Thread: Need some help with a specific program

Wannabebig Member

Need some help with a specific program

I'm trying to come up with a program to increase my shot put as quickly as possible. I mainly need to build explosive strength in pecs, triceps and delts. As well as a bit in legs and strength in mid section.

I was thinking maybe a westside type routine with ME and DE bench days with pecs and tris hit. One leg day (not sure whether it should be DE or ME) with lower back and abs aswell. And a Delt/shoulders day that will include a bit of secondary tricep stimulation.

This is just a rough idea, if anyone has anything better, or can help me with the specifics, I'd be very grateful.
    Thanks

-Chae

Alot of shot putters use westside with success. There have beens ome questions answered at elitefts.com go to the ask dave section and click on sport specific training or do a search.
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks, I'll try that