Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Mutaffis Q&A

Does medication like Ibuprofen have a negative effect on your workout results? Because i have to take them right now but i don't know if medication influences your muscle growth?

Wannabebig Member
    Whats the typical diet of a strongman competitor look like? I have to do a one week diet for an athlete in my nutrition class and was thinking about doing one for someone who competes in strongman competitions.
    50 in Aug 09
    5'10"
    260#
    all Raw lifts
    Bench: 450# (all time best)
    Squat: 600#+
    DL: 450# (never really focused on DL's)

starting over after a 10 year layoff.

Quote Originally Posted by twm View Post
    1. I would like to maintain bench and squat strength, however historically, I have never been able to maintain pressing strength on past diets... so I'm willing to accept that decrease

2. I do SLDLs for reps at 315 after deading. Never really pushed the envelope on these. Also, I have a short legs and a long torso so I have been using more back than legs while deading.

3. Current max is 507 raw which i hit last monday, though it was a grinder and slightly hitched. I tried 516 today and I couldnt even budge it from the floor... it was laughable. I drank a lot over the weekend due to halloween which is really unusual, so that failure may be related. I am dieting to a ~10% bf level. I am about 14-15 currently. I suspect it will take me 12-14 weeks to get to that level at a current bw of 228. I would like to stay lean after this diet. I've found that having even medium fat composition is really unenjoyable for me.
    I have seen the biggest increase in my deadlift by working on other movements such as front squats and box squats. Deadlift is so demanding (CNS) that you really cannot train heavy deadlifts every week or you will eventually burn yourself out.

Many of my training partners have also had a lot of success with heavy abdombinal and lower back work.

The reason why I asked about your other goals is that there are certain programs out there that can be very effective in bringing up your deadlift but will force you to neglect other movements/bodyparts. One of the best programs for this is the Magnusson-Ortmayer program, although it is quite demanding and may not be suited for a calorie restricted diet. One way to adapt the program for someone who is 'cutting' would be to simply perform the deadlifts every other week instead of every week, this will allow for ample recovery time and you will still make similar progress.

Example:
    Week 1: Week 1
    Week 2: Rest / Heavier Accessory Movements
    Week 3: Week 2
    Week 4: Rest / Heavier Accessory Movements
    Week 5: Week 3

Here is how we will utilize this program to adapt it to your needs...

Training Split:

Deadlift Week:
    Monday: Accessory Day - Speed Box Squats (10) sets of (2) @ 55%, Core
    Tuesday: Upper Body (Push) - Dumbell / Barbell Bench, Dips, etc.
    Wednesday: Rest
    Thursday: Deadlift
    Friday: Rest
    Saturday: Upper Body (Pull) - Chins, Rows, Etc.
    Sunday:Rest

Non-Deadlift Week:
    Thursday: Heavy Front/Box/OLY Squats
    Friday: Upper Body (Pull) - Chins, Rows, Etc.
    Saturday: Rest
    Sunday: Rest

The core work on your Accessory Day is heavy abdominal and low back movements (weighted crunches or hypers).

You may want to consider planning your cheat meals for the day of your deadlift workouts to give you some extra calories/fat to help fuel your training.

Let me know you think about the program.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 218 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Quote Originally Posted by ebomb5522 View Post
    Thanks, thats how I did them today.

Another question. Should I do squats and Trap Bar Deadlifts on the same day and what would their rep ranges be, and would it be wise to keep it to only 3 days a week?
    My advice would be to train how you compete. If you have access to a trap bar then use that for your training and do not worry about squatting until after the event.

You can train 3-4 days per week, it depends on the intensity and volume of each workout. Training (3) days per week allows you to push yourself a bit harder, but 4 days per week allows you to incorporate more overall volume and include more movements if there are a number of things that you want to work on. You can always do (3) heavy weight training days and then a conditioning day where you do plyometrics, cardio, etc.

Weight: 218 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by ncsuLuke View Post
    Tom, I recently injured my shoulder doing overhead pressing/cleans (I think it is my AC joint) and I have taken time off and it seems to be better and isn't hurting in the gym. What are some good shoulder and chest exercises that I can do that are easier on the shoulder? As much as I love exercises like thrusters, cleans, push press, etc. they put a good bit of stress on my shoulders. I hope to be back to the point where I can do those exercises fine but until then I still want to get a workout in but keep it shoulder friendly.

Also, would doing decline be better for my shoulders than bench press? I have gone to dumbbell bench lately because I have found it is less stressful but I just don't feel as if dumbbell bench is as effective as barbell.

Thanks!
    Sorry to hear about the injury.

I would not bench press in general unless you were interested in competing in powerlifting. Everyone who I know who benches heavy has had problems with their shoulders/pecs, but with dumbbells or incline press you do not run into a lot of those isssues.

How is your technique on the dumbbell press? There are a lot of people who cut the motion short which makes it ineffective.

This may sound ridiculous, but if you want a good isolation movement for your chest try doing dumbell presses on a swiss ball. I used to do these with 85-95 lbs dumbells for relatively high reps and it really taxes your pecs, much more so than doing them on a regular flat bench.

Some of the hammer strength machines can be good for rehabbing injuries as well.

My advice would be to try out some different movements and try to give the injured shoulder as much rest as possible. If you switch over to some dumbbell/machine work for a few weeks there is a good chance that you will recover and be able to slowly resume barbell training. If you continue to push things then you could end up with a serious/permanent issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Shemz View Post
    Does medication like Ibuprofen have a negative effect on your workout results? Because i have to take them right now but i don't know if medication influences your muscle growth?
    How long are you going to be taking the NSAIDs for?

One thing that you may want to try is high dose fish oil supplementation. Fish Oil has anti-inflamatory properties and can help with joint pain.

I would only use NSAID's for short periods to alleviate pain from muscle strains. They should not become a regular part of your training regimen. If they are then you need to address the underlying issue that is causing the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddog View Post
    Whats the typical diet of a strongman competitor look like? I have to do a one week diet for an athlete in my nutrition class and was thinking about doing one for someone who competes in strongman competitions.
    The diet will depend on the goals of that particular individual, but most have a common theme - high calories and high protein.

Since this is for a nutrition class I don't know that recommending fast food to someone would be a good idea, although the majority of strongman competitors do eat a fair amount of junk food.

Here is what my diet looks like right now:
    • Breakfast: (2) Whole Grain Waffles or (1 1/2 - 2) servings oatmeal, or Breakfast Sandwich (whole grain, egg white, turkey sausage). Fish Oil.
    • Mid-Morning: (1) Serving Results, (2-3) Scoops Nitrean, sometimes piece of fruit or oatmeal.
    • Lunch: Tuna/Chicken/Lean Beef
    • Afternoon Snack: (2-4) Tablespoons Natural Peanut Butter (1) scoop Nitrean
    • Pre-Workout: Varies (oatmeal, fruit, energy supplements)
    • Post-Workout: Varies (Maximus, Nitrean, Opticen)
    • Dinner: Moderate Fat, Moderate Carb, High Protein meal.
    • Late Night: Protein Shake, Tuna, Or Skim Milk.

Objective: I try to get at least 200 grams of protein per day, 250 on training days along with enough calories to maintain bodyweight and support recovery.

Most of the food that I eat is clean but on the weekends I will generally have at least one high calorie (1,000+) cheat meal. During periods of intense training or when I am trying to put on size then I will drink another shake or two and throw in some other items such as peanut butter sandwiches, skim milk, etc.

A lot of guys love pop tarts, pizza, and all kinds of other food. Again, probably not something that you want to present for a nutritional class.

Hopefully this is what you were looking for. I can help you to put something together if you give me more background on the individual (current statistics, supplements, goals).

Nah it's got nothing to do with my muscles, my basic rule is no pain no gain! i have to take them for a problem with my ear and i was hoping it doesn't affect my results?

Quote Originally Posted by Shemz View Post
    Nah it's got nothing to do with my muscles, my basic rule is no pain no gain! i have to take them for a problem with my ear and i was hoping it doesn't affect my results?
    If you are on them to treat a medical condition with your ear then I would not worry.

Here is the concern with NSAIDs and weight training:

"When muscles are injured or stressed after a workout, an enzyme called cyclooxygenase (COX) is released. That enzyme inflames the muscle and causes pain. NSAIDs work by inhibiting the COX enzyme, reducing inflammation and the related pain. Reducing pain is generally a good idea. But reducing pain by stopping inflammation is bad. Inflammation is something that muscles must go through to grow."

