Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 449

Thread: Doing work! My road to 2011 World Championships.

  1. #201
    Team Chesticles! Unholy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,880
    Likewise Jordan.

    I'm not sure exactly what your goals are, but you have a VERY bright future ahead of you if you stick with it and keep the good work up.

    Being so similar in build to you should give you a little motivation. **** we even have the same haircut.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

    At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

  2. #202
    Clean Bulk in Progress james_w8lifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
    Today I had an epiphany in the gym. I was getting ready to do my leg workout and I see a whole swarm of what looks to be HS kids or maybe freshman in college. You guessed it, they are all training bench press and ez bar curls. I laughed to myself and realized that due to their misfortune all of the squat racks were empty. So if your a gym idiot, don't stop now! The real weightlifters like having all the real equipment to ourselves.
    Same way in my gym man. Every skinny guy newbie in there does 5 different bicep exercises, then 5 different tricep exercises, then they leave. I just wanna go up to them and shake em lol.

    Awesome leg workout, crazy volume as usual
    6' 1.... 211lbs.
    Bench: 275lbs x 1
    Deadlift: 385lbs x 1
    Squat: ??? (not enough)
    Goal by the end of May 2010... Weigh 225lbs.

    Journal: The Obligation... Become a F***** Beast

  3. #203
    WBB Team Captain Coke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Jacob's ladder
    Posts
    35,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
    I LOVE bodybuilding because we are constantly learning and improving. I wish more people took the time to do so and spent less time worrying about how much weight the move on the same lifts over and over and over again.
    I'm hearing you Paul, the people who look outstanding are the ones who lift with moderate weights and do a huge volume of work.

    The leg day is super guy.
    Last edited by Coke; 02-07-2010 at 07:58 PM.

  4. #204
    Team Chesticles! Unholy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,880
    Thanks Guys.


    Heres some pics from tonight.

    No pump, poor light , bloated from salty super bowl treats and I trained legs this morning.

    I can't wait to mini cut.

    Enough excuses.








    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

    At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

  5. #205
    TJW jed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,712
    Thanks for the words up there, man. I definitely plan on continuing to hit the weights hard, and when I reach 220-230 I would like to consider BBing if I would have time, it's always been in the back of my head.

    Looking great in the pics, dude. Back looks real solid. Nice little spare tire you got going there Just kiddin bud.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    PR's - Squat 350 | Bench 290 | Deadlift 400.4 | BW 203
    P Clean 98 KG | Jerk 106 | Full Clean 106 |
    Philippians 4:13 - "I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me."
    "I'm really impressed with your dedication. I will call it your jedication." - killxswitch
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

  6. #206
    Team Chesticles! Unholy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,880
    Nothing little about the spare tire bro!
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

    At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

  7. #207
    LittleJake JSully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    2,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
    Nothing little about the spare tire bro!
    holy ****, I've only got about 10lbs until I'm where you're at..


    lol, it's not like it's a ****ing mudder.. more like a bicycle tire.. looking good bro.. looks like you've put a bit of LBM on as well..
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

  8. #208
    Team Chesticles! Unholy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,880

    Day 1 Week 1 (of 51)

    Rest day today.

    Too all my fellow 2011 competitors, I look forward to seeing you on stage....and hopefully by the time this log is finished...you won't want be looking forward to standing next to me at all

    My original transformation was a 50 weeks journey of learning, hard work, discipline, and not giving up on my goals. In the end it payed off. I figure now is as good of a time as any to lay down a solid plan to make for ONE HELL of a journey through 2010 and leading into my second contest prep.

    I talked to some very smart individuals today and came up with a game plan that I will adhere to, to the best of my ability. Obviously some of this is subject to change but as far as bringing up my glaring weaknesses I feel as though this will produce some nifty results.

    So without further a due I present my plan of attack for the remainder of my GROW season.

    51 weeks mapped out. Sound familiar?

