Thread: GoodyGirl's Lean Mean Machine Journal

Thanks Boys
    Titanium Enhanced.
    Lean Mean Machine in progress!
    Go hard or go home!

GoodyGirl's Lean Mean Machine Journal

Gym Adventures 9/4/2010

**STUPID LEG DAY**

Hubby set up a wrist roller at home from the power rack. Let's hear a WOOHOO!!! WOOHOOOOOO! So, I played with it a little before going to the gym. Used a 20kg plate. Holy Burning Forearms! LOVED IT. It is EVIL!

............ off to gym...............

10 mins bike

DB snatches 10x 7.5kg ,10 x 10kg, 10 x 12.5kg (27.5lb)
    I know I only did these the night before. No need to remind me. BUT.... I loved them sooooo much, I just wanted to do them again. No reason needed. Why mess with enthusiasm?

Suitcase Deadlift
    10 reps ea side x 20kg, 30kg, 35kg (77lb) *PB by 5kg* x 2 sets
    My grip was wrecked towards the end of the 4th set. Mainly from my forearm work on the new wrist roller at home & partly from sweaty hands. I did my best to hold the bar. It kept slipping. The last 4 reps were REALLY hard.

Goblet squats 10 reps x 15kg DB, 10 reps x 20kg DB, 10 reps x 25kg DB (55b)

Walking lunges
    2 sets x 10 reps x 12.5kg DB in each hand, 20 reps x 12.5kg DB in each hand x 2 sets
    Felt sick. Burped. Horrible taste. Uh oh. Phew. Safe. Just a burp.

Single leg extensions plate #2 x 15 reps, plate #3 x 15
    These weights were truly pathetic but felt like I had an elephant sitting on my leg. And the leg not being used ended in a foot cramp. Haha

Leg curls 20 x 40lb x 2 sets

Reverse hypers Modified on swiss ball - BW x 10, 2kg med ball x 10 reps x 2 sets

Abduction/adduction 20 reps each x plate #6

Standing calve raise 20 x 40kg, 15 x 50kg, 10 x 60kg (132lb)

10 min bike

Today: I didn't think I could get out of bed. My legs hurt. My butt hurts. My upper back hurts. My forearms hurt. I HURT! I can't descend onto the toilet without pain. I can't squeeze my butt cheeks together without pain. Haha. Oh lordy lord...... If you don't hear from me tomorrow.... please send HELP........ PLEASE!!!!
    Titanium Enhanced.
    Go hard or go home!

Them toilet squats have got us all before! HA HA!!! Good work Goody!
    "The deadlift is more functional in that it’s very hard to imagine a more useful application of strength than picking heavy *h*t up off the ground" Rip

Max 3x5 Goal 3x5 by 12/31/11 *1X5
    Bench (245) (275) 285x1x1 335
    Dead (385)* (445) 435x1x1 505
    Squat (320) (355) 355X1X1 405
    Squat (195) (275) 20 Reppers!
    (950) (1075) 1075 1245 Goals (Not including 20 reps)
    5'10" 288Lbs 02/01/2011 Goal Weight 230 On my way back from a Break!

Thai Boxing Bodybuilder The Gasman UK's Avatar
    I'm wincing just imagining the lactic acid buildup... nice one.
    The Gasmans' journey to the single digits - http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131623

Hey goodygirl, you still updating this journal? Where you aaaaaaaaaat?
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

Helllllllooooooooooooo Boys and Girls!

I'm still alive. Thanks Dan. Arghhhhh! Life. Sooooo busy. Young kids. Everything is hectic at the moment too. In the middle of a bathroom renovation & cleaning up mess too. Often everything has felt all about everyone else and not about me.... but I guess that's the life of a Mum at times. I've still been training (apart from a week and a half off at one stage) and have just renewed my gym membership for another 6 months. Anytime I can get to the gym is a bonus at the moment.

Emotionally I have been a little down in the dumps lately. Probably in part due to chronic pain and a lack of sleep which makes everything else seem worse. Low point was Hubby's purchase of a replacement motorbike, a Triumph Sprint Motorbike, something I was less than thrilled about, considering the cost right before our bathroom reno! On a good note, I finally got over it when he took me out for a ride on Sunday and it blew the cobwebs out. I told him if he wants me to completely forget the cost of the bike, he should take me out riding more often!

Last week finally covered all bases in the gym and I was thrilled with that This week I've felt better. I've hit some PB's. Single arm suitcase DL's have hit 40kg/88lb (up by 5kg, 11lb) for 10 reps. Chin ups hit 8 reps. They're probably the most notable changes.

Diet has been crap.... really crap..... but body composition is steady. So that's good news. Ha!

I shall try and stick my head in here a little more often. I miss you all and your wonderful feedback. I hope that you're all well and enjoying yourselves.

GG
    Last edited by GoodyGirl; 05-19-2010 at 02:14 AM.
    Titanium Enhanced.
    Go hard or go home!

Good to see you back!!!! When you put in your last status 'If you don't hear from me tomorrow.... please send HELP........ PLEASE!!!!' and then you dissapeared I was worried lol.

Life can get a hold of you at times huh? Glad to hear body comp is stable though and look forward to the future updates!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Yay GG is back !
    The Gasmans' journey to the single digits - http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131623

It's good to be alive still. Whoa! Life has been crazy. Busy. Expensive. Up. Down. All around. One thing that has been pretty constant has been the gym, although I know I have been bad and not updated very much. I hope to turn that around now.

Rather that bore you all with the last few weeks, I'll try and just take off from now. During my chest/tri's workout last week, I FINALLY made it back to the 50lb dumbells for flat bench press, then decided to have a crack at the 55's. I managed 2 reps and failed on the 3rd attempt. But now I have a new benchmark! (pun intended)

My back/neck have been giving me jip lately so I took 3 days off and did legs today instead of last Fri. Neck still not good at all and lower back is still problematic so I did not put a bar on my back today. It didn't feel like a massive volume today, but best be on the safe side. This is all I did.

May 24th 2010

10min bike

Incline leg press 12 x100kg (220lb), 10x140kg (308lb), 10x160kg (352lb), 10x170kg (374lb), 10x140 (308lb)

Seated calf 20x25kg (55lb), 20x37.5kg (82.5lb), 15x40 (88lb)(+10pumps)

Leg curl 20x50,10x62.5,10 67.5

Leg ext 10x35kg (77lb), 10x45kg (99lb), 10x55kg (121lb) (20 pumps at ed of each set)

Leg adduction and Abduction 20 reps x #8, 12 reps x #10

Bike 10mins

......... home ........ *[painkillers]*
    Titanium Enhanced.
    Go hard or go home!

Wannabebig Member
    Hey Girl! Glad all is well and that the training is going well. I had a little bad luck w/ breaking my foot a few weeks back and am recovering from that ...it ruined my cardio workouts, incline leg press and squats but other than that, I can do the rest. I've been hitting the gym 5 days a week with upper body ..I figured I may as well get the upper caught up with the lower as long as I'm limited with the lower body due to the foot issue.

Impressive on the incline leg press..makes me look like a wuss! LOL

Take care!

Amy

Great DB pressing and I agree, best to take it easy on the volume to start with, get back into the swing of things!

Slow and steady back in to it? I suppose for GG 374lb leg press is that. Like it! Yeah agree with what Dan says, don't go mad of volume for a week or two I'd say.

Haven't been able to go mad on the volume at all
    Haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks.
    Struck down with a respiratory tract infection which is STILL persisting.
    The coughing has also messed with my back.
    Hopefully I can get back into the gym next week.
    And a big d'oh about your foot Amy- any better now?
    Sorry for the absence. Again.
    Titanium Enhanced.
    Go hard or go home!

Wannabebig Member
    The foot is healing nicely. I had a few rough patches where I thought I'd never heal up but it's getting better. It's been 6 weeks (yesterday) since I broke it. I can now go without the orthopedic shoe and back in regular shoes (so long as they are not snug). I did some elliptical yesterday for the first time in 6 weeks...it went okay. I spent the past 6 weeks, 5 days a week, building my upper body which is really taking shape. I finally have nice muslce tone in my upper body - some pretty nice biceps if I do say so myself! LOL ...I'm going to ease back into running, squatting (I did them today and it didn't seem to bother my foot), incline leg press, etc. It's been 6 weeks of nothingness with my lower body so I feel a little sluggish with it. I might even do aerobics a few days a week just to tone it all back up (my legs have gotten quite skinny from not working them). How are things with you? Surviving the workouts? Better yet, surviving trying to juggle work, kids and workouts? Hope all is well!

How about an update? Hope everything is well with you and yours!

HELLO!
    I thought I'd better log in here, for a change, before tomv dobs me in for eating chocolate at today's Strongman Event.
    Amazing how you can recognise someone from 1 or 2 photos on Wannabebig. Nice to meet you TomBoy.
    Well, I wasn't competing, but I have now attended 2 strongman comps to watch and must say, I'm keen to have a crack at it.
    I've asked the local SM gym if I can train with them but they are EXTREMELY hesitant to answer me.
    Due mostly to my artificial discs and aneursym clip. They say they are consulting Dr's & a physio but I've given up hope.
    Maybe I shall find somewhere else to train and see if I enjoy Strong(wo)man events & if my back does too.
    Anyway, in short, training is still going well. A little sporadic, but no strength has been lost.
    I've been lovin' clean & presses, single arm BB snatches, single arm suitcase DL's and have been working on DL's too.
    Yesterday I tried sets of 10 thrusters with a max HR of 185bpm.
    Weight is still around 77.8kg. Did wanna lose 3 kg, but I like my food too much.
    Hope you're all well.
    Apologies for my laziness.
    Titanium Enhanced.
    Go hard or go home!

Shoot, have them write up some kind of waiver detailing your injuries and giving them a pass if things go horribly wrong. No reason you shouldn't be able to give it a shot. I'm sure you're more than familiar enough with your own body to know when enough is enough.

Haha I can't dob you in for eating chocolate because you're way leaner than me Gigi. Keep up the good work.
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

I'm in the midst of a stupid challenge. Don't ask why. I just am! hahahaha

'3000 Pushups in 30 Days' Challenge.
    Current Stats:
    Over 1/2 way!
    Day 10 complete.
    Daily total: 206.
    Monthly total: 1608.
    Remaining: 1392.
    Avg/day remaining: 81.88.
    I AM SO SO SO SO SOOOOO SORE.

Yesterday was bench day and even with all the pushups, I managed a PB for reps, improving by 3 reps.
    Flat bench PB 5 reps using 2x55lb dumbells
    Next week I plan on trying out the 60lb DB's for the first time ever and see if I can get one rep.
    Cramps were bad in the gym yesterday. Workout in the gym was bench x 6 sets, pushups x 54 reps and pushdowns x 50p reps. It took me a whole hour! I had to rest so much between sets due to tricep, anterior delt and right pec cramps.

Tim, in other news, I have been in touch with another Strongman organisation and have been given the go ahead to begin some training with them in a couple of weeks. YAY! In the meantime, instructions are to ramp up the DL's, which is what I did last Fri. Best DL was 90.5kg. I also did some zercher squats.

And thanks TomBoy. I had some more chocky tonight. Mmmmmmmmm

That's it folks. For now. Hope you're all fighting fit and happy.
    Titanium Enhanced.
    Go hard or go home!

Strongman is fun stuff! You'll enjoy it!

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Stongman stuff nice! I'll be sure to check in here.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

Thanks guys. Hopefully it all works out and I don't embarrass myself. Too much.
    Busy old day here. Only just managed a very small workout.
    Partial DL's @ 22 inch height.
    A few sets. Best set at 222.4lb (101.9kg) x 10 reps (called it a night here)
    Other that that, 100 pushups today on Day 12 (more to come tonight)
    MONTHLY TOTAL: 1852.
    Thoracic vertebra feeling jammed up. Pecs tight as all hell. Tri's shredded to bits. Ouch.

I hope you're doing a ton of stretching with this silly little challenge you've got going on GiGi :P
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!
    For how long, who knows.....
    Hiiiiii everyone.
    Titanium Enhanced.
    Go hard or go home!

Awesome to have you back girl!

Hows life and training been treating you?!?