The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Lactose Intolerant

What are the symptoms of being lactose intolerant? I've noticed that right after eating dairy, like ice cream or anything I get sharp pains in my stomach for a while and then it passes. It's sorta like little sharp needles poking me. I was wondering if this was anything associated with the dairy or not? Maybe it's something else, it doesn't happen everytime, but I notice it only after certain types of foods.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

mostly the symptoms include getting the runs, lots of gas (this could be where your sharp pain is comming from....the gas expanding, pressuring your stomach), and some people do get nauscious

might be some other symptoms, but those are the ones that i know of

Those sound about right. I am, and I almost have to completely elminate dairy from my diet otherwise I'll be one the toilet all day long. If you have to have dairy, then get some Lactaid or something to help you digest. If I don't have any then I steer clear of the milk and stuff.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Is there different degrees of lactose intolerance? like can you be half intolerant?
    cause I never get stomach pains after dairy foods, but once in a while get the slight runs or gas after eating some cottage cheese.
    Last edited by Avatar; 04-29-2002 at 12:52 PM.
    "They will spend their nights dreaming of six-pack
    abs and a rock hard physique, little do they realize eventually we will reach
    our goal and they will be dreaming of the body we walk around with every
    dayÖonly then will they understand." -- Severed Ties

"There are 6 billion people in this world, and I'm #1." -- me

Wannabebig Member Podium Kreatin's Avatar
    lactose intolerence means u can't digest lactose. eat yogurt as a control, cuz it's dairy but doesn't have lactose, and see if u are lactose intolerent or sth else
    "No one can completely believe that I am natural.
    The most important drug is to train like a madman
    -really like a madman
    The people who accuse me are those who have never trained once in their life as I train every day of my life."

Alexandr Karelin
    Ten-time World Greco-Roman Champion
    1988, 1992, 1996 Olympic gold medalist

current stats (10/19/03): 20yrs, M, 5'4 @160lbs, ~11% body fat
    lifted since march 2000

I don't think that there is one person on this planet that is completely lactose intolerant. Lactose intolerance is a result of low amounts of the digestive enzyme, lactonase. The more dairy you consume the lower your intolerance becomes. Most people can who are relatively lactose intolerant can still consume most full fat cheeses and yougurt. You can always go buy some lactonase. This should get rid of just about an intolerance.

to agree with what logo said, last time i cut, i completeley cut out dairy(cuz i was dumb) for over a month, when i started drinking milk again, i got pain and gas etc, like freakin crazy, but after slowly increasing milk, I eventually got up to over 10 cups a day with no problem at all. Anyway.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST