Thread: Need help with my diet plan :)

Threaded View

Wannabebig Member

Need help with my diet plan :)

Hey guys im new to this forum and was wondering if anyone could help me out with my diet.

I am about 5"10 and fluctuate from about 180-185lbs.

Ive gained around 25-30lbs in the last two years and am now trying to slim down. In the past I worked out but not consistently and ate whatever I wanted.

Im trying a low cal diet.. I mostly eat sandwiches throughout the day (35 cal bread slices and 20 cal pieces or lunch meat with mustard). The sandwiches are about 90-100 calories. For dinner ill eat baked chicken breast with rice and usually a vegetable. I only eat maybe 2 to 4 sandwiches throughout the day. So im estimating my calorie intake is only around 1000-1200 calories. Also I mix things up a little EX. Egg white sandwiches, Fat free Cottage cheese, and other low cal foods.

I do not want my body to think its starving so I try to eat a sandwich every couple hours or so. If I do lose this weight will I just gain it back after dieting? Also if I am not taking in a healthy amount of calories do you think Protein shakes within the day would help with calorie intake and my workout? I started this diet I started weightlifting again about 4-5 times a week.

I take a multivitamin and my brother told me to start taking fish oils. I want to start taking protein if its beneficial as far as burning fat and retaining mass. Also if I do take protein should I use it as meal replacement or before/afterworkouts or both?

Any suggestions/criticism would be greatly appreciated! thanks guys!
    Last edited by shk101; 12-03-2009 at 12:21 AM.