Quote Originally Posted by brihead301 View Post
Hey, thanks for the fast response! I typically train 3 days a week, and I just cycle through the days (squat, bench, deadlift, press). I try to train on non-consecutive days, but sometimes I'll do 2 days in a row if I need to. I also do Jiu-Jitsu 2 - 3 days a week for 1 hr. each class, so I try to get everything in there.

About the diet, I wasn't sure if dietary changes were needed. My old version of this program had me doing this:

Squat day: Squat - 5/3/1, hack squat/bulgarian split squat superset - 3 x 10, abs
Bench day: Bench - 5/3/1, DB overhead press/pullups/BB row superset - 4 x 10 (or less if heavier weights were used), random tricep isolation lift
Deadlift day: Deadlift - 5/3/1, front squat - 4 x 10, SLDL's or RDL's - 3 x 10, abs
OH Press day: OH Press - 5/3/1, CGBP/Clean and press - 4 x 10/4 x 5, BB curls/DB curls - 3 x 10

Basically, I think the intensity and volume is roughly the same as it was before, maybe even less now. I'm not sure if I need to change my diet, but I dunno?

Thanks again!
I agree that weight training 3X/week and martial arts 2-3X/week works out well. This should allow for proper recovery and give you a good balance of strength, hypertrophy, and conditioning.

The reason that I asked about dietary changes is that a lot of people 'clean up' their diet when starting a hypertrophy program and sometimes that puts you in a calorie deficit which can impact recovery capabilities.

Everything looks good with what you have planned, keep me posted on how it works for you.