Thread: ECA HG MMA and all that

Threaded View

The Highland Brawler Geometheus's Avatar

HG MMA ECA and all that

Hello and thank you for checking this out. I hope you come back often.

This is my first time ever blogging so here we go.....

I wanted to start this thread as a way to both track and share my: workouts, training, and supplementation with everyone. My goal is to have a good record and a place to gather feedback from others.

Lets get it started

History: I started working out in the summer of 1996 while in high school. I would learn later what I did for the next few years was not working out but just hanging out in the gym. I got serious about working out after going through Parris Island with the Marines. I served in the reserves while going to college and that is where I started my love hate relationship with the gym.

I did kickboxing and aikido for 8 years. I have not been a member of a dojo for a few years now and miss it. Currently I participate in the HG (Highland Games), which if you have never seen you 100% need to check it out sometime. They have been going on for a thousand years and are the traditional games of the Celtic peoples. Yes, I can read your mind; and no they dont involve drinking. The best way to picture HG is to think decathlon for strongman in kilts set in a St. Patrick’s Day party out on a green with a real cool bunch of people. - end of plug. I also have plans to join a MMA gym within the next few months. Most of my workouts are geared toward building strength for HG competitions and soon hopefully also getting into a MMA gym. I have a hard time moving away from Powerlifting as that was the basis for most of my strength training through 2005. From 2005 until now I have a laundry list of excuses but bottom line is I have been on again off again in the gym and I am determined to get back into my old routine of discipline and hard work.

10/29

I have done an ECA stack before (read as 6 yeas ago back when you could just go to GNC and buy the real Xenadrine) and am working my way back on now. For the past three days I have done a LoCarb Monster and OJ with my breakfast (because I really dont drink anything caffeinated normally that has been a big RUSH) and this morning I started with one Primatene, for my asthma . I will see how it feels and increases dosage from here.

Statistics:
    Height 71", Weight 276lbs, Neck 18", Chest 52", Gut 43", Hips 41",
    Arms 17.5", Thighs (6"above knee) 22.5", Calfs 18", BF est. 25% ? - will have a friend of mine who is a trainer break out the calipers this week.

I will post again soon with more info on what I am doing in the gym
    Last edited by Geometheus; 10-30-2009 at 01:56 PM.
    ~G~
    Best Raw Lifts Former/Current: 445/505 SQ, 425/345 BP, 530/425 DL
    My training log.... on the way back up with new focus
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=130681