Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Critique Bulking Diet Please

  1. #1
    Senior Member thecoder0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    69

    Critique Bulking Diet Please

    I am currently trying to Bulk up and not gain too much fat guys so would be good if I could have your views please....having worked out my maintenance over the last 3 weeks at 2800 cals

    Here is a typical days Cal on the the bulk



    4 Weetabix 1 bananaxxxxxxx 486 cals 10pro 66carbs 7 fat
    creatine 5Gxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx153

    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    SHAKE
    WheyPowderxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 172 34
    PBUTTER 100grxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 592 25 10 50
    Ice Creamxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx400 5 55 15
    1pc pint milk-semixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx205 16 24 8

    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    1pc pint milk-semi xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx205 16 24 8
    Tuna Salad.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx140 32
    breadx4 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx332 18 49
    Wheyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx86 17

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    4 crumpetsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx332 12 36
    ONKEN yogurt xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx570 21 90 20
    Totals x3673 206 354 92


    I take 1 cod liver oild tab and glucosamine tab

    Any advice welcome should I add or take something away ...as I say any advice or opinions welcome.

    the numbers left to right are cals protein carbs fats (sorry bit messy)
    Last edited by thecoder0; 12-09-2009 at 09:24 AM.

  2. #2
    Former Fatass Unreal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SLC,UT
    Posts
    3,084
    So 900 cals over maintence or so. Should add weight pretty quickly. If that is your goal then cool. Food choice look pretty poor. I don't see any veggies and 1 serving of meat.
    Nick V

  3. #3
    Senior Member thecoder0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
    So 900 cals over maintence or so. Should add weight pretty quickly. If that is your goal then cool. Food choice look pretty poor. I don't see any veggies and 1 serving of meat.
    Thanks for the feedback unreal yeah only salad at lunchtimes. Would you include a multi V. ? Is it more of a dirty bulk or clean in your opinion ?

  4. #4
    Senior Member David Trantham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    LEXINGTON,NC
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by thecoder0 View Post
    I am currently trying to Bulk up and not gain too much fat guys so would be good if I could have your views please....having worked out my maintenance over the last 3 weeks at 2800 cals

    Here is a typical days Cal on the the bulk



    4 Weetabix 1 bananaxxxxxxx 486 cals 10pro 66carbs 7 fat
    creatine 5Gxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx153

    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    SHAKE
    WheyPowderxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 172 34
    PBUTTER 100grxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 592 25 10 50
    Ice Creamxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx400 5 55 15
    1pc pint milk-semixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx205 16 24 8

    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    1pc pint milk-semi xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx205 16 24 8
    Tuna Salad.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx140 32
    breadx4 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx332 18 49
    Wheyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx86 17

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    4 crumpetsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx332 12 36
    ONKEN yogurt xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx570 21 90 20
    Totals x3673 206 354 92


    I take 1 cod liver oild tab and glucosamine tab

    Any advice welcome should I add or take something away ...as I say any advice or opinions welcome.

    the numbers left to right are cals protein carbs fats (sorry bit messy)

    personally i think you need to clean it up(diet) no ice cream (you could have some as cheat meal), take out the crumpets, bread, and all that milk. protein should be(protein shakes,chicken ,tuna,fish,steak,turkey,etc) carbs should come from mostly complex carbs such as(red or yello pot,sweet pot, some whole wheat bread,oatmeal, etc(some fruits) and you need to add in green vegs(a must), fats should come from the meats that you eat as well as peanut butter,almond butter, and nuts, and olive oil. this is kind of a basic diet it can be altered. try eating a clean diet (no junk food-except 1 or 2 times a week)
    height: 6' weight offseason 220lbs bodybuilding: 10 years
    2009 contests
    IFPA CAPE COD 3rd place heavy
    IFPA YORTON CUP 2nd place heavy
    NPC ElITE CLASSIC 1st heavy (overall Winner)

    TRAINING LOG http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131702

    ATLARGE NUTRITION- YOUR #1 CHOICE FOR BODYBUILDING SPORTS SUPPLEMENTS

  5. #5
    Senior Member thecoder0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by David Trantham View Post
    personally i think you need to clean it up(diet) no ice cream (you could have some as cheat meal), take out the crumpets, bread, and all that milk. protein should be(protein shakes,chicken ,tuna,fish,steak,turkey,etc) carbs should come from mostly complex carbs such as(red or yello pot,sweet pot, some whole wheat bread,oatmeal, etc(some fruits) and you need to add in green vegs(a must), fats should come from the meats that you eat as well as peanut butter,almond butter, and nuts, and olive oil. this is kind of a basic diet it can be altered. try eating a clean diet (no junk food-except 1 or 2 times a week)
    thanks for that David ...Can I ask why take out the milk, I thought protein from milk was better than Powder..? the bread is wholemeal bread.

  6. #6
    Senior Member David Trantham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    LEXINGTON,NC
    Posts
    192
    The bread is probably ok,but the milk i would maybe use now and then. Milk still has a lot of sugar, the protein is ok in milk but if you were to get a whey protein would be much better.
    height: 6' weight offseason 220lbs bodybuilding: 10 years
    2009 contests
    IFPA CAPE COD 3rd place heavy
    IFPA YORTON CUP 2nd place heavy
    NPC ElITE CLASSIC 1st heavy (overall Winner)

    TRAINING LOG http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131702

    ATLARGE NUTRITION- YOUR #1 CHOICE FOR BODYBUILDING SPORTS SUPPLEMENTS

  7. #7
    I wannabebig!
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    in my own world
    Posts
    1,816
    Quote Originally Posted by David Trantham View Post
    The bread is probably ok,but the milk i would maybe use now and then. Milk still has a lot of sugar, the protein is ok in milk but if you were to get a whey protein would be much better.
    not that I disagree with you, but how is whey protein much better than the protein in milk?

  8. #8
    Senior Member David Trantham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    LEXINGTON,NC
    Posts
    192
    usually whey protein does not contain all the sugar, 8oz of fat free milk contains 12g of sugar!!
    height: 6' weight offseason 220lbs bodybuilding: 10 years
    2009 contests
    IFPA CAPE COD 3rd place heavy
    IFPA YORTON CUP 2nd place heavy
    NPC ElITE CLASSIC 1st heavy (overall Winner)

    TRAINING LOG http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131702

    ATLARGE NUTRITION- YOUR #1 CHOICE FOR BODYBUILDING SPORTS SUPPLEMENTS

Similar Threads

  1. Amount of protein
    By syntekz in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 03:51 PM
  2. critique my bulking diet plz noob
    By mikeyballer in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 08:44 AM
  3. 'Warrior' diet
    By Meat_Head in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-22-2003, 02:09 PM
  4. My bulking diet! My bulking diet!
    By Scuzzbucket in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-18-2003, 04:16 PM
  5. New Bulking Diet - Critique Please
    By Leviathan in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2002, 07:41 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •