The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: LCL popping?

LCL popping?

My left leg's interior LCL is popping when my left leg is extending (read: quad extension). I think it may have developed from overtraining. I cant find a cyst nor is it painful nor is there any site swelling. Anyone experienced something similar? If so, how did you treat it, if at all? I dont want to lift on it as tendon/ligament injuries can compound if they are neglected, but like most of you, I do not want to sideline myself any longer than necessary.

PS: I am aware that a doctor is an option but until it is determined that RICE will not fix this, that option is deferred.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig New Member

Stretch

I have recently experienced something similar. My LCL pops everytime I sqaut or do exercises such as leg press or simply running. I found one thing that did temporarily help but it was uncomfortable to do. I was to lay in a sideways plank position with what looked like an over sized pool noodle (sounds crazy, yes, but provided relief for awhile). It was about 5inches in diameter and hard foam. I placed this just below my knee, mid calf approx. You then roll your body along the " noodle" all the way up to almost your hip. It is extremely uncomfortable at the beginning as it applies pressure but in the end i was able to squat with it barely popping and sometimes even not. I was told mine was possibly popping due to the muscles tightening and this stretch helped a bit.
    Im currently wearing a knee brace but it doesnt seem to do much. Try the exercise and let me know how it goes.
    -Trista.

^ Aka foam roll your IT bands.

I had a girl I knew that played volleyball with the same problem. A routine stretching and foam rolling program really helped her out, I worked with her for about 10 minutes 3 days a week and she noticed a huge difference
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Wannabebig New Member

Stretch

I have recently experienced something similar. My LCL pops everytime I sqaut or do exercises such as leg press or simply running. I found one thing that did temporarily help but it was uncomfortable to do. I was to lay in a sideways plank position with what looked like an over sized pool noodle (sounds crazy, yes, but provided relief for awhile). It was about 5inches in diameter and hard foam. I placed this just below my knee, mid calf approx. You then roll your body along the " noodle" all the way up to almost your hip. It is extremely uncomfortable at the beginning as it applies pressure but in the end i was able to squat with it barely popping and sometimes even not. I was told mine was possibly popping due to the muscles tightening and this stretch helped a bit.
    Im currently wearing a knee brace but it doesnt seem to do much. Try the exercise and let me know how it goes.
    -Trista.

My wife had this as well. It also improved with foam rolling and stretching.

Wannabebig New Member
    I now have physio and massage therapy done for my LCL popping. My doctors are leaning towards the conclusion that i have strengthened my muscles unevenly so one muscle is working harder then the other.