    Week 1
    Training - PHAT
    3700 cals
    Week 2
    Training - PHAT
    3700 cals
    Week 3
    Training - PHAT
    3700 cals
    Week 4
    Training - PHAT
    Macros - Mini Cut wk 1 - 75/350/210
    Week 5
    Training - PHAT
    Macros - Mini Cut wk 2 - ~55/300/210
    Week 6
    Training - PHAT
    Macros - Mini Cut wk 3- ~55/250/210
    Week 7
    Training - PHAT
    Macros - Mini Cut wk 4- ~50/225/210
    Week 8
    Training - PHAT
    Macros - Mini Cut wk 5- ~40/225/210
    Week 9
    Training - PHAT
    Macros - ~65/350/210
    Week 10
    Training - PHAT
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 11
    Training - PHAT
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 12
    Training - PHAT
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 13
    Training - SMOLOV Base Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 100g carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 14
    Training - SMOLOV Base Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 100g carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 15
    Training - SMOLOV Base Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 100g carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 16
    Training - SMOLOV Rest Mesocycle
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 17
    Training - SMOLOV Rest Mesocycle
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 18
    Training - SMOLOV Rest Mesocycle
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 19
    Training - SMOLOV Intense Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 125g Carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 20
    Training - SMOLOV Intense Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 125g Carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 21
    Training - SMOLOV Intense Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 125g Carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 22
    Training - SMOLOV Intense Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 125g Carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 23
    Training - Deload
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 24
    Training - Smolov JR Bench w/ 5/3/1 for BBing
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 25
    Training - Smolov JR Bench w/ 5/3/1 for BBing
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 26
    Training - Smolov JR Bench w/ 5/3/1 for BBing
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 27
    Training - Smolov JR for BACK w/ 5/3/1 for BBing
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 2
    Training - Smolov JR for BACK w/ 5/3/1 for BBing
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 29
    Training - Smolov JR for BACK w/ 5/3/1 for BBing
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 30
    Training - Smolov JR Bench w/ 5/3/1 for BBing
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 31
    Training - Smolov JR Bench w/ 5/3/1 for BBing
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 32
    Training - Smolov JR Bench w/ 5/3/1 for BBing
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 33
    Training - Smolov JR for BACK w/ 5/3/1 for BBing
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 34
    Training - Smolov JR for BACK w/ 5/3/1 for BBing
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 35
    Training - Smolov JR for BACK w/ 5/3/1 for BBing
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 36
    Training - Deload
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 37
    Training - 3 on 1 off
    Macros - Mini cut wk 1 65/300/225
    Week 38
    Training - 3 on 1 off
    Macros - Mini cut wk 2 65/300/225
    Week 39
    Training - 3 on 1 off
    Macros - Mini cut wk 3 65/300/225
    Week 40
    Training - SMOLOV Base Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 100g carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 41
    Training - SMOLOV Base Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 100g carbs/day for Smolov
    Macros -
    Week 42
    Training - SMOLOV Base Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 100g carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 43
    Training - SMOLOV Rest Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 100g carbs/day for Smolov
    Macros -
    Week 44
    Training - SMOLOV Rest Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 100g carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 45
    Training - SMOLOV Rest Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 100g carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 46
    Training - SMOLOV Intense Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 100g carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 47
    Training - SMOLOV Intense Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 100g carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 48
    Training - SMOLOV Intense Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 100g carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 49
    Training - SMOLOV Intense Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 100g carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 50
    Training - 3 on 1 off
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent. Start cleaning up diet
    Week 51
    Training - Deload
    Macros - Clean diet with ~1000 cals cut from previous week.

    START OF PREP

    I have always worked better when I had short term goals and a detailed plan to work with. It struck me about two weeks ago that this year will be over before I know it. No time to waste!

    Yes I am a masochist?
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

    At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

  9. #209
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Albuquerque,NM
    Posts
    2,905
    I dont know wht the **** you just said...but, it looks like you got a solid road map to where ya wanna be....GL bud. I look forward to watchin.

