The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Avatar

Airsofter & Paintballer
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
    False.
    It had an article in the newspaper that stated that, and several reliable sources on the net that backed that up. What proof do you have of it being false?
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    I've been bulking for about 10 years
    Quote Originally Posted by backseatwitme13 View Post
    so how long do you cut?
    What's a cut?

Quote Originally Posted by TremL96 View Post
    It had an article in the newspaper that stated that, and several reliable sources on the net that backed that up. What proof do you have of it being false?

# As of December 2009, with an alleged budget of US $280,000,000 (estimated), this is one of the most expensive movies ever made.
    Like he said, false.
    23 y/o, 170 lbs

Do you understand that the second you
    look in the mirror and you're happy with
    what you see, baby, you just
    lost the battle!

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weasel View Post
    It actually called them "guns for hire" and stuff while he first got off the ship. , but i also hate when people yell or make a scene while i'm trying to watch.

I give the movie 5/5 very worth it to go see I'll probably end up buying it. (although I heard not to go see the 3d one because nearly 3hours of having on the glasses was causing some people to have horrid headaches and nausea.

On stealing the robot suit is in TONS of movies though heck it's in 3-4 very recent films like this one as well as district 9 had one VERY similar.
    I saw it in 3D, did not feel like 3 hours at all. I did not get (nor did the 4 other people with me) remotely nauseous or have head aches.
    Last edited by Mercuryblade; 12-26-2009 at 01:06 AM.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingWilder View Post
    Wow, some people take THEMSELVES way too seriously

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie...it was FUN, what the hell else do you people want?
    Everyone is a ****ing critic. I had a blast at the movie, people really seem to enjoy hating things, and I feel sorry for them.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Mercuryblade View Post
    Everyone is a ****ing critic. I had a blast at the movie, people really seem to enjoy hating things, and I feel sorry for them.
    Yeah, whats with all the negativity? This was the best theatrical experience ever imo. The scenery and special effects were mind blowing, I really had no idea it was going to be that good. I really wasnt expecting to get involved with the story too much either, but I was pulled in. Not to mention, Neytiri was hot! You had to pull for Jake with her in his corner After all, she was played by Zoe Saldana.

Last edited by jAy_Dub; 12-26-2009 at 09:00 AM.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig![/font][/size]

Hmm I really want to see this. I rarely make it to the movies but this has pretty good reviews. i like to watch movies to enjoy them.. not to poke holes or be hypercritical of little stuff (e.g., transformers.. fun movie, terribly designed plot)

I really enjoyed it. I saw it in Imax 3D...very cool.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by jAy_Dub View Post
    Yeah, whats with all the negativity? This was the best theatrical experience ever imo. The scenery and special effects were mind blowing, I really had no idea it was going to be that good. I really wasnt expecting to get involved with the story too much either, but I was pulled in. Not to mention, Neytiri was hot! You had to pull for Jake with her in his corner After all, she was played by Zoe Saldana.

I think shes hotter as an alien...I watched a ****ty cam version online and I ended up watching it twice. I am going to go see it in IMAX 3D next week.
    My journal
    Goal(Current):
    400(335) Bench Press
    600(520x3 2xBW) Dead Lift
    500(495x1) ATG Squat
    Total: 1500(1350)
    365 Front Squat
    consistency and intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by twm View Post
    Hmm I really want to see this. I rarely make it to the movies but this has pretty good reviews. i like to watch movies to enjoy them.. not to poke holes or be hypercritical of little stuff (e.g., transformers.. fun movie, terribly designed plot)
    yeah...as far as im concerned if I want reality, I'll stay out of the theater. Hell I wouldn't care if there were plot holes in my life if I got to hang out with awesome robot aliens.
    My journal
    Goal(Current):
    400(335) Bench Press
    500(495x1) ATG Squat
    365 Front Squat

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    I watched this movie in IMAX 3D and it was visually awesome. Definitely a C plot, but A+++++ visuals. I really don't think it would be good in normal viewing.

I hope all action movies come out in this format its about ten times better than normal viewing.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

Soilwork addict.
    LOL @ guys getting butt-hurt over my opinion.

Saying this movie has a good storyline is like saying fern gully was written by shakespear.
    Last edited by 4g64fiero; 12-26-2009 at 09:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by StormTheBeach View Post
    I think I am just going to start posting dick pictures on here until this thread gets deleted.
    18% BF down from 25%+ since April. Halfway to abs.

Current 1200+ gym total. 214 lbs 5'10.5" 36.5" waist.

Working on correcting some imbalances at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g64fiero View Post
    LOL @ guys getting butt-hurt over my opinion.

