Thread: When should Weight loss supps be added?

When should Weight loss supps be added?

So Im on the weight loss kick and its going well. I weighted 278 the day of my meet on Nov 7th and I weighed 266 this morning.

I have changed my food intake, and I am doing cardio 4-5 times a week.

Things are going well but I know it usually stalls out quick because the the first couple pounds are the easiest.

Is it time to throw in some supps to help out or should I wait until I completely get to a stand still

The reason I ask is Im not sure how the supps work and if you only get so much bang from them I dont want to throw them in prematurely and miss out on all the benefits.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by ScottYard; 01-13-2010 at 07:21 AM.
    Best raw meet lifts
    Squat:765 with wraps. / 700 raw with out wraps
    Bench: 525
    Deadlift: 755
    Total: Raw with wraps: 2000. with out wraps: 1925

Best lifts Equipped
    1050, 840, 715. Total: 2605

Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS

I think supps like Nitor helped me out most when I was dieting by giving me energy. My body was used to more carbs and calories, and it just wasn't getting it

If you're making good progress without it though, I think they'd be perfect to add in if you become stagnant.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Wannabebig Member
    slowly start adding yohimbe, ephedra, and caffiene. in the morning in small doses

hey scott...i'm cutting at the moment myself.

strictly oatmeal, nitrean, chicken or fish, and brown rice...

and nitor... I can't say enough about this stuff. Not typically a fan of energy/fat loss supps but this stuff is solid! I have plenty of energy and feel great from start to finish throughout the day on the smallest dosage! Of all the things out there (and i've used alot in my career) this is one of the best i've ever used!
    Proud to be sponsored by APT prowriststraps.com

90* just means you're halfway there to becoming a man!

Nitor will def be the supp I use as I have such good results with all Atlarges products. Im glad to see Nitor is working for you. How many pills do you take per day. The reason i ask is Im on BP meds and dont want to go too crazy if I dont have too. I am a firm believer in taking the least amount to get the most benefits
    Best raw meet lifts

Best lifts Equipped

Garage Lifter
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottYard View Post
    Nitor will def be the supp I use as I have such good results with all Atlarges products. Im glad to see Nitor is working for you. How many pills do you take per day. The reason i ask is Im on BP meds and dont want to go too crazy if I dont have too. I am a firm believer in taking the least amount to get the most benefits
    Do you check you BP at home regularly? If you do you could start with the lowest dose and check your BP regularly throughout the day to see where it is and how it is affected by the Nitor. The caffeine will usually increase BP but it's typically transient and may not be a big deal.

Good luck,
    matt
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

Scot since you have BP problem I would talk to Chris or maybe shelby about this type of stuff...Those dudes are really smart with all this...Most likely if you just got on a good diet you wouldnt even need the stuff anyways

Quote Originally Posted by douglasoh5 View Post
    Scot since you have BP problem I would talk to Chris or maybe shelby about this type of stuff...Those dudes are really smart with all this...Most likely if you just got on a good diet you wouldnt even need the stuff anyways
    I'm with Rich on this once since you do have some BP issues. Personally, I would try and milk everything I could from diet manipulation before I considered the weight loss supplements. My BP is borderline at times, but not enough to need any treatment, and I won't mess with stimulants other than the occassional pre-workout energy drink partially because of the BP issues.
    You're not getting ready for a BB show or trying to get ridiculously low bodyfat levels, so I don't see them as a necessity for someone in your situation.

Thanks for the input guys. Much appreciated!
    Best raw meet lifts

Best lifts Equipped