  10. #210
    Clean Bulk in Progress james_w8lifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by borracho View Post
    I dont know wht the **** you just said...but, it looks like you got a solid road map to where ya wanna be....GL bud. I look forward to watchin.
    I agree, confusing but I'm sure you'll be a beast when it's all over with. Good Luck!
    6' 1.... 211lbs.
    Bench: 275lbs x 1
    Deadlift: 385lbs x 1
    Squat: ??? (not enough)
    Goal by the end of May 2010... Weigh 225lbs.

    Journal: The Obligation... Become a F***** Beast

  11. #211
    Team Chesticles! Unholy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,880
    Haha, its a war plan for 2010 =)

    Musings
    So we are supposed to get 2 feet of snow and it looks as though my next training session will be on Friday the earliest. Pisses me off lol.
    I had a ****ty workout today. Tried for a new PR on BP and got completely stuck in the hole. Last time I tried 5lbs more a week ago and missed lockout on one side by 2-3" and locked on the right side. Oh well, no more maxing for me for a few weeks. Will try to increase my 5x5 by 15-20lbs then try again.
    Its my 4th day taking creatine and weight has jumped a lb or two. I have been sipping on 10g/day and will be doing 5g/day from here on out.
    My beta-alanine should be here tomorrow unless they cancel routes due to snow. Not like it matters....I wont be lifting anyway.
    One good thing about the snow....maybe my neck will finally heal...I need one of those massage tables that lets you lay face down without suffocating on your pillow/mattress. This is my 3rd night of ****ty sleep due to the neck pain when I'm not laying down flat on my back.

    Morning Weight = 206.4lbs

    Training

    BB Bench Press
    45 x 20
    135 x 12
    185 x 3
    225 x 2
    285 x miss
    225 x 5
    225 x 5
    225 x 5
    225 x 5
    225 x 5

    Incline Bench Press
    45 x 10
    135 x 5
    155 x 5
    175 x 8 PR (sad I know)
    155 x 6

    Done and done.

    Not doing back to let neck heal.

    Time to get my grow on haha.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

    At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

  12. #212
    Team Chesticles! Unholy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
    Rest day today.

    Too all my fellow 2011 competitors, I look forward to seeing you on stage....and hopefully by the time this log is finished...you won't want be looking forward to standing next to me at all

    My original transformation was a 50 weeks journey of learning, hard work, discipline, and not giving up on my goals. In the end it payed off. I figure now is as good of a time as any to lay down a solid plan to make for ONE HELL of a journey through 2010 and leading into my second contest prep.

    I talked to some very smart individuals today and came up with a game plan that I will adhere to, to the best of my ability. Obviously some of this is subject to change but as far as bringing up my glaring weaknesses I feel as though this will produce some nifty results.

    So without further a due I present my plan of attack for the remainder of my GROW season.

    51 weeks mapped out. Sound familiar?

    Week 1
    Training - PHAT
    3700 cals
    Week 2
    Training - PHAT
    3700 cals
    Week 3
    Training - PHAT
    3700 cals
    Week 4
    Training - PHAT
    Macros - Mini Cut wk 1 - 75/350/210
    Week 5
    Training - PHAT
    Macros - Mini Cut wk 2 - ~55/300/210
    Week 6
    Training - PHAT
    Macros - Mini Cut wk 3- ~55/250/210
    Week 7
    Training - PHAT
    Macros - Mini Cut wk 4- ~50/225/210
    Week 8
    Training - PHAT
    Macros - Mini Cut wk 5- ~40/225/210
    Week 9
    Training - PHAT
    Macros - ~65/350/210
    Week 10
    Training - PHAT
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 11
    Training - PHAT
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 12
    Training - PHAT
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 13
    Training - SMOLOV Base Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 100g carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 14
    Training - SMOLOV Base Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 100g carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 15
    Training - SMOLOV Base Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 100g carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 16
    Training - SMOLOV Rest Mesocycle
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 17
    Training - SMOLOV Rest Mesocycle
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 18
    Training - SMOLOV Rest Mesocycle
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 19
    Training - SMOLOV Intense Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 125g Carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 20
    Training - SMOLOV Intense Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 125g Carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 21
    Training - SMOLOV Intense Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 125g Carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 22
    Training - SMOLOV Intense Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 125g Carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 23
    Training - Deload
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 24
    Training - Smolov JR Bench w/ 5/3/1 for BBing
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 25
    Training - Smolov JR Bench w/ 5/3/1 for BBing
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 26
    Training - Smolov JR Bench w/ 5/3/1 for BBing
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 27
    Training - Smolov JR for BACK w/ 5/3/1 for BBing
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 2
    Training - Smolov JR for BACK w/ 5/3/1 for BBing
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 29
    Training - Smolov JR for BACK w/ 5/3/1 for BBing
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 30
    Training - Smolov JR Bench w/ 5/3/1 for BBing
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 31
    Training - Smolov JR Bench w/ 5/3/1 for BBing
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 32
    Training - Smolov JR Bench w/ 5/3/1 for BBing
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 33
    Training - Smolov JR for BACK w/ 5/3/1 for BBing
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 34
    Training - Smolov JR for BACK w/ 5/3/1 for BBing
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 35
    Training - Smolov JR for BACK w/ 5/3/1 for BBing
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 36
    Training - Deload
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent
    Week 37
    Training - 3 on 1 off
    Macros - Mini cut wk 1 65/300/225
    Week 38
    Training - 3 on 1 off
    Macros - Mini cut wk 2 65/300/225
    Week 39
    Training - 3 on 1 off
    Macros - Mini cut wk 3 65/300/225
    Week 40
    Training - SMOLOV Base Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 100g carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 41
    Training - SMOLOV Base Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 100g carbs/day for Smolov
    Macros -
    Week 42
    Training - SMOLOV Base Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 100g carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 43
    Training - SMOLOV Rest Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 100g carbs/day for Smolov
    Macros -
    Week 44
    Training - SMOLOV Rest Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 100g carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 45
    Training - SMOLOV Rest Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 100g carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 46
    Training - SMOLOV Intense Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 100g carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 47
    Training - SMOLOV Intense Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 100g carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 48
    Training - SMOLOV Intense Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 100g carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 49
    Training - SMOLOV Intense Mesocycle
    Macros - Bumped 100g carbs/day for Smolov
    Week 50
    Training - 3 on 1 off
    Macros - Weight/Conditioning Dependent. Start cleaning up diet
    Week 51
    Training - Deload
    Macros - Clean diet with ~1000 cals cut from previous week.

    START OF PREP

    I have always worked better when I had short term goals and a detailed plan to work with. It struck me about two weeks ago that this year will be over before I know it. No time to waste!

    Yes I am a masochist?
    Bump to new page
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

    At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

  13. #213
    TJW jed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,712
    That's funny how you can do 225 5x5 and miss 285, but I can only do like 3 sets of 225 and managed to hit 285. Either way solid work and good plan to max in a few weeks, i'm going to do the same cause mine was very damn close to failure. What did you mean to look in your log for ideas?
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    PR's - Squat 350 | Bench 290 | Deadlift 400.4 | BW 203
    P Clean 98 KG | Jerk 106 | Full Clean 106 |
    Philippians 4:13 - "I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me."
    "I'm really impressed with your dedication. I will call it your jedication." - killxswitch
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

  14. #214
    Team Chesticles! Unholy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,880
    Run some smolov with me hahahaha.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

    At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

  15. #215
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Albuquerque,NM
    Posts
    2,905
    Sucks about the 285 miss but considering you are still sorta coming back from a layover I think you're progressing pretty nicely. Good job bud.

  16. #216
    Team Chesticles! Unholy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,880
    Haha so apparently I missread my own log and actually attempted 280 last week and missed the lockout with one side.

    Oops hahaha.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

    At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

  17. #217
    TJW jed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,712
    sMoLoV........... make you a deal, if I hit all my goals for my first third of the year, i'll run a cycle with you. Since it looks like you'll be doing it a lot this year. I'll do chest with you since we're both trying to get some manly chesticles.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    PR's - Squat 350 | Bench 290 | Deadlift 400.4 | BW 203
    P Clean 98 KG | Jerk 106 | Full Clean 106 |
    Philippians 4:13 - "I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me."
    "I'm really impressed with your dedication. I will call it your jedication." - killxswitch
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

  18. #218
    LittleJake JSully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    2,172
    so if I'm reading this right, you're going to run smolov jr for bench for a few weeks while doing 5/3/1 for everything else,, then deads for 4 weeks while hitting 5/3/1 for everything else, then smolov for 13 weeks of squats right?