Saying this movie has a good storyline is like saying fern gully was written by shakespear.
    easy there bro, no one is "butt-hurt" we'e all just making fun of you.
    My journal
    Goal(Current):
    400(335) Bench Press
    500(495x1) ATG Squat
    365 Front Squat

Soilwork addict.
    Oh ok thanks for clearing that up.
    I think I am just going to start posting dick pictures on here until this thread gets deleted.

Movie was good. The 3D visuals were awesome.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamo View Post
    easy there bro, no one is "butt-hurt" we'e all just making fun of you.
    AHHHAAAAAHAAAHAAAAA!!!

I Saw the 3D version and actually opted not to see it in IMAX.
    I went and saw the Dark Knight in Imax after seeing it in the regular theatre and while it was spectacular the screen was so large that i was missing **** from focusing on another area.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Soilwork addict.
    I see you guys got jokes.

http://avatarsucks.com/

I saw it last night. Very impressed. 4/5.

I really liked it. Great special effects of course. Very nice fight scenes. The story line was predictable but it was an enjoyable sci-fi flick.
    Brad08 has some insight for people who don't understand... anything.
    This is so ****ing ******ed it's almost beyond belief. So, if you eat 3k, you will automatically gain 3k worth of fat or muscle? Incredible. And here I am eating all this food, yet maintaining my weight. Fascinating.

You're one of those pussies that counts his almonds I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g64fiero View Post
    I pretty much hated this movie and the only thing good about it was the cgi and alien titties EVERYWHERE!

Its the typical "white man takes over native land because of greed" movie just acted out with humanoids that suspiciously look like natives in the face. A **** ton of overtones are in the movie about how we destroyed earth because we didnt take care of "her". Thanks James Cameron, I just love lectures in sci fi..............PS **** you.

****, to top it off, it takes the typical white main character to "save" the natives from the white man invader. Thats an insult to the indeginous population. Why the **** could they not do it themselves? Oh yeah, because theyre stereo typically stuck in tradition and need to be led by new comer. That explains it, life is so much clearer now. I am destroying forests on pluto because I drive my car without a cat.

I want my ****ing 3 hours back. Jesus cheese, the only reason I didnt walk out is because I was with 5 other friends and one of them had bought my ticket.

I agree. Kill whitey

Quote Originally Posted by dynamo View Post
    I think shes hotter as an alien...I watched a ****ty cam version online and I ended up watching it twice. I am going to go see it in IMAX 3D next week.
    Have not seen it, but she is freaking hot as hell, can't imagine she could be hotter.

lulz..

I give it a 5/5..

I don't get why people are hating the anti-human in this thread.

When we have alien movies, 9 times out of 10 the aliens come to destroy us to use our resources. Is this not the same, only we're the aliens destroying them to use their resources?

I actually did not want to see the movie when my in-laws said we were going to see it that night. I sucked it up and went anyways and was blown away.
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

Wannabebig New Member
    Stop being overly critical .

4/5 ... it's a great flick . Takes you away from everything for a bit and is a fun time .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

Airsofter & Paintballer
    Quote Originally Posted by Altephor View Post
    Like he said, false.
    The production costs were $280 millions but the $500 million includes advertising (although if I remember right I read somewhere that someone shared the production cost). And either way, still the most expensive hollywood movie ever made.
    I've been bulking for about 10 years
    Quote Originally Posted by backseatwitme13 View Post
    so how long do you cut?
    What's a cut?

I also wanted to add that District 9 is a better movie. More original, better characterisation and more intense and suspensful action sequences.

Thinking back on Avatar I'm beginning to realise it was more flawed than I first noticed. One thing that annoyed me was how derivative it all was, I don't think there was a single fresh cinematic concept in the film (unlike District 9 or The Matrix for example). Even the flora and fauna of Pandora were derivative: three legged horses and dogs, pterodactyls, plants and trees, it was basically Earth with a slightly different evolutionary chain.

I also don't understand why the humans were computer generated, resulting in a loss of the subtleties of their facial expression, much of the acting was already wooden enough.

In spite of these things it was still pretty good, perhaps 3.5/5.

James Cameron's earlier efforts are far superior. Terminator 1 and 2, Aliens, The Abyss, all better films than Avatar.

There's a sequence in The Abyss where Ed Harris desperately performs CPR on his dying wife. It's one of James Cameron's finest moments, and probably has more emotion, more tension and more potency than the entirity of Avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by TremL96 View Post
    The production costs were $280 millions but the $500 million includes advertising
    False.
    "We could put his leg in a vice-grip, but you & I together couldn't twist his ankle enough to sprain it"
    - Jerry Glanville discussing Barry Sanders