Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim K's Journal

LuNa
    Nice journal you have here. Good to hear the rib is feeling better. Good luck with lifting next week, hope everything feels like it should.

Military Press
    Bar x eleventy-billion
    65 x 5
    75 x 5
    90 x 3
    95 x 5
    110 x 5
    125 x 10

Incline Bench
    135 x 10 x 3

Tricep Pushdowns
    60 x 15 x 3

Pull ups
    BW x 10
    BW x 9
    BW x 7

First time lifting in three weeks. Ribs are feeling much better. Right now they are sore - both front and back - a little more tender on the back. That is to be expected. I've lost some strength and a bit of capacity for work. But, it shouldn't take me long to get it back. Felt good to move some iron!

Welcome back.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

It is nice to be back!

Brother and Dad came down for a workout. I helped 'em out with some pre-hab stuff and had to hit some more weights.

Military Press
    Lots of demos
    135 x 5

Pullups
    BW x 10 x 2

Hey Tim, glad to read you are feeling a little bit better. Still going to be a while before you get back to 100% but you sure sound happy about moving some weight again! Good on you. Keep on keeping on
    Titanium Enhanced.
    Lean Mean Machine in progress!
    Go hard or go home!

GoodyGirl's Lean Mean Machine Journal

Deadlifts
    150 x 5
    185 x 5
    225 x 3
    240 x 5
    275 x 5
    315 x 6

Didn't have much in me today - no energy and no strength. I got my main lifts done and got out. Kind of disappointed in how weak I felt. I'm not looking forward to posting a bunch of weak-arsed lifts next week.

Cheer up little buckaroo...you're just coming off an injury...they can't all be gold.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Appreciate the kind words... the good news from the workout was the ribs felt fine. I can barely tell they've been cracked, unless I start pressin' on 'em.

so, don't press on 'em
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

No pressing!! or we'll tell your wife! lol
    Chin up Tim, it's gonna take a while to get back to where you were but you're on the mend now, that's the most important thing.
    Titanium Enhanced.
    Go hard or go home!

Bench
    Bar x 10
    95 x 5
    115 x 5
    140 x 3
    150 x 5
    185 x 5
    200 x 5
    225 x 2
    250 x 1 - The weight settled me a bit deeper into the bench making it more difficult to unrack the weight. I brought the weight down a little low on my belly. Had to fight in order to get the bar back on the correct path. Otherwise, the weight felt pretty easy.

Bench - close grip
    135 x 10 x 3

Face Pulls
    50 x 15 x 3

I warmed jumping rope for a couple minutes. It has been awhile! This is the first time in a month I've been able to bench. I wouldn't say I'm happy with the results, but then again, I'm not disappointed either.

I've been working on computers all day. When I do that, my posture sucks. Because my posture sucks, my lower back is bugging me. I skipped bent over rows tonight. I'll either hit some pull ups or one arm dumbbell rows tomorrow.

Things are not looking so hot for the Strongest of the Weak competition...

Good job Tim. That's a good press coming off an injury. It will only go up from there.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Been out in the field pulling some 14 hours days this week. Been digging up some interesting stuff around some old textile mills. Anytime I'm let loose with a backhoe and told to find what I can is a good time. Today I helped set up for a powerlifting competition that is being held on Saturday. Got to meet and work with Donnie Thompson. Super nice guy... and f'n huge too. The guys squat is over 100 lbs more than my total!

Clean bill of health once more! Well, aside from being old and amazingly inflexible.

Warm-up - jump rope for two songs

Military Presses
    Bar x 10
    65 x 5
    75 x 5
    90 x 3
    95 x 5
    110 x 5
    125 x 11 - that eleventh one took forever to lock out!

Incline Bench
    135 x 10 x 3 - last rep of last set was a struggle

Tricep Pushdowns/Pull-ups
    60 x 10 x 3/BW x 10 x 3

Pull-ups
    BW - miniband x 10 x 2

Out!

I've hit a couple more workouts - deadlifts an bench. Nothing too stellar - just getting back into the swing of things and letting my joints catch up. On deadlifts I worked up to 315 lbs with a double overhanded grip before I had to switch to a mixed grip. Pretty happy with that! Tonight I worked up to 225 for an easy double. My right elbow started to 'twinge' a little, so I called it a day. Looking forward to squats!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim K View Post
    Looking forward to squats!
    There ya go...
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Hey man we should get togeather one day at the gym in Bishopville and get in a workout.
    Train Hardcore

Best Lifts(SQ/BP/DL)
    625/450/500 multi-ply
    520/405/500 single-ply
    405/315/475 raw

Training log
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/thr...72#post2635572

Give me about a month. I should have regained most of what I lost by then.

