Thread: supersetting question...

supersetting question...

Someone explain to me how to do this (from WBB2)

Seated Dumbbell Press, Standing Dumbbell Lateral Raises, Front Dumbbell Raises 2-3x6 (supersetted)

Does this mean:
    Dumbell Press 6 times
    lat raise 6 times
    dumbell raises 6 times
    repeat times six while increasing weight?

I would have read it as:
    • Dumbell Press - 6 times (reps)
      Lat raise - 6 times (reps)
      Dumbell raises - 6 times (reps)
      Then rest

repeat 2 or 3 times (i.e. sets). Usually if you add weight you will need to drop the reps, thus I would not add weight since you are already be at 6 reps.
    Last edited by rookiebldr; 04-29-2002 at 08:41 PM.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

rookiebldr - if that was the case.. why wouldnt they just list it as 3 separate exercizes? I think there is more to it - SOMEONE help!

The Bottom Line
    I think it is something lke...

Do the Seated Dumbbell Press, Standing Dumbbell Lateral Raises, Front Dumbbell Raises one after another at 6 reps each with a very short period of rest in between. Than once you finish the 3 exercises, repeat it 2-3 times.
    Change is good.

What I meant was to pick a weight that will get you through the superset. In other words do the exercises back to back with a weight that you can handle all the way through.

Make sense?
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Originally posted by Maki Riddington
    What I meant was to pick a weight that will get you through the superset. In other words do the exercises back to back with a weight that you can handle all the way through.

Make sense?
    Better said.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

thanks guys!

Maki, are you saying that you should use the same weight for all 3 of those exercises? Cause I've been using a heavier weight for the DB presses and then the same weight for the lateral raises and the front raises, cause I would think the DB presses would be too easy otherwise.

If your medial lateral deltiod head or your anterior superior delt is imbalanced then you'll find that peforming the front raise first will do the trick.

Ok, there's no rule set in stone that says one exercise must be done before the other. Do the weakest head first and so on. Or switch up the order every week. as for the weight, if your going heavy on the first exercise, chances are your not gonna be able to use the same weight for the other ones. That's why switching the order up will be fairly effective.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo