job to everyone who submitted. Some fine lifters in here.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Quote Originally Posted by DGabe24 View Post
    Thanks a lot Tim! Was my first meet, and I couldnt be happier with how it went. Next meet I'll be a little riskier with my 3rd attempts.
    Great lifts! Looks you could have done more,the bar was flying!
    "The deadlift is more functional in that it’s very hard to imagine a more useful application of strength than picking heavy *h*t up off the ground" Rip

Max 3x5 Goal 3x5 by 12/31/11 *1X5
    Bench (245) (275) 285x1x1 335
    Dead (385)* (445) 435x1x1 505
    Squat (320) (355) 355X1X1 405
    Squat (195) (275) 20 Reppers!
    (950) (1075) 1075 1245 Goals (Not including 20 reps)
    5'10" 288Lbs 02/01/2011 Goal Weight 230 On my way back from a Break!

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    DanMac, nice lifts but what is your bodyweight? You didn't post it.

As for me, my goal was to go for a pr raw bench today (320) and a PR squat (480) to get me to a 1300 raw total but I've been sick since Tuesday and tweaked my right trap the other day so didn't think it a good idea. At least I got some vids in even if not of my best lifts. Great job to everyone who submitted. Some fine lifters in here.
    Sorry my body weight was 203 earlier that day. I hover between 200-205 lately.
    Bench 408 (Single Ply)
    Deadlift 507 (Belt only)
    Squat 515 (Single Ply)
    JOURNAL
    VIDEOS

Quote Originally Posted by skinny99 View Post
    Great lifts! Looks you could have done more,the bar was flying!
    Thanks man, I train with Tone Barbaccio and a handful of other really solid lifters, so I can thank them for building my power and technique up so well.

Lookin forward to what numbers I can get up in the future!

JOURNAL

Squat - 475
    Bench - 355
    Dead - 500

Awesome to see everyones entries!

I am going to compile all of the numbers today/tomorrow and all lifts will be reviewed in the next couple of days too. I hope to be able to confirm final numbers and winners by Wednesday!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

ok, from what it seems we have video lifts from the below people.

Andre518
    Guido
    Chris Rodgers
    Bruteman
    Painzer
    Cmanuel
    endymion88
    mattburns
    powerm64
    Pplato
    danmac
    Bob
    TimK
    Athos
    DGabe24

However, Chris Rodgers and danmac I am missing 2 of each of your lifts. (Chris - Dead and Bench) and danmac (Dead and Squat). Let me know if I have made a mistake.

Totting up the best lifts and wilks now!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

ok I just remembered danmac was only submitting a bench as a token lift.

Still can;t see your videos of bench and dead Chris!

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Clough View Post
    ok I just remembered danmac was only submitting a bench as a token lift.

Still can;t see your videos of bench and dead Chris!

Sorry Dan, I ended up not getting a deadlift video. I missed my max attempt last week and decided not to go for another this last Friday. I have my bench video, I just haven't uploaded it...trust me it will not be in contention, lol.

Congrats to everyone who hit PR's!! Some very impressive lifts on here! I finished with squat and bench PR's(455 and 275). I felt I was going to be good for 280-285 on bench and prob 535-545 on deads, but I just didn't have it the day I tested. Back to the drawing board.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

Great lifting everyone, looks like Athos will take the overall. Very strong lifts for someone weighing 167.

Athos is an animal... in no way should the term weak be used to describe his lifts! Very impressive stuff from lots of lifters (myself excluded). Looks like we have some strong folks here!