The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

LF a female toning routine tailoring too odd quad physiology

After naggiing the missus for a while about how she should follow a decent routine. Not like her current one where everything was two exercises per body part at 4 sets of 15 per exercise. she relented as long as i asked here rather than a pure bodybuilding site.

Problem is she has always played a ton of sports and it affected her physiology in an odd way that being no matter what she did she didnt develop any form of quad muscles which led to a lot of physiotherapy visits. She wants to stay toned whilst not getting overtly muscular. We have access to a bench, squat rack, chin ups / dips station with loads of free weights. Maybe with your assistance she can finally even build some quads.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Panda View Post
    After naggiing the missus for a while about how she should follow a decent routine. Not like her current one where everything was two exercises per body part at 4 sets of 15 per exercise. she relented as long as i asked here rather than a pure bodybuilding site.

Problem is she has always played a ton of sports and it affected her physiology in an odd way that being no matter what she did she didnt develop any form of quad muscles which led to a lot of physiotherapy visits. She wants to stay toned whilst not getting overtly muscular. We have access to a bench, squat rack, chin ups / dips station with loads of free weights. Maybe with your assistance she can finally even build some quads.
    I usually comment on this topic as I'm helping a few women at work set up training routines, but here recently I usually just refer to this book (potential xmas gift?).

New Rules of Lifting for Women

It dispels a lot of the crap myths that are out there concerning women and weight lifting (like, by training with free weights women will look like men. Simply not true, not enough testosterone floating around in her body to do that) and makes a great case for why women should "train like men" (not by using silly toning exercises that really don't do a damn thing).

I think its really great that you have access to those equipment pieces. That's ideal!

Have that book on order from Amazon UK now and have put her on ss routine with higher reps of 6 - 8 until it arrives. She swore she would never do deadlifts though. It took about 10 minutes of cajoling until she relented and smilingly retorted with "Those are fun i like deadlifting"

Getting un-streamlined Progress's Avatar
    My ex gf bought that book and enjoyed it while we dated. A lot of compound movements, single leg/body exercises and varied rep schemes, if I remember correctly.

Banned
    Yeah i got it for my gf too, but I have her on starting strength at the moment since its such an easy routine for her to stick to while she is living 2000 miles away from me.

Its really a great book though. I've already gotten a few women at work to purchase it and they all like it.