Box Squats (12" box)
    Warm-up sets - about 4 or 5 sets
    185 x 5 x 3

Accessory work and out

I've been a bit worried about the depth of my squats. My plan is to work with lighter weights on a low box (12" from the ground) for about month. At the end of the month, I should be hitting the 12" box for 275 x 1. I've done 315 x 3 @ 12" before - so I believe this goal is easily attainable. From there I'll bring the box up until I'm just breaking parallel and up the weight.

My goal is to hit 405 for a very clean single in 16 weeks. I'll be using the 5/3/1 template for the lifts. The only problem I foresee is getting impatient and trying to hit that before 16 weeks.

Next week is 225 x 3 x 3 @ 12" with only knee sleeves and a belt. I'm incorporating the belt to figure it out. I don't want to be popping ribs again.

My plan for deadlifts is to hit deficit deads for the next few workouts. Probably 12 weeks worth. I really need to strengthen my back. Often times, after deadlifts and/or squats my lower back is so tight that I can't do any other work. I am going to add a fourth day into my schedule to hit all the accessory work I miss - mainly upper and lower back. I foresee a lot of good mornings and pull-ups in my future.

Bench - keep getting stronger. The nice thing about where I'm at right now is I don't have to worry about weak points - I'm weak overall. All I need to do is get stronger!

How was your Christmas Tim? Your plan sounds good. 12" box, wow! that's gonna be hard work. I don't think I could get my backside that low. I looked back through my journal to see that I was squatting much heavier until I realised I was nowhere near as low as I should have been and the fact that the squats were also in Smith made my weights hugely overinflated! Since working on my technique to parallel or just a smidge under if I'm lucky and using the power rack at home, the weight on the bar has dropped massively. But they are much harder and are really makin' my leggies work! I hope to see some improvements by adding some weight soon. Slow old process. Hope you're well.
    Titanium Enhanced.
    Go hard or go home!

Looks like I missed posting a couple workouts. Anyways, here is one:

Deadlifts - 1.5" deficit
    135 x 10 - overhand grip
    155 x 5
    185 x 5
    225 x 3
    275 x 5
    315 x 3 - alternate grip reversed from my normal grip. It felt very, very, very awkward.

Ab Pulldowns
    70 x 25
    100 x 10 x 2
    80 x 15 x 2

I stood on a couple 1.5" thick plates and wore shoes for deadlifts. I really couldn't notice a difference in my stance, but I felt as if my glutes were working harder. Using an alternate grip reversed from my normal grip felt weird. It threw me off. I'll have to work on the different grips.

I strained my right bicep pretty good trying to hang a flat screen TV the day after Christmas. I'm doing my best to protect my arms while still lifting. Having short arms sucks - 'cept for benching.

Deadlifts are always going to be tough for me. Just means I have to work harder at them.

Did some reverse band bench today. Worked up to 315 for a triple, but the bands subtract about 80~85 lbs off the chest. First time I've done reverse band bench. It was a lot of fun. Can't wait to hit 'em again soon. Now that I know how much my bands take off, I'll be able to more accurately use them in the future.

Green bands - 80~85 lbs off the chest
    Purple bands - 125 lbs off the chest

Should be able to hit 345 with the green bands.

It would be so much fun pressing that kind of weight, even if the bands are helping.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Box Squats - 12" Box
    Bar x 10 - knee sleeves
    135 x 5
    160 x 5
    190 x 3
    225 x 3
    255 x 3
    285 x 3 - unracking it felt heavy, but the weight went up nice and quick. Easy set!

Deadlifts - 1.5" deficit
    255 x 3
    290 x 3
    325 x 3 - left bicep still hurts a bit. Felt I had two more in me.

I felt like I had a lot of drive coming out of the hole on squats. I'm happy with how quick 285 went up. I feel confident with 315 on a 12" box. Can't wait to get that out of the way so I can progress to some heavier weights at a more realistic height.

Deadlifts were kind of meh... left bicep concerns me. I felt I could have gotten 5 or 6 with 325. I didn't stay tight enough and I still felt pretty strong.

Military press tomorrow. How many reps will I get with 155? Tune in tomorrow to find out!

Military Press
    Bar x 10 x 2
    65 x 5 - suicide grip
    80 x 5
    100 x 3
    120 x 5
    140 x 3
    155 x 5 - PR

Incline Bench
    185 x 5 x 3

Tricep Pushdown
    70 x 20 x 3

Pull-ups
    BW - purple band x 15 x 2
    BW - purple band x 12 x 2

BW = 185

I liked doing presses with the suicide grip. It was easier to keep the bar on the correct path. First time I've used a suicide grip and I hit a PR.