Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: GoodyGirl's Lean Mean Machine Journal

Thai Boxing Bodybuilder The Gasman UK's Avatar
    I wouldnt' worry about the hammers, why not switch to wrist curls or reverse barbell next workout? And great job on the MP's. I'm always following along (except for really busy days at work). Also have you heard of Kat Millar? She's a bodybuilder, similar training styles to yours - BLOODY MENTAL ! lol. Train hard, play hard.
    The Gasmans' journey to the single digits - http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131623

Wannabebig Member
    Impressive! Keep up the great work!

Friday 12th Feb 2010
    Chest / Tri's / Abs

Bench Press with DB's
    12x 25s, 10x 35s, 8 x 45s, 5x 50s (Right arm fail, just couldn't get comfy on the bench), 7 x 50s (=PB)

Incline Bench with DB's (1 min rest period)
    12 x 30s x 2 sets, 35s x 10, 35s x 8 x 2 sets

Flyes
    10 reps x 15lb DBs, 20lb DBs x 2 sets x 10 reps

Dips, assisted
    10 x plate #8, 10 x plate# 6,
    10 reps x plate #5 (PB by 3 reps), #5 x 9 reps, plate# 4 x 6 reps (PB x 1 less plate)

^^^^REALLY REALLY HAPPY with my dips today! I have not done them for a couple of weeks to try and rest the left elbow, so I was chuffed that the rest was good for me.

Cable rope pushdowns
    10 x 50, 10 reps x 80, 8 reps x90

Machine pushdowns
    2 sets x 30kg x 10reps

Pushups Fingers in
    10, 12, 9

Abs
    5.4kg med ball crunches 25
    Mountain climbers 30
    Straight leg butt lift & crunch 20
    Bike kicks 30
    2kg med ball twists x 50
    Plank hold wall 1min (my quads cramped on the wall & I couldn't hold any longer. They're mighty sore today still --just from this!)
    Up down plank 1 min

Stretching & Mobility work

A great workout. I was very pleased.

As for the last 48 hours, I have developed a crappy sore throat & earache. Painkillers I have for my chronic back/neck pain won't even touch the sides and too much alcohol won't dull the pain either. I went to see the Dr. this morning as I was getting desperate. He took one look in my throat and could understand why I'm in so much pain. The tonsils are severely ulcerated. The Dr. felt my glands and said they were enlarged and then asked me "Have you had Glandular Fever?". This made me REALLY nervous! No!!!!! Anyway, as I have already had Glandular Fever in 1994, it's likely it's not this and hopefully just the severe tonsilitis which will clear with the Penicillin injection and 10 days worth of antibiotics. Can you get Glandular Fever twice? Will keep you all posted. I think the gym will not be graced with my presence for a while

Also, thanks everyone for your comments.... i will get 'round to you all asap. You're all great & appreciated!
    Titanium Enhanced.
    Lean Mean Machine in progress!
    Go hard or go home!

GoodyGirl's Lean Mean Machine Journal

Sorry to hear you've been struck down. Rest up and get well soon GG. Also congrats on that good effort and PRs.
    The Gasmans' journey to the single digits - http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131623

Look at the bright side... you won't feel like eating all that much. ;-) When you're sick, you need rest. Concentrate on getting better and don't worry about the workouts. The weights will be waiting when you feel better.

Thanks Tim & Gasman

The sore throat I mentioned further developed into a very nasty case of tonsilitis, which the Dr. initially thought may have been Glandular Fever. But I've had that already, and as it turned out, the throat responded to a penicillin injection & oral anti-biotics. Just as things started looking better, I copped gastro & vomiting. My electrolytes & blood pressure dropped so much, every time I sat or stood up, I felt like passing out. Got that sorted and now I have developed a cough, probably from so much inactivity. That's now wreaking havoc on my lower back. So, this week has not been one of my more enjoyable ones. Not much food, no protein, no energy & no lifting! Not happy. I anticipated that I might get back to the gym tomorrow, but given that I'm still feeling under the weather, I think it may be another few days to at least a week before I return. Anyhow, I'll focus on returning to health first, then hitting the gym hard again asap! Hope you're all happy and healthy.
    Titanium Enhanced.
    Go hard or go home!

Take your time. Your poor body is going through a lot right now! You might feel weak when you step back into the gym, but you'll be surprised at how quickly your strength and stamina return. You'll be hitting new PRs in no time!

Hey Tim, yes the body might be in for a rude shock after around 2 weeks off
    Anyway, at least I can be happy today. It's my birthday.
    And there's one thing worse than getting older, and that's not getting older! lol
    Titanium Enhanced.
    Go hard or go home!

Happy Birthday!!!!

You should be an inspirational speaker GG you've got all the sayings! Happy birthday and enjoy your week.

Still recovering from your birthday bash? Hope you're mending well.

Thanks Boys. Birthday was VERY quiet. But had a belated picnic yesterday with my family and it was great. I'm excited to announce I am returning to the gym this afternoon, albeit just for some light return work. Still have a little bit of a pesty cough but looking fwd to getting moving again! Will keep you posted
    Titanium Enhanced.
    Go hard or go home!

I finally got well enough after severe tonsilitis (2 bouts) and gastro (2 bouts as well WTF?) to get my toosh into the gym on Monday the 1st of March. It had been a WHOPPING 16 days out of the gym. Thankfully my gym were happy to freeze my absenteeism and add it on to the end of my membership so it didn't get wasted.

Anyhow, as it had been so long between workouts, I was still not quite 100% and I had lost 3.5kg, I entered the gym with taking it relatively easy in mind for the next week or two. So, I decided to cut my exercises from 5 sets to 3 and drop the weights. Total workout took me about 50 minutes and then I went for a sauna. Here it is:

Monday 1st March 2010
    10min bike warm up
    Cable pulldowns 10 reps x 60, 70, 80
    T-bar Rows 10 reps x 20kg, 25kg x 2 sets
    Single arm DB row 10 reps x15kg, 17.5kg x 2 sets
    Back extensions 10 reps x 5kg x 3 sets with 10 pumps at end of each set
    Neutral grip chins 4, 3, 2 (almost 3) They felt incredibly hard compared to normal. Part because they were at the end of workout & part because I've no doubt lost some strength)
    Alternating DB Bicep Curls supersetted with Hammer Curls 8kg x 2 sets x 10 reps Was going to do 3 sets but called it quits here
    10min bike

Next day: Some bicep DOMS and some DOMS roughly covering the scapula

Missed Shoulder workout yesterday as was plain old pooped. Going to listen to my body for the next week or two and just make a gradual return with no set days/time etc. On the bright side with missing so long, I'm hoping this has given my left elbow some time to recover from nagging pain. Diet has not been that great since getting better but I'm not terribly worried at the moment. I will get on top of it again soon.
    Titanium Enhanced.
    Go hard or go home!

Good call listening to your body and breaking back in gradually. Glad to see you back on your feet.

Glad you're back at it.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

You'll be surprised at how quickly it all comes back. You'll be hitting new PRs in about a month.

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Insane dips!!
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

I'm still alive but MIA. Got to gym 3 times last week and 3 times week before. Hoping for 4 times this week. I really need to update my journal, but the last 2 weeks have just been pretty easy and just trying to get back into a routine. Good news is, my energy levels are pretty good now, my appetite is good, I have 1kg left to get back to 75kg! I've been eating a little too much of the wrong stuff but it's been good. I miss you all. I know I'm neglecting your journals. Sorry. Home life with kids.... there's not much time for anything else at the moment. Will be back soon.
    Titanium Enhanced.
    Go hard or go home!

GG don't sweat the forum updates! Life gets in the way, and you've got multiple lives to worry about first No need to apologise. Looking forward to your updates when your back on. Take care.

Hello People!

I'm still alive. I've been working out still. Just not finding enough time in the day to do ALL the things I want to do. Looking after young kids, being a domestic goddess and a wife are not as easy as they sound. And footy season is underway, so television time has increased and work ethic has diminished! LOL.

Anyway, it's been some time since I've updated my journal and if I try and backdate my workouts now, I'll be here forever. So, I think what I'll do is waffle on for a bit and begin posting again workout by workout. Fingers crossed.

My last workout was shoulders. I'm loving doing Military Presses. I'm performing them in a gym with no rack, yes that's right, NO RACK! So that means I have to perform a hang clean before I can begin my presses. That's all well and good until I want to press heavier. And then I can't do the hang clean to get the bar to shoulder level. I was able to hang clean and overhead press 89lb for 3 reps but when I attempted to hang clean 94lb I just couldn't get it! I'm going to have to bite the bullet and do some military presses from home. I know you're all thinking why don't I do this anyway... well, screaming kids don't make for an ideal and enjoyable workout. And they know my whereabouts, come and see what Mummy is doing and proceed to get in the way.

After being sick, I've made it back to the 50lb dumbells for my flat bench but the reps are down by about 3. That'll improve over time. One day I'll crack those 55's! Dammit! I'm doing all workouts WITHOUT a spotter so that considered, I'm probably doing ok.

Leg workout each week has yielded a good amount of DOMS in my butt and hammy's! I'm pretty happy about that even though I've walking like a crippled crab. I'm seeing visible hammy's now and liking it! Hubby today told me my butt was flat. I wasn't happy about that!!! It's fired me up! What he meant was he'd like to see more muscle on my buttissimo, but it came out sounding like negative criticism and I was like What the? Huh? Whatchu talkin' 'bout?!!! I don't think my butt is flat OR fat.... But ........ hmmmmmm

I also stumbled across a Strongman website. A local one! They supply equipment and apparently offer some group classes and PT'ing. I'm really excited at the prospect of checking it out and perhaps doing something different once or twice a month!
    Titanium Enhanced.
    Go hard or go home!

