Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats big for legs???

Whats big for legs???

What do you consider decent size for quads???? I have always thought I had good genetics for legs..I have worked them a year pretty hard and they are 28 inches cold..is that ok???? What is considered HUGE legs..Tom PLATZ had 40 something inch quads didnt he???? I had a trainer measure them so they should be right ...I was just wondering what was considered big legs??? and whats small???

It would depend on your height.
    I would like 29 inch legs at my height which is 5'9.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Actually, I believe Platz's legs were like 31 inches shredded.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

My thighs are about 29inches cold and i also have good genetics for legs too. Most guys i see at the gym have pretty small legs and most of them dont ever squat! I would say 28 inches is a very respactable size. What about everyone else?
    Failure is a privelage reserved for those who do not try hard enough

How tall are you jock, and what do you weigh?
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

The measurements and stats on the internet are comical. Everyone over at Elite is 5'10" 260lbs and 10% bodyfat -- I guess they just don't feel like competing in the Olympia. lol.

5' 11", 235Lbs and approx 14% bf

The measurements and stats on the internet are comical. Everyone over at Elite is 5'10" 260lbs and 10% bodyfat -- I guess they just don't feel like competing in the Olympia. lol.
    LMAO

I just find it funny how there seem to be so many guys running around with 29 inch thighs. I work with a guy that really does have 29 inch muscular thighs. He's 6'1 260, and very proportionate. He's 13% bodyfat as of today.

Well..im 6'2..228 as of today..BF 12% last week and I have 28 inch thighs.I think they look preety good..wish my back would catch up...
    A strong mind needs a strong body to back it up!!!!!!

My thighs are like 25-26...cm's...

its not the size of quad that matters along w/ alota things its proportions so compare ur quads 2 ur waist and calves if u have 28 quads but upper 30's waist its not that impressive
    to sculpt you must first have concrete
    You are only as stong as your weakest joint

LOL! Thats classic Marshall. Haha thats the truth though it does definitely seem like that huh?

MS

100% Pent Up Anger
    Ok, I guess I'm the "runt" of the litter. I'm 5'7" and have 25 1/2" thighs cold. Keep on squattin'!!
    "You see clouds to the West, immediately you say, 'It is going to rain.' and it does. And when the South wind blows, you say, 'It is going to be hot.' Hypocrites! You know how to interpret the appearance of the earth and the sky. How is it that you don't know how to interpret this present time? Why don't you decide for yourselves what is right?" ~ Jesus speaking in Luke 12:54-57

By the way, there are a lot of drawbacks to having big thighs:
    1: you cant by trousers in regular shops
    2: they run together when you walk for a long way and hurt like hell
    3: your girlfriend complains about having to spread hers that bit wider.

I just find it funny how there seem to be so many guys running around with 29 inch thighs. I work with a guy that really does have 29 inch muscular thighs. He's 6'1 260, and very proportionate. He's 13% bodyfat as of today.
    You tell me his FFMI and i will bet he is not natural.

chronic overtrainer
    under the bar or over the bar during the week, at the bar on weekends
    I'm 6'2'' 225lbs and about 12% bf. My quads are just a tad under 28'' (27 and 3/4" cold). I'd like bigger quads, I think mine a small. I always squat on leg day. Wolfgar must be my twin seperated at birth?
    Cortisol is the enemy.

Remember, it is not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game.

Originally posted by Berzerker666
    Ok, I guess I'm the "runt" of the litter. I'm 5'7" and have 25 1/2" thighs cold. Keep on squattin'!!
    Same here man!! 5'10 25.5" my legs sucks, didnt start training them with intensity until the beginning of the year or so. Im also a fat ass, so take another 1/2" off??
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

HEY SWEET..Too bad we cant workout together!!!!! We sound pretty close ..whats your arms...mine are 17 pumped....

Ok, once again, you guys need to learn how to measure. A lean 28" leg is HUGE. Platz had thighs at right around 30". His were very big. Chasey is exactly right, he trains with a guy that weighs 260 lbs, his thighs are believable at 29". Do you weigh a relatively lean 260 lbs? No, then I don't think you have 28 or 29" thighs. I guess this is silly, if you guys want to run around the net making b.s. claims about your measurements, that is your business. I guess I am getting tired.

Genetic Experiment GeneticallyGifted's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy
    If you have a 28" waist and about 24" thighes how impressive is that?

"IF" its not what would be impressive with a 28" waist?

Also I stand 5"10
    @ 171lbs
    4-5% bf right now, this very moment during my cutting phase.
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

Chest: | Shoulders: | Upper Arm: | Forearm: |
    Waist: |Neck:| Upper Thigh: | Calf: |

Personal Bests: COMING SOON:
    Flat Barbell Presses: | Dips: |Wide-grip Palms Away: |
    Military Barbell Press: |Barbell Squats: |

Originally posted by AFreakyMutation
    If you have a 28" waist and about 24" thighes how impressive is that?

"IF" its not what would be impressive with a 28" waist?

Also I stand 5"10
    @ 171lbs
    4-5% bf right now, this very moment during my cutting phase.
    im totally w/ freaky mutation i have the same measures and accordin 2 the chart on bodbuilding.com thats what they should b.if your quads r big as my waist then ur either overweight or fulla shiot or on alota sauce

whats big is when you walk funny, thats when you know your big

Ok, once again, you guys need to learn how to measure.
    So where abouts do you measure?

A lean 28" leg is HUGE
    I aint claiming my leg is all that lean, like what the DOC said above, but ever since i was a kid they have been disproportionately large compared to my upper body. They were about 24" before i even picked up any weights, from looking back at old training logs.

Originally posted by jock

You tell me his FFMI and i will bet he is not natural.
    Actually he is natural. He's just built to be a very large person. He was a chubby 285 pounder when he graduated highschool. He's now almost 28 years old. The guy's never had a beer, let alone used gear.
    Last edited by BigChaseyChase; 04-26-2002 at 11:41 PM.