The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Belt squats

Belt squats

Anyone have any ideas how one can do belt squat or buy a harness to do these w/o having a belt squat machine

I have seen this:

http://www6.mailordercentral.com/iro...sp?number=1220

any other ideas or links....Thanks
    6'0"--198# USAPL / IPF powerlifter
    ~~~ RAW Nationals July 15-17, 2010 in CO ~~~~

RAW Squat: 556
    RAW Bench: 390
    RAW Deadlift: 601

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Video
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

awesome....i guess i need to clear upo the question.

Where can i get the belts, or something similiar to the link i attached. Or is this belt a lot better or comfortable than a dip belt?

Ironmind sells a hip belt.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Ironmind sells a hip belt.
    Thanks, but that was the link i provided....LOL

Looking for alternatives for this $120 or if the $120 is definitly worth it opposed to a dip belt. I already have the assemly to hold the weights and hook it too as seen in the youtube vid detard provided.

Wannabebig Member
    I have Spud Inc's belt squat belt...it's heavy duty and comfortable, too. $75 at Elite.

Then I got a loading pin and carabiner from New York Barbells...need a pretty long one unless you plan on doing sets of 20 or something.

And finally, for platforms I bought 8 cinder blocks...setup two going one way, two going the other on each side and the pin/weights goes down in between them. It's very stable.

Only two problems...you have to go out at least as wide as a 45 lb plate and probably just a little bit wider. Can't go narrow stance with this setup. Second problem is that it isn't real easy to get hooked up/unhooked to/from the loading pin...but it is manageable.

With the Ironmind belt you can hook up to a barbell which would allow you to go more narrow...problem is you'd have to be very concerned with balancing that bar while you're squatting, and I decided going wide was better than balancing a bar...you have to decide which compromise you want to deal with.

I don't know if that helped or not...I have experience with this kind of setup so I figured I'd try and help.
    Last edited by cpa5oh; 11-16-2009 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cpa5oh View Post
    I have Spud Inc's belt squat belt...it's heavy duty and comfortable, too. $75 at Elite.

Then I got a loading pin and carabiner from New York Barbells...need a pretty long one unless you plan on doing sets of 20 or something.

And finally, for platforms I bought 8 cinder blocks...setup two going one way, two going the other on each side and the pin/weights goes down in between them. It's very stable.

Only two problems...you have to go out at least as wide as a 45 lb plate and probably just a little bit wider. Can't go narrow stance with this setup. Second problem is that it isn't real easy to get hooked up/unhooked to/from the loading pin...but it is manageable.

With the Ironmind belt you can hook up to a barbell which would allow you to go more narrow...problem is you'd have to be very concerned with balancing that bar while you're squatting, and I decided going wide was better than balancing a bar...you have to decide which compromise you want to deal with.

I don't know if that helped or not...I have experience with this kind of setup so I figured I'd try and help.
    Awesome...just what i was looking for!

Thanks

Could you use a dip belt? or would that be different?
    BW SQ BP DL Total
    283 455 365 475 1295
    272 425 345 495 1265
    229 408 275 551 1235 <---1st Meet
    Raod to 1607 Elite Total Log- http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131363
    http://www.facebook.com/#/AndredeJesus?ref=profile

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre518 View Post
    Could you use a dip belt? or would that be different?
    Not sure a dip belt is made to handle the kind of weights that can be used doing belt squats...and if it has chain or is leather I can see how that would be real uncomfortable.

Do you guys find this actually helps with your squat? Does it really add the poundage? Or is it simply another way to hit your legs.
    Brad08 has some insight for people who don't understand... anything.
    This is so ****ing ******ed it's almost beyond belief. So, if you eat 3k, you will automatically gain 3k worth of fat or muscle? Incredible. And here I am eating all this food, yet maintaining my weight. Fascinating.

You're one of those pussies that counts his almonds I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by BFGUITAR View Post
    Do you guys find this actually helps with your squat? Does it really add the poundage? Or is it simply another way to hit your legs.
    I can see how it would help some people. I didn't get much out of the movement myself so I dropped it. I would try it for a few cycles and see if your lifts go up.

I've used the dip belt before. I got the idea from Bill Peel. You will have to put some towels under the chains or they will dig into your hips pretty bad.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by BFGUITAR View Post
    Louie says that it helps "correct pelvic tilt," whatever the hell that means.

I like it because it takes the back out of the movement, so on friday, my deadlift day, I can still use it as an accessory exercise without completely beating up my body. Its a very humbling exercise. No idea how much poundage its added to my squat though.
    Stats: 11/15/07-First-meet--2nd Meet----3rd meet
    Weight: 185-----187---------198---------198
    Max Bench: 255---220-----------280------300
    Max Squat: 405----395----------440------460
    Max Dead:475-----485----------551------570
    CHINUPS - Bodyweight + 135, x1, dead hang. Still working on the one arm chinup.

It actually seems like a good exercise to help one's sumo deadlift... im going to look in to this.
    Brad08 has some insight for people who don't understand... anything.
    This is so ****ing ******ed it's almost beyond belief. So, if you eat 3k, you will automatically gain 3k worth of fat or muscle? Incredible. And here I am eating all this food, yet maintaining my weight. Fascinating.

You're one of those pussies that counts his almonds I bet.