The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    WBBBBQ, lawlz. Good work today man... Real manual labour is always tough, earnest work. Don't blame you for taking the deload and not lifting today either. Eat up!
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    PR's - Squat 350 | Bench 290 | Deadlift 400.4 | BW 203
    P Clean 98 KG | Jerk 106 | Full Clean 106 |
    Philippians 4:13 - "I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me."
    "I'm really impressed with your dedication. I will call it your jedication." - killxswitch
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Worked your ass off dude...must have a real nice home and yard, WBB BBQ sounds awesome!!

The BBQ idea or a get together would be sweet. I'd love to meet you ****ers.

Good work with the gravel and what not bro!
    "Donít fall for the crap that people are peddling on message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your **** in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesnít matter. Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? **** you. Iíve got scars and blood and vomit."
    Jim Wendler, 531 Method

I'm down for a WBBBBQ any day any time. Well, as long as jed isn't there, he'll just bring his mini sausage and no one would want to see that ****.

Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

I'm definately down with this WBBBBQ!!!

Dude, with the weight loss, you're still looking pretty damn strong in here man....a rep here and there is normal, even when bulking, so I'd say you're doing just fine!!!

And ya man, good ol' manual labor is an excellent workout. I actually love doing manual labor for that exact reason.
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

Quote Originally Posted by jed View Post
    WBBBBQ, lawlz. Good work today man... Real manual labour is always tough, earnest work. Don't blame you for taking the deload and not lifting today either. Eat up!
    Lol thanks bro, I will!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Worked your ass off dude...must have a real nice home and yard, WBB BBQ sounds awesome!!
    Thanks Coke. Yeah it's not bad. I had a feeling WBBers would like the idea of a BBQ, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by KoSh View Post
    The BBQ idea or a get together would be sweet. I'd love to meet you ****ers.

Good work with the gravel and what not bro!
    That would be awesome... We all live in a somewhat close radius (well except Jed, and OR, probably others too lol). I'll have to think about it. And thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    I'm down for a WBBBBQ any day any time. Well, as long as jed isn't there, he'll just bring his mini sausage and no one would want to see that ****.
    LOL, just you. I guess you can come if you bring some Canadian Bacon. Mmmm, BBQ Bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by brihead301 View Post
    I'm definately down with this WBBBBQ!!!

Dude, with the weight loss, you're still looking pretty damn strong in here man....a rep here and there is normal, even when bulking, so I'd say you're doing just fine!!!

And ya man, good ol' manual labor is an excellent workout. I actually love doing manual labor for that exact reason.
    Thanks broski! Yup manual labor is good every now and then.

"Back" at it:
    DL-
    130x5
    160x5
    190x3
    205x5
    240x5
    Add straps
    275x10 PR
    125x10
    x10
    x10
    135x10
    x10

Rack pulls (from just below knee cap)-
    135x5
    225x5
    275x3
    315x2
    Add straps- 345x2
    395x2

This guy who looked suspiciously like Ron Artest was next to me doing BO rows said "Damn thats a lot of ****ing weight!" as I was doing 345. In my head I was rolling my eyes, since 345 is nothing for a rack pull, and he looked like he could do it easily. But I just smiled and said thanks, since I never get compliments outside of WBB, lol. Then he went over and showed these dudes how to squat ATG correctly (their form was bad). He seemed like a cool dude, too bad I never usually lift at this time, could probably learn something from him. Oh well, OH Press tomorrow.
    5'10"

Ultra Nasty Hypertrophy journal (HCT-12)-http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...rnal!-(HCT-12)

Old My 5-3-1 Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132576

Great deadlift, bud. Find the straps are helping a lot?? I don't remember coming across too many dudes like that at a commercial gym. Everyone's trying to compete with the next guy. That's another reason why I made the move to my garage. Where have you been? Oh, and I could definitely BBQ some Canadian bacon for ya!

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

Nice pulls. It would be cool if it was Ron. He's supposed to be a nice guy, an idiot, but a nice guy
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Ė Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Nice rack...

pulls.

See what I did there? :P
    "Donít fall for the crap that people are peddling on message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your **** in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesnít matter. Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? **** you. Iíve got scars and blood and vomit."
    Jim Wendler, 531 Method

Great deadlift, bud. Find the straps are helping a lot?? I don't remember coming across too many dudes like that at a commercial gym. Everyone's trying to compete with the next guy. That's another reason why I made the move to my garage. Where have you been? Oh, and I could definitely BBQ some Canadian bacon for ya!
    Thanks, fwend. Yeah, the straps help a TON. I can hold about 50 extra lbs with them on. I'd definitely train in my garage if I could, but I can't. Because I don't have one, lol. Last week I didn't train much because I did more yard work over the weekend, and my joints were worn out. I almost didn't lift yesterday either, but I figured if I wasn't going to lift every time I'm in pain, I might as well quit altogether. Bring on the bacon!