Well, yesterday, Friday 26th March, was my planned day for training legs and off I went to the gym. But I was not in a good mood and my heart was just not in it, so I wussed out of my workout. Naughty naughty I know. Slap my 'flat' behind! LOL. I still worked hard but only did cardio. I switched it up between the bike, stepper and the elliptical to break the monotony. I also only did 10minutes of that on the elliptical as any more makes me feet go numb. It's an ongoing problem. I'm not sure if it's shoe related or maybe back related. I trained for 50 minutes total with heart rate above 150 and up to 180. I utilised some intervals and it was not pleasant but the exercise sure as hell improved my mood, so for that, I was grateful.

Saturday 27th March 2010
    LEGS
    20 REP TORTURE

Niggling thoracic pain overnight and into this morning, so I decided to lighten the loads on squats to avoid snapping in half. You know, 'cause that would have been awkward and messy to clean up.

Barbell Box Squats to just below parallel (sit on box) 20 reps x 3sets x 20kg barbell
    Supersetted with:
    Leg Extensions 20 reps x 3 sets x plate #7 Oh GEEZ these were horrendous straight after 20 squats
    Incline Leg press 20 reps x 80kg, 120kg ,140kg (308lb)
    Seated calve raise 3 x 20 x 30,40,50kg
    Leg curls 20 x 37.5, 50, 50
    Standing calve raise 20 reps x 30kg, 35kg, 40kg (88lb)
    Swiss ball Bridging with 10kg plate on legs 20 reps x 2 sets Could feel hammy's, glutes & lower back burning
    Goblet squats 20 reps x 15kg DB plus push aparts I LOVE THESE!
    Stretching

Oh, I also did 10 reps of SLDL's from a box (trying to lower barbell past foot level to stretch out the hammy's). But then a circuit class started and I was booted out of that area. Didn't have time for a warmdown on bike at end of session as I had to pick up the kids from the childminding area.... so I opted for stretching and mobility work instead. I feel like I've had an amazingly productive session given the back complaint. Just goes to show, you don't need super heavy weights all the time to have a good workout. Volume can be killer.

Day off tomorrow. Contemplating taking the kids into Sydney (ANZ Olympic Stadium at Homebush) to watch the Mighty Bulldogs in the Rugby League. That could be workout enough chasing the kids!

Gotta run. The kids want me... MUMMY MUMMY MUMMY!!! Ughhhh. Hope you're all well. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by GoodyGirl; 03-26-2010 at 08:07 PM.
    Titanium Enhanced.
    Go hard or go home!

Glad to see you keep improving and lifting BIG. Keep up the great work in lifting and at home.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

It's school holidays at the moment and 'me' times are few and far between. Was just about to head out to the gym late yesterday afternoon and wouldn't you know it... it bucketed down! and I mean BUCKETED! So I pulled the pin on driving in that and did my workout at home. I was only bothered once by the little one, then I sent her upstairs with Daddy and had a remaining child-free workout.

Oh mannnnn!!!! I tell 'ya, I really needed this workout. It was WICKED! I really enjoyed it. Really, really, REALLY! Here it is:

Military Press:
    18.4kg (40.48lb) x 20reps
    28.4kg (62.48lb) x 12 reps
    33.4kg (73.48lb) x 6 reps
    35.4kg (77.88lb) x 4 reps
    28.4kg (62.48lb) x 8 reps

Swiss ball single arm DB Press:

6 reps x 12.8kg (28.16lb)
    10 reps x 11.8kg (25.96lb)
    10 reps x 11.8kg (25.96lb)

Side Laterals w/5kg plates:
    10 reps
    20 reps
    20 reps

Front raise & rear raises w/2.5kg plates:

50 in a row + hold for as long as possible at very end
    2.5kg (5.5lb) sounds wussy but try it for 50 reps and you soon change your mind haha

Single arm DB snatches: (Loved these!!!!! I see more in my future)
    11.8kg (25.96lb) x 20 each side x 3 sets

I could barely lift my water bottle to my mouth at the end and my shoulders were seriously weighing me down. They copped some major lactic acid for sure. And I had the shakes happening. This morning I feel not only did my shoulders work hard but my middle/upper back worked very hard too! Niiiiiice
    Titanium Enhanced.
    Go hard or go home!

That is a nasty shoulder workout! Good job!
    "The deadlift is more functional in that its very hard to imagine a more useful application of strength than picking heavy *h*t up off the ground" Rip

Max 3x5 Goal 3x5 by 12/31/11 *1X5
    Bench (245) (275) 285x1x1 335
    Dead (385)* (445) 435x1x1 505
    Squat (320) (355) 355X1X1 405
    Squat (195) (275) 20 Reppers!
    (950) (1075) 1075 1245 Goals (Not including 20 reps)
    5'10" 288Lbs 02/01/2011 Goal Weight 230 On my way back from a Break!

Swiss balls scare me Really they do! Nice to see you back here and still hitting it hard!