One of the things that I seem to come across a TON when helping people get set up a lot, is that they train alone. Either they can't find anyone to train with, or they seem to run through training partners because people fade out.
What I wanted to do was get a thread started where those of you who have great groups that you train with could put down some information for others who are looking to build a team so they could have a little guidence
Obviously I didn't really have to try hard for my heavy stuff as I have lifted at Westside for the last 5 years, however I do have and run a gym where I live at since I live about 2hrs away from Columbus.
I have a really consistent group of guys who I do my DE work with on Saturdays as well as some of my accessory stuff during the week with.
Couple of the things that I noticed helped
- Be willing to schedule things so it's convienent for everyone
- Have something to bring to them, so it's fun for everyone, whether it's equipment, training experience and information or whatever
- Don't get them into equipment super soon. It's really frustrating for newbies to get straight into equipment. Let them train raw and just get a good feel for the training
- Don't be afraid to go out of your way to introduce yourself to the stronger guys at the gym and talk to them. You almost have to look at it as recruiting.
- And finally, don't be offended if guys decide it's not for them. Just keep trying to draw other guys into your group and you'll find the right mix
What has worked for those of you who have good groups though?