    What are protocol are you going to be using for everything else while hitting the smolov squat routine? 5/3/1? 5x5? 3x5-8?

    I've been thinking of doing something similar as well. My hamstring should be good to go by the beginning of march. I'm thinking of a 4 week cycle of smolov jr for bench keeping squats and deads at 5x5 + speed work, then a 4 week cycle of smolov jr for deadlifts with 5x5 bench + speed work, take a week off and hit a 8-10 week cycle of smolov squat to peak for raw nationals in july...

    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Last edited by JSully; 02-09-2010 at 02:45 PM.
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

  19. #219
    Team Chesticles! Unholy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,880
    Smolov for squats explicitly dictates NO deadlifts, overhead press, BB rows.

    Most peoples dead goes up even though they are not deadlifting for the 10 weeks on Smolov.

    You CAN run bench and dead one together though.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

    At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

  20. #220
    LittleJake JSully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    2,172
    reread.. was editing..

    so are you going to do deads and bench in the same jr cycle?

    I had thought about doing that, but I don't want to push the hammy too hard coming straight off the IR.. I figured a nice 5x5 or 5x3 with speed work would give me some more time to rehab it before hitting the heavy weights..
    Last edited by JSully; 02-09-2010 at 02:49 PM.
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

  21. #221
    LittleJake JSully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    2,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
    Smolov for squats explicitly dictates NO deadlifts, overhead press, BB rows.

    Most peoples dead goes up even though they are not deadlifting for the 10 weeks on Smolov.

    You CAN run bench and dead one together though.
    it also says you can use deads to warmup.. so if you're deadlift max is 600, you can warmup to 500x1 then hit the squats..

    what about rack pulls? can you hit rack pulls on the 10 week smolov?
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

  22. #222
    Team Chesticles! Unholy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,880
    NO. Go read the program.

    If you run smolov like its intended you wont be able to do rack pulls or deads.

    Nothing that works your errectors bro.

    Read the program lol.....
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

    At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

  23. #223
    TJW jed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,712
    Yeah, I remember I think it was Painzer that ran Smolov squats recently, and did nothing but squat. Wasn't able to do anything but.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    PR's - Squat 350 | Bench 290 | Deadlift 400.4 | BW 203
    P Clean 98 KG | Jerk 106 | Full Clean 106 |
    Philippians 4:13 - "I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me."
    "I'm really impressed with your dedication. I will call it your jedication." - killxswitch
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

  24. #224
    LittleJake JSully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    2,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
    NO. Go read the program.

    If you run smolov like its intended you wont be able to do rack pulls or deads.

    Nothing that works your errectors bro.

    Read the program lol.....
    link the program.. all I can find is a bunch of journals and I have to decypher it myself.. none of the "rules" you posted..
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

  25. #225
    Team Chesticles! Unholy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,880
    http://www.joeskopec.com/smolov.html

    PLay with this, put in your current 1rm. Then add 40 and plug that into the second part.

    Good times huh?

    Some more info.

    http://stronglifts.com/how-to-add-10...-squat-smolov/
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

    At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Similar Threads

  1. 2008 GPC World Championships
    By DrDudley-Robey in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-27-2008, 10:26 PM
  2. '08 WPA World Championships who's Competing!?!
    By BPM Osgood in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-06-2008, 11:37 AM
  3. Road to the 2007 NPC USA Bodybuilding Championships.
    By LiL_SaVaGe_06 in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-04-2007, 11:25 AM
  4. World Bench Press championships
    By Natetaco in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-01-2006, 05:27 PM
  5. 1997 IWF World Championships
    By unshift in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-28-2003, 02:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •