The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Plateauing early

So ive been on skinny bastards for 3 weeks and i havent seen any improvement on my bench or squat yet and i was wondering if i should have. My diet isnt good, i eat healthy but i dont eat enough because my dad and his gf get mad at me when i do ( they dont understand the process of gaining muscle) and i definately dont get enough protein and i wont till i get protein powder for christmas. What can i do, drink alot of milk? (btw im 5.11 and i weigh 245 give or take a few pounds depending on teh day)

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

im also doin that program, and the best thing that i can tell you is just stivk with it. my thing that i shouldve done first was get my max before startin the program. but now i can tell that ive gon up in max in squat and in bench. what im lookin forward is to my speed. i havent done the conditionin to a T as it asks but for the first month im concentrated on purely lifting. later on in about 2 weeks thats when im goin to start runnin and other stuff. but just stick wit it and ull be surprised with the power you will get and as long as u eat healthy you should be fine....keep me updated on how the program is goin for u

Well i really have till sepetember 2010 when football try out start (or march if i do rugby which i dont think i will). I get my results and protein powder in christmas, i just want to make sure that i keep getting stronger till then. Im actually trying to get everyone on my football team on ws4sb but they all do like 3-4 sports a year, and they dont understand that can be counter productive to specalizing in one sport.
    Last edited by Astreocclu; 11-27-2009 at 08:41 AM.

Just keep at it. Any plateau I've hit seems to just be a buildup for a big gain. keep with it and when you are able to eat better you'll see more gains.
    Best unequipped meet lifts - 120kg Open class
    Sq: 629lbs
    Bp: 330lbs
    Dl: 585lbs
    Training since Dec 2008.

put 10 pounds on my 3 rep squat friday, hoping to see if i can get 5 pounds on my bench

Didnt...man this sucks. Me and my friend started this together with the same bench and hes gone up 15 pounds and i havent gone up at all! Im thinking about restructing my entire diet.

Ok guys heres an update. I finally put 5 pounds on my bench, havent been able to squat as my weightrooms been closed on friday. Anyway, in january ill have my diet in order, and have my nitrean and results. I hope to start seeing some real gains then. I have a question though, is there such thing as to intense of a workout? If i do the designated volume/sets/reps, can you push to hard just off pure intensity? I havent been working out so hard, but last week i really pushed myself and htats where i went up on the bench, and im thinking i can just keep giving it more every time ill keep going up