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Nice pulls. It would be cool if it was Ron. He's supposed to be a nice guy, an idiot, but a nice guy
    Thanks OR. He looked exactly like Ron, it was eerie. Down to the mustache. I wonder if he does it on purpose. It would have been awesome if it was him, he was my favorite player when he was with the Pacers. I was so pissed when he got suspended for that fight in Detroit...I'd have done the same thing if I got hit in the head with a beer.

Nice rack...

pulls.

See what I did there? :P
    Haha thanks KoSh. Very creative.
    5'10"

Ultra Nasty Hypertrophy journal (HCT-12)-http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...rnal!-(HCT-12)

OH Press-
    55x5
    70x5
    85x3
    90x5
    105x5
    115x7 PR woot!
    80x10
    x10
    x10
    x8
    x7

Chins-
    BWx1
    x2
    x3

Lat pulls-
    90x10
    100x10
    120x10
    120x10 drop set 70x20
    100x10

That's all.
    Last edited by AKMass; 04-27-2010 at 07:54 PM.
    5'10"

155x7?!?! Is that a typo? Is it suppose to be 115? If not, you're a ****ing monster! Your bench must be crazy strong too then!

155x7?!?! Is that a typo? Is it suppose to be 115? If not, you're a ****ing monster! Your bench must be crazy strong too then!
    LOL that was a typo. God, I wish...I'd almost be on ORs level in that case. One day, one day. Actually that's got me thinking, I wonder how many guys can press their own bodyweight...
    5'10"

Kiaran, Invain... I'm sure there's more. Vincent Dizenzo (sp.?) has a 400 lb+ strict overhead press and I'm sure a lot more of the heavy weights in here can press more than their body weight.

Nice pressing man. It's definitely getting up there.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Ė Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Glad to see your back into it. Nice deads and pressing.

Kiaran, Invain... I'm sure there's more. Vincent Dizenzo (sp.?) has a 400 lb+ strict overhead press and I'm sure a lot more of the heavy weights in here can press more than their body weight.
    400+?? That's insane! Oh, and you suck. Totally stole my idea for my next avatar lol. Is that the 395 DL?

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Nice pressing man. It's definitely getting up there.
    Thanks bro. That's definitely a compliment, coming from the master.

Quote Originally Posted by ELmx479 View Post
    Glad to see your back into it. Nice deads and pressing.
    Thanks budday.
    5'10"

You're getting stronger before our very eyes. Awesome to see bro!
    Jim Wendler, 531 Method

DOOD, you can still use the same idea. Flynn has it as well, Chris Rodgers, CManuel I think, and I'm sure others. It's teh cool to have the same avatars. Remember that time where everyone had theirs as themselves screaming while deadlifting? I wasn't part of that crew, but you get the idea. And no, that was actually from my 385 deadlift at Extreme Fitness, lol. I hate my garage for videos. It's too close and it's all facing my garage door instead of my gym.
    Last edited by Keith; 04-29-2010 at 05:07 PM.

You're getting stronger before our very eyes. Awesome to see bro!
    I know, aren't you proud?? Lol, thanks bro.

DOOD, you can still use the same idea. Flynn has it as well, Chris Rodgers, CManuel I think, and I'm sure others. It's teh cool to have the same avatars. Remember that time where everyone had theirs as themselves screaming while deadlifting? I wasn't part of that crew, but you get the idea. And no, that was actually from my 385 deadlift at Extreme Fitness, lol. I hate my garage for videos. It's too close and it's all facing my garage door instead of my gym.
    HMMMM I'll consider it. But I still have to get strong enough to be holding a respectable amount of weight...

Squats-
    105x5
    130x5
    155x3
    170x5
    195x5
    220x2 WTF MATE.
    115x10
    x10
    x10
    x10
    x10

....SO....MUCH....ANGER! Honestly don't know what happened. A couple weeks ago I hit 225x4 with gas in the tank. This time, after the second rep, I paused in the hole and just couldn't get out. Definitely not what I expected since I'm in a slight caloric surplus right now. I didn't even come close to the prescribed 5 reps. Next week is 235x3 (prescribed), I think if I can't hit that, I'm going to have to reset squats and climb back up the ladder. Until then, I'm just going to eat and sleep my *** off!
    5'10"

Nice PR's there brotha!! It always feels nice getting a compliment on how much weight you are doing....that's another good thing about deadlifts. You can pull a lot of weight fairly easily, but to everyone else (who 99.9% surely doesn't deadlift themselves), it looks like you are a monster!!! I got props the other day for my deads too...it felt good!

Good work as always!!
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

Where has he gone? Hope everything's going alright on your end dudely.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    PR's - Squat 350 | Bench 290 | Deadlift 400.4 | BW 203
    P Clean 98 KG | Jerk 106 | Full Clean 106 |
    Philippians 4:13 - "I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me."
    "I'm really impressed with your dedication. I will call it your jedication." - killxswitch
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW