Thread: Safety Squat Bar

Wannabebig Member WhateverItTakes's Avatar

Safety Squat Bar

I am interested in buying a safety squat bar. This one is significantly cheaper: http://cgi.ebay.com/SAFETY-SQUAT-BAR...item518e5745f3

Do you think the above one is as strong and ok to buy, when compared to this one: http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...cid=114&pid=10

Thanks a lot for the help!

just get the ss yoke bar with handles at elite,

Wannabebig Member
    I have the top one listed, but I picked it up used for $185...it is a decent bar, but the Elite Bar is a good bit nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by barbell01 View Post
    just get the ss yoke bar with handles at elite,
    This. It's a bit cheaper than the one you posted, and built like a tank; I've seen videos of people with 900lbs+ on it with no problem.

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=114&pid=1156
    My Training Log

You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit. - Jim Wendler

I have the Elite one. Great bar.

Bars are a pain in the neck to replace. I don't mind paying a little extra for a bar that I know I'll probably never have to replace.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Without a doubt buy one of the Elite bars. The New York Barbells one is terrible.
    Roll Tide.

I have the one from New York barbell the same one you show on Ebay. I'll sell it to you for $200 + whatever it costs me to ship it to you. I'm in Colorado Springs CO. The only thing I don't like about it is that the handles are not off set. They are even with the camber. I have one I ordered from Loius at Westside I must admit I like it much better. Obviously I'm not working very hard to sell you mine. You can order one from Westside for $395 shipping included.
    Last edited by SoCoBarbell; 11-24-2009 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverItTakes View Post
    I am interested in buying a safety squat bar. This one is significantly cheaper: http://cgi.ebay.com/SAFETY-SQUAT-BAR...item518e5745f3

Do you think the above one is as strong and ok to buy, when compared to this one: http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...cid=114&pid=10

Thanks a lot for the help!

That first one is a piece of ****. If you squat anything over 750, its going to bend and it has quite a bit of bar flex with anything over 500.

I've got one from Crepinsek. Crepinsek's is the one that I think Westside sells and the one that the Elitefts bars are basically a knockoff of---and don't get me wrong, the Elitefts bars are GREAT bars, but Crepinsek holds the patent for the original safety squat bar design. Elitefts changed the design just enough to prevent a patent violation and started selling their version. In my opinion, both bars are excellent bars, much, much, much better than the first one you have up there and both well worth the money.
    Finally ELITE @ SHW..

Single ply: 931 squat, 760 bench, 530 deadlift and 2180 total
    Multi ply: 960 squat, 770 bench, 550 deadlift and 2250 total.

The next stop: PRO total.

HOO's Gym: building the strongest gym in the South, one plate at a time.

Wannabebig Member WhateverItTakes's Avatar
    Thanks for the info guys! All your opinions make a lot of sense. I think I will just save up a little more and buy the better quality one. Bars are a long term investment I suppose

Wannabebig Member
    Do not buy NY Barbell one. Reg Safety squat bar is my favorite. I got mine from Westside's site too, a bit cheaper that way I think. I love the bar because I suck so bad at it! If you get good with this bar, a regular bar will be a piece of cake.

Habingus
    I know its been said, but the New York barbell one is ****. Plus I think friday? a ton of elites equipment is going on sale, Dave said the markdown on bars will probably be like 20-30 bucks, which isn't a ton but its something.
    "I PLAY BY MY OWN RULES"