With that in mind, it is unlikely that the amount that you are taking is enough to have a drastic impact on your physique or gains.

Here is a study on a related topic that shows that the ibuprofen did not have any effect on hypertrophy or strength:

Krentz, Joel et al. 2008. The effects of ibuprofen on muscle hypertrophy, strength, and soreness during resistance training. Applied Physiology, Nutrition & Metabolism 33/3, 20080601 470-475.

Portion of the abstract:

"Twelve males and 6 females (~24 years of age) trained their right and left biceps on alternate days (6 sets of 4-10 repetitions), 5 d·week<sup>-1</sup>, for 6 weeks. In a counter-balanced, double-blind design, they were randomized to receive 400 mg·d<sup>-1</sup> ibuprofen immediately after training their left or right arm, and a placebo after training the opposite arm the following day. Before- and after-training muscle thickness of both biceps was measured using ultrasound and 1 repetition maximum (1 RM) arm curl strength was determined on both arms. Subjects rated their muscle soreness daily. There were time main effects for muscle thickness and strength (p < 0.01). Ibuprofen consumption had no effect on muscle hypertrophy (muscle thickness of biceps for arm receiving ibuprofen: pre 3.63 +/- 0.14, post 3.92 +/- 0.15 cm; and placebo: pre 3.62 +/- 0.15, post 3.90 +/- 0.15 cm) and strength (1 RM of arm receiving ibuprofen: pre 18.6 +/- 2.8, post 23.4 +/- 3.5 kg; and placebo: pre 18.8 +/- 2.8, post 22.8 +/- 3.4 kg). Muscle soreness was elevated during the first week of training only, but was not different between the ibuprofen and placebo arm. We conclude that a moderate dose of ibuprofen ingested after repeated resistance training sessions does not impair muscle hypertrophy or strength and does not affect ratings of muscle soreness."

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mutaffis View Post
    The diet will depend on the goals of that particular individual, but most have a common theme - high calories and high protein.

Since this is for a nutrition class I don't know that recommending fast food to someone would be a good idea, although the majority of strongman competitors do eat a fair amount of junk food.
    I saw while googling one site that mentioned the Wendy's diet. Something like 3 double stacks as part of a meal. Not sure my nutrition professor would go for that, lol.

Here is what my diet looks like right now:
    • Breakfast: (2) Whole Grain Waffles or (1 1/2 - 2) servings oatmeal, or Breakfast Sandwich (whole grain, egg white, turkey sausage). Fish Oil.
    • Mid-Morning: (1) Serving Results, (2-3) Scoops Nitrean, sometimes piece of fruit or oatmeal.
    • Lunch: Tuna/Chicken/Lean Beef
    • Afternoon Snack: (2-4) Tablespoons Natural Peanut Butter (1) scoop Nitrean
    • Pre-Workout: Varies (oatmeal, fruit, energy supplements)
    • Post-Workout: Varies (Maximus, Nitrean, Opticen)
    • Dinner: Moderate Fat, Moderate Carb, High Protein meal.
    • Late Night: Protein Shake, Tuna, Or Skim Milk.

Objective: I try to get at least 200 grams of protein per day, 250 on training days along with enough calories to maintain bodyweight and support recovery.

Most of the food that I eat is clean but on the weekends I will generally have at least one high calorie (1,000+) cheat meal. During periods of intense training or when I am trying to put on size then I will drink another shake or two and throw in some other items such as peanut butter sandwiches, skim milk, etc.
    This is something more of what I was looking for. How many calories a day would you say is average for a Strongman competitor?

A lot of guys love pop tarts, pizza, and all kinds of other food. Again, probably not something that you want to present for a nutritional class.
    Probably right.

Hopefully this is what you were looking for. I can help you to put something together if you give me more background on the individual (current statistics, supplements, goals).
    I didn't have any particular individual in mind. I was just looking for something generic I could build a 7 day meal plan around. I may look into maybe a distance or mid-distance runner. My son ran mid-distance in high school till he graduated, so I kinda have some interest there as well as lifting sports. Thanks
    Last edited by rabiddog; 11-04-2009 at 05:05 PM.
    50 in Aug 09
    5'10"
    260#
    all Raw lifts
    Bench: 450# (all time best)
    Squat: 600#+
    DL: 450# (never really focused on DL's)

starting over after a 10 year layoff.

Personally I would generally train for 2-3 months and then deload by doing no weight training for a week and just cardiovascular exercises. This recover week would come once I had hit a plateau or if I was feeling burnt out (designated by instincts / performance).
    Hi Tom

When you take a week off like you say, when you come back do you continue with the same reps/weight, or do you up it? And do you find yourself stronger after a week off or? Any details you have would be great

Thanks

Sorry to hear about the injury.

I would not bench press in general unless you were interested in competing in powerlifting. Everyone who I know who benches heavy has had problems with their shoulders/pecs, but with dumbbells or incline press you do not run into a lot of those isssues.

How is your technique on the dumbbell press? There are a lot of people who cut the motion short which makes it ineffective.

This may sound ridiculous, but if you want a good isolation movement for your chest try doing dumbell presses on a swiss ball. I used to do these with 85-95 lbs dumbells for relatively high reps and it really taxes your pecs, much more so than doing them on a regular flat bench.

Some of the hammer strength machines can be good for rehabbing injuries as well.

My advice would be to try out some different movements and try to give the injured shoulder as much rest as possible. If you switch over to some dumbbell/machine work for a few weeks there is a good chance that you will recover and be able to slowly resume barbell training. If you continue to push things then you could end up with a serious/permanent issue.
    Thanks Tom you are a great help. As for my form with DB Bench I bring the dumbbells down to my chest and post injury I have been bringing them down palms facing in and turning them to face my legs on the way up. It feels like it puts less pressure on my shoulder this way.

Thanks again!
    6'1", 215lbs

Deadlift - 475, Front Squat - 320, Back Squat - 405

hi Tom Mutaffis

i would like to ask how many sets and reps you think would fully exhaust the muscle part?

thanks.

Tom,
    I know this question is a little vague and depends on the weight being used and the weight class, but what do you think is a good time for the Crucifix dumbbell hold at 25 lb, 30 lb, and 35 lb?

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddog View Post
    I saw while googling one site that mentioned the Wendy's diet. Something like 3 double stacks as part of a meal. Not sure my nutrition professor would go for that, lol.

How many calories a day would you say is average for a Strongman competitor?

I didn't have any particular individual in mind. I was just looking for something generic I could build a 7 day meal plan around. I may look into maybe a distance or mid-distance runner. My son ran mid-distance in high school till he graduated, so I kinda have some interest there as well as lifting sports. Thanks
    There were guys on there who were eating more than (3) double stacks as one meal. It will make you bigger and stronger but your aesthetics and general health will suffer; although some strongman competitors are only concerned with short term mass or strength gains.

Average calories for most guys will range anywhere from 3K-7K+ depending on the size of the individual and their goals. I would say that a general figure would be around 4K/day.

For a 7-day meal plan I would put something together that is high in healthy fats, high in carbohydrates, and high in protein. Perhaps a plan with 6 days of closely moderated eating and then a 'feed' day where the person just tries to eat as many calories as possible. This will help to maintain a balance of desirable body composition and general health but will still have enough calories to gain mass and support recovery.

The distance runner program sounds like a good alternative since that is a sport where diet is a big factor. The complex carbohydrates and fats required to support endurance training / recovery make nutrient timing and food selection must more important.

Quote Originally Posted by greemah View Post
    When you take a week off like you say, when you come back do you continue with the same reps/weight, or do you up it? And do you find yourself stronger after a week off or? Any details you have would be great
    There are a few different ways to handle a week off depending on your training objective at that time.

If I took the week off because I am injured/tired they I may ease back into things on my first week back just to get in some good training sessions and not re-aggrivate any tendonitis or other issues.

On the other hand if it was a planned week off after a heavy training cycle then the next week is likely a time when I would go for PR lifts as I will be well rested and full recovered for those workouts. This is the reason that many powerlifters take off or only do some light lifting the week before a meet.

Usually I feel stronger and perform better the week after resting; as long as I stay active and remain on track with my diet.

Knowing when to take time off is an important part of making progress with your training.

I have seen the biggest increase in my deadlift by working on other movements such as front squats and box squats. Deadlift is so demanding (CNS) that you really cannot train heavy deadlifts every week or you will eventually burn yourself out.

Many of my training partners have also had a lot of success with heavy abdombinal and lower back work.

The reason why I asked about your other goals is that there are certain programs out there that can be very effective in bringing up your deadlift but will force you to neglect other movements/bodyparts. One of the best programs for this is the Magnusson-Ortmayer program, although it is quite demanding and may not be suited for a calorie restricted diet. One way to adapt the program for someone who is 'cutting' would be to simply perform the deadlifts every other week instead of every week, this will allow for ample recovery time and you will still make similar progress.

Example:
    Week 1: Week 1
    Week 2: Rest / Heavier Accessory Movements
    Week 3: Week 2
    Week 4: Rest / Heavier Accessory Movements
    Week 5: Week 3

Here is how we will utilize this program to adapt it to your needs...

Training Split:

Deadlift Week:
    Thursday: Deadlift
    Friday: Rest
    Saturday: Upper Body (Pull) - Chins, Rows, Etc.
    Sunday:Rest

Non-Deadlift Week:
    Thursday: Heavy Front/Box/OLY Squats
    Friday: Upper Body (Pull) - Chins, Rows, Etc.
    Saturday: Rest
    Sunday: Rest

The core work on your Accessory Day is heavy abdominal and low back movements (weighted crunches or hypers).

You may want to consider planning your cheat meals for the day of your deadlift workouts to give you some extra calories/fat to help fuel your training.

Let me know you think about the program.
    Tom, that looks awesome, thank you so much for your time. Anything specific you recommend for someone who works out first thing in the morning? 6am... I am currently just taking 7g of creatine, 75g of dextrose and 30g of whey, 200mg of caffeine

Also, should switch entirely to front squats to support this goal or just on heavy day?
    Last edited by twm; 11-05-2009 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jumperzz View Post
    I would like to ask how many sets and reps you think would fully exhaust the muscle part?
    For large muscle groups (chest, back, legs) I would typically perform 8-12 sets and for small muscle groups (biceps, triceps, shoulders) you can go with 6-8 sets.

There are a few other factors to be considered such as intensity, time under tension, rest periods, and overall training session duration.

Quote Originally Posted by ebomb5522 View Post
    Tom,
    I know this question is a little vague and depends on the weight being used and the weight class, but what do you think is a good time for the Crucifix dumbbell hold at 25 lb, 30 lb, and 35 lb?
    For most timed hold events the promoter will try to make it so that the winner is around or just over 1 minute. Competitive times would generally be in the 45 second range, so that is what I would shoot for in training.

If you are doing a timed hold with your arms out to your sides with 30 lbs dumbells then anything over 30 seconds would be good in my opinion.

Here is a routine that I put together for another gentleman on here. It is a good 3-day split for those who are looking for a simple weight training regimen.

Dave's 3-Day Split:

Monday: Pulling (Back/Biceps/Deadlift)
    - Deadlifts (3 sets)
    - Chins (3 sets)
    - One-Arm Dumbbell Rows (2 sets)
    - Close Grip Pulldowns (2 sets)
    - Barbell Curls (2 sets)
    - Hammer Curls (1 set)

Wednesday: Pushing (Chest/Shoulders/Triceps)
    - Flat Dumbbell Bench Press (3 Sets)
    - Incline Barbell Bench Press (2 sets)
    - Dips (2 sets)
    - Seated Dumbbell Military Press (3 sets)
    - Overhead Dumbbell Extension (2 sets)
    - Side Laterals (2 sets)
    - Pushdowns (2 sets)
    - Cable Crossover / Pec Deck (1 set)

Friday: Lower Body (Legs)
    - Squats (4 sets)
    - Strait Leg Deadlifts (2 sets)
    - Walking Lunges (2 sets)
    - Leg Curl / Feet High Leg Press Superset (2 sets)
    - Calf Raises (3 sets)

Remember that each workout has to be completed in one hour or less.

For the first two exercises in each workout you should train relatively heavy and take longer rest periods (3 minutes). As you continue through the workout you should increase the pace and focus on putting in quality work in the 8-10 rep range, with shorter rest periods (2 minutes).

Quote Originally Posted by twm View Post
    Tom, that looks awesome, thank you so much for your time. Anything specific you recommend for someone who works out first thing in the morning? 6am... I am currently just taking 7g of creatine, 75g of dextrose and 30g of whey, 200mg of caffeine

Also, should switch entirely to front squats to support this goal or just on heavy day?
    You could probably get away with a little bit less dextrose and maybe replace that with some fruit or oatmeal. Perhaps cut out about 25g dextrose and cook some oatmeal then blend it in with your shake (1/2 cup) or just eat a banana instead. You could also drop your creatine down to 5g/day if you are using Creapure.

Have you ever tried beta-alanine? It works well with creatine.

You do not need to switch over to doing only front squats, but since you will be doing a lot of box squats with the speed work you could just do front or OLY squats for your heavier squatting workouts. It is personal preference and either one of the three movements that I listed would work.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and of course keep me posted on your deadlift.

Tom: Just copy your routine and i added some rep scheme with a minor modification, you think that good and dosable?)

Monday: Pulling (Back/Biceps/Deadlift)
    - Deadlifts (3 sets) (on trapbar because i like it!) 5-3-1
    - Chins (3 sets) 3 sets of max reps
    - One-Arm Dumbbell Rows (2 sets) 2 sets of max reps on a given weight
    - Close Grip Pulldowns (2 sets) one warmup, one rest pause set
    - Barbell Curls (2 sets) one warmup, one rest pause set
    - Hammer Curls (1 set) one work set only

Wednesday: Pushing (Chest/Shoulders/Triceps)
    - Flat Dumbbell Bench Press (3 Sets) 2 warmup, one rest pause set
    - Seated Dumbbell Military Press (3 sets)2 warmup, one rest pause set
    - Incline Barbell Bench Press or Incline hammer strenght(2 sets) 2 sets of max reps
    - Dips (2 sets)
    - Overhead Dumbbell Extension (2 sets)2 sets of max reps
    - Side Laterals (2 sets)2 sets of max reps
    - Pushdowns (2 sets)2 sets of max reps
    - Cable Crossover / Pec Deck (1 set)2 set of max reps

Friday: Lower Body (Legs)
    - Squats - 5/3/1
    - Strait Leg Deadlifts (2 sets)
    - Walking Lunges (2 sets)
    - Leg Curl / Feet High Leg Press Superset (2 sets)
    - Calf Raises (3 sets)

What i mean by 2 sets of max reps is i like to track my pr and try to beat them the next week even if i know i cannot set record every week. As is still play hockey on monday and sometime wednesday i can do my legs workout on either friday and saturday and not be sore at all(well almost). As im still on the 5/3/1 original template this mean i dump the bench and barbell overhead press...maybe to comeback later, do you think dumbell on those 2 movement are as good as barbell??

Thanks again Tom!!
    "Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen."
    Michael Jordan

My training log;
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=115003

hey tom,

is 3-4 working sets with 5 or less reps best for strength gains?

thanks.

There are a few different ways to handle a week off depending on your training objective at that time.

If I took the week off because I am injured/tired they I may ease back into things on my first week back just to get in some good training sessions and not re-aggrivate any tendonitis or other issues.

On the other hand if it was a planned week off after a heavy training cycle then the next week is likely a time when I would go for PR lifts as I will be well rested and full recovered for those workouts. This is the reason that many powerlifters take off or only do some light lifting the week before a meet.

Usually I feel stronger and perform better the week after resting; as long as I stay active and remain on track with my diet.

Knowing when to take time off is an important part of making progress with your training.
    Thanks Tom

One side of my back is bigger than the other, is this normal? I mean you got your spine and then on each side you got this thick muscle in the middle of your back? Can i even it out or is it just another way of nature saying: "**** you, you don't get to have symmetry"?

I think it's the sacrospinalis?

Somewhat like this guy:

http://img137.imageshack.us/i/anatomyconfusion.jpg/

Bigger on the left side than on the right, i don't know much about it, but it just feels weird..i have the feeling it should be even.
    Last edited by Shemz; 11-08-2009 at 04:57 AM.